Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2003, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     
Default what am I doing wrong??

Most of the time when I log on to the site my screen won't handle what's displayed... other times it fits just fine....
I can't see that I'm doing anything different each time.
The photo gallery will be condensed until I move the cursor onto it and then it expands so the pictures don't overlap...

anyone???
Old 12-19-2003, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     

Keeping in mind I know ZERO about this stuff - the computer I use at work has the world's slowest DSL connection & I have a lot of trouble with this site.
My home DSL is faster than greased lightning & it displays with much less fuss.
My guess is that it has a lot of bells, whistles and pictures - and if you have a slow-ish connection, it just gets overwhelmed with info.
I'm sure those in the know will give us a much more technical explanation, but I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

D
Old 12-19-2003, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Must be old age Al no other explination for it

Randy
Old 12-19-2003, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

you seem depressed,if I am not mistaken you posted the thread about the bikers getting all the girls,,and now this,,,do you need to talk ? :} Tim

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "
Old 12-19-2003, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

Durt,

That makes perfect sense to me... of course I know even less then you do about computers. Actually I'm running a cable modem but it's an older processor 450. I've got a 2.4 Gig processor in the laptop next to me on a wireless connection and it's fast but still the web site comes in at different sizes and spilling off the screen..

Randy,
I wish I could say you're wrong but you're probably not...
and Happy Easter to you too.... or whatever holiday is coming..I'M OLD, REMEMBER!!!!!

Misfit,

No that wasn't me it was Speedemon... However, I did post something on that thread that seems a little suspicious and might indicate in life style change over to the dark side... Possibly a sign of impending depression..I may have to go back and edit it...

thanks guys and have a great holiday....
Old 12-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

What screen resolution are you running? Best resolution is 1024x768. I connect on several different computers with varying connection speeds and processor speeds. One machine is a 333, another is a 1700 on a 56k modem, and another is high speed. All work perfectly.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

Al,

The same thing happens to me late at night after I had a few drinks. I miss spell words and sentences don't mak sens and evryone hear starts to make a lot of sense. Try again in the morning.

Shin

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 12-20-2003, 05:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Al,

I am using a dial up on both computers and this one has a resoluton of 1280 X 1024. The other has less. But once in a while I do get a difference in the size of rhe display screen on both, but nothing compared to what you are describing. Have you cleaned out your cach and all cookies and the rest of the junk Temp. Internet Files? Processor speed doesn't seem to be an issue. This one is 3.2 Gig and the other 1.2 gig. The other has 768 MB RAM and this one has 1.5 Gig RAM, so that isn't it. If that was my only worry I would be thrilled. I am pulling my hair out ( very little left ) as to why I can't downsize a pictue to put in a post without losing all resolution. If you will tell me how to get this to work I will help you with your minor problem.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-20-2003, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron -
the screen I use at work is a flat plasma monitor that I edit video on - very high buck & the computer is a G-4 Mac on a DSL connection. I experience the same anomolies that Al describes. My home 'puter is a two year old Compac PC with an ancient Sony 17" monitor, also on a DSL connection, and I have no problem with the site.
The only differences I can ascertain, just using a side-by-side comparison is the quality of the DSL server.
As far as re-sizing images, what program are you using to shrink your images? I use PhotoShop & it seems to hold the resolution (see my gallery,) - unless I shrink an already re-sized image, then the pixels get goofy.
Good luck -

Durt
Old 12-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Durt,

I am using one flat 19" plasma screen and one 19" CRT but I just have a dial up connection.

I am using Paint Shop Pro 8.1 and have tried everything I can think of. I don't try to resize an image once I have tried it. I keep the original copy untouched and then do my resizi9nd and save it as another copy. I have tried both the resize and the save as with various compressions set from 1 to 50 and any picture that I get under the 20K size is a blurr. I know this prgram can do that, I am just missing something and haven't found out what.

I had Photoshop 4 the platinum edition before and still had problems and I know it is me and not the programs. I went to Pro 8 for the animation program. Any suggestions as to what I am missing?

Ron

Old 12-20-2003, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron -
I'm not familiar with Paint Shop, but my wife (the techhie in this house,) says it's a great program.
Are you starting with hi-res pictures? Most of the images I download from my camera are enormous & I just hit the 'Image' tool and then 'resize image,' enter an arbitrary size like 5"x7" and save as a jpeg.
Beyond that, neither one of us could figure out why your image quality would degenerate.
Remember - computers are your friend. I say that to myself every time my edit system crashes & I lose a day's worth of work because the auto-save didn't auto save.

Durt
Old 12-20-2003, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC on order, 351c4v and top loader for power. And did I say that it will be Orange with white stripes?
Not Ranked     

caseleenie,

Simple fix, surprised that it hasn't been suggested yet-get a bigger screen
Old 12-20-2003, 06:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Kelly,

Don't tell Al that. the last time someone went in and turned his wallpaper upside down, he spent a week with the monitor upside down so the wallpaper was right side up.

Ron