Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2004, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Csx 4797
Not Ranked     
Default Csx 4000

I have recently put a down payment on a csx 4000, for the 39.9k price, I sent a check for 10,000 but did not recieve any information about the car, invoice, or reciept of payment and am told that full payment must be paid before delivery. Has anyone else done the same?
Old 01-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Your best bet would be to call SAI directly. There have been a lot of "rumors" about these cars, but little factual information to date. I heard there is a web site specially for those who have deposits on the cars to address these issues. However, I have NOT heard where or how to gain access to said Web Site. That would be the FIRST question I would ask SAI.

Ernie
Old 01-15-2004, 03:12 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

T

Last edited by mrmustang; 01-15-2004 at 05:36 PM..
Old 01-15-2004, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Red flag...red flag....red flag! Who are you dealing with?!

My SPF required 1/3 payment on ordering, 1/3 when shipped, and balance on final delivery. Go talk to your salesperson/dealer.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

The information that you are looking for can be found at www.shelbyautos.com
Old 01-15-2004, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

This has been discussed here before, with little solved. Ernie is right......there IS supposed to be a web site just for "you fella's" that purchased a CAV4000. I think you can access it through Shelby's web site, but supposedly you need a "password" to get in. Did you recieve anything like that with your order? Doesn't sound like it, since you didn't even get a reciept for your deposit.
Don't sweat it. I'm sure Shelby will come up with a car (and probably a decent car for the price), but it looks like a waiting game for now. A lot of "funny stuff" going on at the CAV plant from what I hear, also.
Not good business, if you ask me.......and it makes the Kirkham Alum. Roller @ 39K look like an even bigger bargain that it already is!
Old 01-15-2004, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

And.. in fact, Shelby has shared quite a bit of info with the current Cobra buyers via the Shelby owner's site in the last two days. I highly recommend you sign up and check in. I don't feel like I should be the one to post it- but there is a LOT of info there that addresses the rumors and where things stand. Hopefully more info will be publicly available shortly. I for one am very satisfied

Short of that, Ernie's advice about picking up the phone is also a very good idea. I think you can get the answers you need either way.

-JT

Go to:
http://www.shelbyautos.com/forum/index.asp
Old 01-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!
i think i told everone of the purchase agreement before and they didn't believe me, hope you get it in writing with the delivery date

p.s. go for the kirkham

Last edited by csx700?; 01-15-2004 at 04:30 PM..
Old 01-15-2004, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Did they cash your check?
Old 01-15-2004, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

troll?
Old 01-15-2004, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Forgive me if I'm wrong but something smells of troll.

Is that a stirring sound I hear?
Old 01-15-2004, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4780...after 19 months finally in Vegas. Now, if they can get the paint right :(
Send a message via Yahoo to ff2_emtb
Not Ranked     

Drakon, I too sent 10k to a dealer for a deposit on the car, with the balance due on delivery. This is nothing new. Car dealerships do this all the time If you want to order a vehicle, you give them a deposit and the balance is due on delivery. I will agree however that the lack of documentation is a legitimate concern. I do not know who you are dealing with, but my dealer and I discussed at length the process and when I sent my certified check, I also made sure that there was something in the envelope that stated what the check was for, and I sent it by certified mail. Also I have hard copies of every email between us including the email that stated that he had placed the order with SAI and he gave me the chassis number. I myself am not worried about this.

The website/forum for SAI owners is under menu->general info->news->shelby owners forum. I believe you have to submit your info (name ) and what CSX you were assigned to get your password. There is some vey good info that has been posted there over the last couple of days, that I don't feel either is my job to post it. Suffice it to say I think that all owners/buyers of the CAV cars are very very happy.

t.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Until Drakon1 completes his profile and responds to e-mail requests, his post will be considered a prank.

The best advice has been suggested: ..simply call SAI.

Should this new member be legit, I suggest a follow-up post by Drakon1 only to let us know what he found out from SAI.

Ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Closed Thread