Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Cobra Driven by Demi Moore for Sale

Demi Moore Cobra
Old 02-07-2004, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

I thought the car in the movie was wrecked! .........hmmmmm, must have been camera tricks.

I don't know if I'll buy it..........but I'll sniff the seat where Demi was sitting!
Old 02-07-2004, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Man, that looks an awful lot like a Shell Valley.......
Old 02-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

I think Richard commented on the movie once. Seems there were two or three SPF's(?) AND a JBL used in that movie.

And yes, one of them WAS wrecked.

Ernie

Last edited by Excaliber; 02-07-2004 at 05:47 PM..
Old 02-07-2004, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

Terry
My guess is the seat was already auctioned off for more than the actual car will bring.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Damn. I wanted that seat!

Old 02-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter FIA style body with Ford suspension, 351W/396 by Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

Scratch 'n sniff?

Bumpster
Old 02-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

One bid in three days? Not exactly burning down the house. At the current price, an excellent deal.

Ernie
Old 02-07-2004, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Ex,

It's such an excellent deal, it can't be purchased at that price. Right beside the current bid, it says "Reserve Not Met"
Old 02-08-2004, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Self Built, 427 USRRC, 427FE, Toploader
Not Ranked     
Default Huhhh....

Take a real close look at the car, again with Demi behind the wheel, are you all sure this is the car, or is the EBay seller just "claiming" that this is the car? Terry, check the seat again!
grumpy
Old 02-08-2004, 05:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Not as compelling a purchase as the Austin Powers Shaguar would make. THAT is more pop culture.

Bill Gates would have some lofty company, if selling everything Demi has sat on makes a profit.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Guys, I really think that's a Shell Valley car. I can tell by the top radiator mount, and the position of the steering column coming out of the dash....a Shell Valley has an extremely high steering column...almost like a go-cart....
Old 02-08-2004, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Shell Valley built four identical kit cars for 2 Fast, 2 Furious the sequel to the Vin Diesel blockbuster that featured about as many explosions as fast cars.

Three of those cars were meant to meet that fate, while one was to be saved by the studio and taken to promotional events, Shell Valley owner Rich Anderson said at the time. "The movie was just too long," he said Monday. "They had over 100 cars they gathered up to use." Instead of serving as the hero's car (Diesel opted not to star in the sequel) the Cobra cars were pushed into the background.

Two of the cars were sold to Universal Studios to be used in the "Charlie's Angels" sequel "Charlie's Angels Full Throttle." Shell Valley built an additional two, but these had none of the workings of a car, such as interior frames, wheels and chassis.

They did, however, have working lights. Anderson said that, from what he has heard, Demi Moore and Lucy Liu will descend from the air by a hang glider, land in a Cobra car, hit a ramp, fly over a stadium of people, and crash into the side of the building. No reports on the injuries the women will suffer, but the car will be a total loss.

"Universal told us they actually had a machine they were going to catapult, that was their exact word, catapult them into the building," Anderson said. Anderson is not upset about the cars' reduced role in the Fast and the Furious movie, because not only will the cars have double exposure when the two sequels open this summer, the company is also building a relationship with Universal.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #101, 342 stroker
Not Ranked     

I saw a Charlie's Angels car on E-bay a few months back, this could be the same one. At that auction they stated that the car ran, but was not a complete kit. Gas tank was only large enough to drive for 10 minutes or something crazy like that. It was cosmetically finished enough to put in the movie, but by a kit builder's standard, it was not even close to complete. Can't remember if they said it was Shell Valley, but it kinda looks that way from the other posts. As the other's have stated, the seat was probably the only collectible part
Old 02-08-2004, 11:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 FFRs - One with a 302EFI, the other one I named SuperCobra - 2003 SVT Cobra gear
Not Ranked     

Let me clear things up, as I live near and visit Armond of California Cobra almost every day, yes, he bought the car a few months back from the movie studios, the car back then was not street legal, it had a 3 gallon gas tank and was built in a rush, so he fixed a lot of small problems to make it street legal.
It is a Shell Valley and according to the DVD documentary (see inside your rented Charlie's Angels" DVD, there's a section where they talk about the cars in the movie, they say they made 8 Cobras in different stages to accomplish all of the movie stunts, but this one is the actual ONLY one built complete and undamaged).
I saw the car since the day it got here (he went to the studios to pick it up after winning it on eBay) to just 2 days ago when I was over there.
California Cobra ( www.cacobra.com ) builds FFRs, Uniques, Shell Valleys, Contemporary's, etc. They are the distribuitor for Backdrafts also.
the Car is the one used in the movie and comes with a Letter of Authenticity.
I can take more pictures if you guys want....

Old 02-08-2004, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

......He didn't change the drivers seat, did he?????? Maybe if they would have gotten Demi to sign the dash (ala Shelby), it would have been sold by now! Some pictures of her in the car would have helped as well!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 FFRs - One with a 302EFI, the other one I named SuperCobra - 2003 SVT Cobra gear
Not Ranked     

yep, the seat still in there, I've touched it and also touched the passenger seat...
you know who sat in the Passenger seat?

Old 02-08-2004, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #90, 351w,Tremec 3550, SB100 SOLD
Not Ranked     

I have also seen this car at Ca. Cobra. It is the real deal. Armond put alot of work into this car to make it legal and streetable for some lucky person to buy. It looks great and I am sure someone will really like it after they buy it! Perhaps an enterprising person could make some money by selling seat time for photos! Or rent it to auto shows and grand openings. I'd be tempted if I hadn't just bought a Backdraft from Armond!
Old 02-08-2004, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey Skip,

Sergio here, I just met you at Armond's , what? 2 days ago.

Hope to go on a run soon! right?
Old 02-08-2004, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

OK what will this car go for. Any estimates.

Lets see who get close?

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026