Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     
Smile Antique & Collectible Forum

A & C Owners, we now have our own forum to discuss and talk about these vehicles from Buffalo, NY.
Thank you Brent M. for giving us this place to hang out in.
I hope everyone enjoys this forum Brent has givin us.
Enjoy,

Hopefully, Joe and Sonny will chime in on occasion.

Jim Farrell
Old 02-03-2004, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Anxiously awaiting my A&C w/ modified 351W
Not Ranked     

hey Jim,

What's up - Ordered my A&C last week - looking for it in about June - looking for completion in about Dec '04/Jan'05 (hopefully!).
Old 02-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kanobe: congrats! don't forget to thank, Brent M, Joe T and Roscoe and all those other A & C guys for this Forum. did you get a painter or a gel-Coat color. Any questions feel free to ask. There are a bunch of real good guys who own A & C, as well as all the good guys who participate here on CC. I was so excited when I ordered my kit, I wish I would have participated earlier on this thread. I know I would have made some different decisions on some stuff. But, heh, this gives me something to do over the winter!!! The project is still under construction!! You got to come out to DVSF V in June of '05!!! Check out Klayfish and others from DC area. Check Legendary Cobra site. Heh!! is that my ride on that site, well, hell yes it is. Are you going to get anything from John York? Give me an email anytime!!
Jim
Old 02-03-2004, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, 351W/400hp
Not Ranked     

I'm also a new-to- be A&C owner. John York will be starting mine in a few weeks. I know when the weather breaks I'm gonna be gittin giddy!!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

WHATBUS,
You will be very happy with John Yorks products and services. Pat Scarpulla, friend of mine with an A&C, had his engine and tranny done by John. Perfect engine with wonderful power. Enjoy it.

--Mike
Old 02-06-2004, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Anxiously awaiting my A&C w/ modified 351W
Not Ranked     

hey Jim - yep, no doubt - I want to thank all the guys responsible for this forum - as well as those who helped me out with information on the other discussion threads prior to this one (as well as a few phone calls to boot!)
One -problem - being so new - I don't even know who everybody is yet - I suppose with time (and maybe some cruise-ins). . .

Anyway - I'm going with the Gel coat - I HOPE it's nice - so far I've heard much positive feedback about it - so I feel good about it.
(there was a recent A&C Cobra for sale up on Cobra Country that caused me some concern. It was a bright red one that, I don't know if it was the photograph, the lighting, or what, looked a little dull and/or (I wanna say) waxie(?) - kind of like a toy bumper car. (E.g., the reflections of the things surrounding the car (trees structures, etc) should be sharp - it should be pretty mirror-like.) With this particular car - the images/relfections were fuzzy/dull, kind of out of focus - again it could have been the picture.
I called Sonny and said - hang on a second - if that's what the gel coat looks like - I'm going to have to think about it. He assured me that the finish is in fact hi-luster (mirror like/shiny, etc) Plus I've neard from many of you guys with the gel coat bodies and everyone seems to think it's good. Plus I've seen a couple up close and they seem to be fine as well. Perhaps the one I saw on Cobra Country was a fluke.

John is building both my engine and drive train - heard a lot of good stuff about him too. Thanks to everyone who's replied!!! Can't wait to start runnin' it!

Gonnna go check out the Legendary Cobra site now. . .
Old 02-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kanobe: What you may want to do is get the gel-coat and have someone clear coat it for you, especially if you want a stripe. I am eventually going to have it clear coated but right now I'm happy with it the way it is.
Jim
Old 02-07-2004, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default Clearcoat and stripes

What I did was I had a local painter scuff up the finish on the gelcoat. Then he taped and shot the stripes and then clearcoated the entire body (doors and all for a consistent finish).

The gelcoat finish was really nice by itself, however, by clearcoating the body, it added more depth and luster to the overall finish. Also, the stripes are now buried under the clearcoat with no ridge at the edges of the stripes.

Tony
Old 02-07-2004, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Just for the uninformed, do NOT hesitate to clear coat A&C's gel-coats! Turns out to be one "bad" looking car if done right. Now if you expect Sonny or Joe to get on here....are you nuts?

DV...anyone in our area who wants to stop in and see some of A&C's work, by all means do so!
Old 02-07-2004, 08:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectible 302
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Our own forum!!

Aren't we special!! Yes, I guess we are. This is a great resource for those researching various cars, and for us to trade tips. I also had John York build my engine/trans. combo, and a few other items. All outstanding work.
Does anyone have experience with vinyl stripes? I'm toying with the idea.........