23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Which of these is the best spot for a Cobra car show?

Trying to finalize a location for Cobra Revolution II. It will probably hold it at Washingtons' Crossing Historic Park, right on the Delaware River. That is right between Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The date is Saturday, June 5th. I went to the park area and found a few areas that may be suitable, but each is different. I need your opinions on which location would be best for a car show/picnic. I found three potential locations:

1. There is a pavillion right inside Washington Crossing park. It has tables for about 80 people to sit under the pavillion (not that more can't stand around or outside of it). It also has a mid-size parking lot next to it. Large open grass field nearby. Nothing fancy, just a decent spot.

2. There is another pavillion in the park right along the Delaware River. It has a nice size parking lot, and we should have no problems putting 50 Cobras in it. And the pavillion is literally on the banks of the Delaware River. Very scenic. The catch... the pavillion is actually down a set of steps from the parking lot. So we wouldn't be standing directly next to the cars. The parking lot is right at the top of the steps, and you can see the tops of the cars from the pavillion, but it is several steps down. We could always set up the food up with the cars, and if people want to go down to the pavillion, they can (I'm sure there would be people in both spots at all times, so the cars would be safe).

3. There is a pavillion in Bowmans' Hill Tower, which is about 5 miles from the park. This is another public park area (the Tower is on top of a large hill and has a great view of the area) Again, nothing fancy. Nice large parking lot. Cover for about 75 people. Sort of remote from passing traffic (so less public likely to see us, whether that's good or bad). So we'd be more on our own.

Which of these three would you like to have a car show in? An average area in a large park; a very scenic area on the river, but with a lot about 5' above it; or a remote pavillion?

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Anyone have suggestions? I want to pick the right one and reserve it in the next day or two.

Steve

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Series 1 CSX5098 (w/ supercharger) & Diasio D962R Turbo race car
Not Ranked     

Steve:

I guess it all depends on thr number you think will be attending. Assuming you are planning on having no more than 75-80 attending, I would recommend either option 1 or 3.

I personally think it would be nice to be close to the cars. Therefore, option 2, is my least favorite.

jim
Old 01-26-2004, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     

Tunafish, AVOID Bowmans's Hill....lotsa kids without active parental supervision. Plus lots of nature lovers who will not be fond of noisy, fossil-fuel belching beasts.

Options #1 or #2 perfectly adequate; #1 probably more appropriate since we are on same plane as the cars - altho an adjoining water view is pretty nifty. #1 likely to draw plenty of crowd, but (I think...) has room for all, including gawkers.

Now, if we can get Hooters to cater, with beer truck....yeah, I know, we'll all be divorced within the day.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Jamvan, I'm hoping for 100 or so. I think we can get there. We were close to that last year. I kinda have mixed feelings about being close to the car. I completely understand wanting to keep people from messing with them. But with almost 100 people, hopefully more, I thought maybe we'd have people all over the place, and the cars would never really be "alone". We could even set the food up by the cars and people can go down to the pavillion for shade, the view, etc... But that may be too much of a pain in the a$$.

Tolltaker, , do you hang out around the Bowmans tower with said unattended children? Sure you aren't Michael Jackson? That's a shame about all the kids, because it's a nice spot. I was thinking of making Bowmans part of a cruise route. I haven't been up there in 10 years (I grew up in Yardley). It was closed when I was there on Saturday, so we couldn't go up.

Steve

Old 01-26-2004, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Angry Y'know, Starfish...

...that's it, blow my cover. Now the Gloved One will be horning (pun intended) in on my playground.

Nah, got a wife that finds some enjoyment in flowers and such...thinks they're pretty nice up there. I think the view is nice, but just can't find much use for flowers. Oh, well.

All in all, any one of your picks is pretty topnotch. And just think, we'll be able to pick off the mountain bikers in clusters - instead of just one at a time. Lotsa them on Rt. 32 and usually pretty snotty about cars crowding their road.