Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2003, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

I am sure glad I sat out of this thread,I have to say reading it all at once,not being involved,well it looks silly and childish,of course I realize many of you guys know eachother ,so lots of it is just ribbing.
Why do so many threads turn into a shelby versus the world or an fe versus rocket engines ? I dont understand why everyone is constantly put into a position to defend his or her choice of cars,seems like a bunch of insecurity to me.To tell the truth,I think maybe we all take these things too seriously,we worry about the cars here more than the people,,that makes it shallow and cold,once again,seems like money ruins a good thing,if we all had beater cars,or no one here had a cobra,my guess is we would all get along,and stick to dicussing ideas and real life car related issues.
I am starting to feel defensive since I am buying a new csx4000 ,I dont like the feeling,and dont understand whyI should feel this way.
the real/replica/original thing kills me,it is easy to solve if you stick to the facts.
csx2/3000 ,"is it real ?" YES,is it original ? YES,
csx4/7000 ,is it Real ? YES {title says it,the same guy who signed off on the originals signed off on these,Carroll Shelby says it,and its his ball game,STILL}
csx4/7000 " Is it an ac cobra ?" NO,is it a shelby cobra ? YES,is it a Kit car ? NO,is it an original cobra ? NO
Obviously these are casual answers to casual questions,ask by people you may encounter at the store or gas station,I feel no need to educate every tom dick or harry on the history of cobras,it is also obvious if you were to be ask the same questions by a learned car enthusiast,or by an auction,vintage show ,track event,or shelby buff,and more detailed answer would be in order.
Carroll Shelby started this whole deal,so if he builds a 4 dr sedan with ground effects and the wheels that keep turning at stop lights,and calls it a Shelby cobra,it will be a shelby cobra,it wont be original,it wont have Dick Smiths butt prints in the seat,but a shelby cobra it is,,again,,I still dont understand why everyone is constantly put into a position to defend his choice of car.happy Holidays,,Tim

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "
Old 12-21-2003, 05:50 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Talking

I'm still waiting for the rainman to reply....

3pm, Judge Bill is on, just not the same since whopner, whopner went off the air......I'm a very good driver.......Dave, Dave, where is my 289FIA Dave (oops, wrong thread) .

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally posted by computerworks

Oh...whimsey? ...in that case...proceed, your honor.

I should have realized the humor when you signed it "...humbly"

...here come da judge.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-21-2003, 05:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Tim..

...defending one's personal choice or preferences is a natural reaction of human nature. That in itself is not bad.. in fact, it can be a learning experience for others participating in a mature discussion.

But, being put in that position ( to defend one's preference when it has been denigrated ) in what is supposed to be a friendly and fraternal atmosphere... is juvenile, embarrassing and flat-out uncalled-for.

That's the REAL issue I have 'gas' with.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:19 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

This is one of the main reasons I sat the first 7 pages out(ok, not really). Instead, I posted in such a way as to take this thread and turn it back in to the whimsical item is should be once the frozen snow balls got thrown..............

Bill S.

PS: Anyone want to go for a new years day ride??????

Quote:
Originally posted by computerworks

Tim..

...defending one's personal choice or preferences is a natural reaction of human nature. That in itself is not bad.. in fact, it can be a learning experience for others participating in a mature discussion.

But, being put in that position ( to defend one's preference when it has been denigrated ) in what is supposed to be a friendly and fraternal atmosphere... is juvenile, embarrassing and flat-out uncalled-for.

That's the REAL issue I have 'gas' with.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-21-2003, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, 351W
Not Ranked     

Vanity, one of mans greatest sins.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:29 AM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Have any of you folks EVER taken the LSAT (Law School Admissions Test)?? I never quite understood why some attorneys have "attitudes" so in my relentless pursuit of knowledge, I recently took the exam. Now I can unequivocally attest that they have a sound reason for anal tendencies. The test is saddistic, has absolutely nothing to do with REALity and everyone departs looking like deer caught in the halogens. This test would make Freud proud to establish an entire new viewpoint of why some children should wet the bed.....I'm glad that the seats were waterproof in the exam room.

Evan, we NOW understand!

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-21-2003, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

I hear ya ,,and agree Ron,,the only way this will work,and be enjoyable for all,is for it to be about the people who own these great cars and not so much the price,quality or maker of the cars.
it just gets old,,and here I am getting envolved,,thats really old,,hahah,,like I said,,we take it wat too seriously,,,Tim

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "
Old 12-21-2003, 08:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Dano,
What was your score? And why did you voluntarily take that test? Are you some sort of massichist.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

Last edited by Chaplin; 12-21-2003 at 09:07 AM..
Old 12-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

Chappy,
The scores won't be available for another 3 weeks. When I took the first test, my score was somewhere between "politician and moron" so I decided to retake it seriously in the morning after a prep course. The reason: a moment of temporary insanity and mid life "geeze I've been in this career for 23 years, there has to be something more to life" crisis. Actually I've been bent over the table by the health insurance carriers, as a provider and a patient and thought it's about time that someone who's been in the medical profession, takes them to task, for the doctors but moreso for the patients.

That's my reason for the insanity, how about yours?

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-21-2003, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Dreaming
Not Ranked     

I think that the original thread should be edited to read"Cobra Replica Rankling" to warn off newbies or attract the oldtimers who have beatup on each other for so long they are starting to like it.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

My reason for insanity? I haven't been able to find a job in the auto industry that will pay me enough to keep me in the lifestyle to which I would like to become accustomed. On a serious note, years ago when I was trying to figure out what to do with my life (not that I've figured it out btw), I had a very "instructive" experience. I worked with a bunch of guys, some of whom had been working in this place for 20 plus years. We got a new manager who came in and fired 90% of the staff and brought in "his people." I watched a lot of good hardworking people get the boot b/c of corp. politics. After that, I decided that I never wanted to be depenent on someone else for my livelihood. I figured a JD would always give me the option of self emplpyment- you can always hang out your own shingle somewhere.

And if it's a mid-life crisis thing, why don't you just buy a Porshce? I think I know someone who may be selling a low miles 930

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 12-21-2003, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

On page one I suggested the originator of the thread use the search function and do his homework..

Too bad it didn't slip off the front page after that and just dissappear. Guess it's back at the top now.

Old 12-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

There's no point to this thread anymore....Closing.
Closed Thread