14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2004, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1696, 427 Shelby aluminum 462 stroker from Southern Automotive. 1967 GTO and a '98 'Vette. Life is good.
Not Ranked     
Talking Why My Crusin' Partner is a REAL B*tch

Hi All!

I've made cruisin' a big part of my life during the summer here in Michigan. I've cruised with all sorts of friends, relatives, and even an occasional friendly stranger. But after many years of cruisin', I've come to the conclusion that my all-time best cruisin' buddy is a b*tch, literally. My "Dog from Hell" is, all things considered, the best cruisin' partner I've ever had.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=1

Here's my baker's dozen list of reasons why dogs make the best cruisers:

1. They're always ready to go.
2. It's never too hot or too cold.
3. They love having the windows or top down.
4. They don't worry about their hair gettin' messed up.
5. They don't care about the price of gas.
6. Cute "puppies" attract cuties.
7. They never complain about anything.
8. They're ALWAYS grateful.
9. They always seem happy.
10. They wait patiently while I'm at Best Buy lookin' at toys.
11. They never tell when I buy toys at Best Buy.
12. They don't have to be back home before American Idol comes on.
13. Beef jerky and Slurpies at the local 711 makes for a VERY big night out.

LOL

Anyone else out there cruise with their K9? Any other reasons to add to my list? Any pics?

I love my dog!

"There ain't nuthin' fun about havin' money in the bank."

"If I were smarter, I'd probably know a lot more."

Last edited by StephenC; 02-18-2004 at 08:05 AM..
Old 02-18-2004, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 Seat Roadster-by B&B, 460+ w/auto.
Not Ranked     

WOW! I CAN CRUISE WITH MYSELF!!!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1696, 427 Shelby aluminum 462 stroker from Southern Automotive. 1967 GTO and a '98 'Vette. Life is good.
Not Ranked     
Question Do People Know?

Dawg:

Thanks for posting, at least one person responded. LOL. Dogs and Cobras, man's two best friends and no one posts. Go figure.

Maybe, most people don't know that a female dog is properly called a "b*tch". I thought that was pretty common knowledge, at least until urban slang came along.

Ya' Think?

Last edited by StephenC; 02-18-2004 at 06:13 PM..
Old 02-18-2004, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 Seat Roadster-by B&B, 460+ w/auto.
Not Ranked     

I've got all kinds of pets that I call my family. I'm more of a cat person but you can't take one cruising. Dogs are cool. They seem to have the attitude of "I love my life!" They seem to be upbeat and always are satisfied with what you are doing. Doesn't matter what it is. Like you said, they love being in an open moving vehicle.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

Here's my best friend, Giovanna. I plan to clone her. She greets me at the door always happy to see me, no matter what mood I'm in.

Shin
Attached Images

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 02-18-2004, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Great Pic!

Speed:

I have a set of those (a much smaller pair) for Dog From Hell. She hates em, but will wear them anyway.

She's sittin' next to me right now, we're eatin' popcorn and watchin' TV. All I have to do is say, "GTO" and she's headed for the door. She loves to cruise.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

I have found that people who love and are kind to animals are mostly really nice people. It also helps, as you say to strike up a conversation with the opposite sex. Women like men who love animals. Its works for me every time as I watch my wife striking up conversations with perfectly strange men who have dogs and cats.

Shin

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 02-19-2004, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

As much as I love to cruise with our dog, my daughter is the better partner. She will go in and look at the toys, be happy with a couple gummy snacks, smiles the whole time in the car and can't talk well enough yet to tell on me. Being married I don't need to attract more women but they always find it funny the way her car seat fits. The only drawback is I am the one that gets to untangle her hair after a ride.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Lucky Guy!

Brent:

Savor those moments. I never had a daughter, I have two sons. When I got my GTO, one was 13 and the other was 11. Despite many attempts on my part, neither was ever very interested in cars or cruising. Hence, the dog. When one did show an interest in cars, it was the "rice burners" that got his attention.

You may find, as many parents have, that at some point your daughter develops a "life" with her own friends and activities. At that point being seen with parents becomes "way uncool". If this happens, don't be hurt, it's just a fact of life. It's a stage they pass through.

Thanks for sharing info about your cruisin' partner. As much as I love to cruise with my dog, your crusin' buddy beats mine by miles.

Savor those moments.

A follow-up: I didn't mean to give the impression I go trolling for young ladies. I am happily married to the love of my life, my best friend (with two or four legs). Still, I find an aging male ego enjoys female attention, even if it is directed at his car. LOL

Best Wishes,

Last edited by StephenC; 02-19-2004 at 01:13 PM..
Old 02-20-2004, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Three Cobras, one 351W, one 427SO, one 527BB & one GT-40 427R
Not Ranked     
Default Magmum...

Here is a picture of one pi$$ed off Great Dane! lol. While she was a sweetheart and just loved being anywhere I or my wife happened to be, the rumbling pipes of the Cobra is one thing she just did not like. While she "tolerated" it, getting her in the car was something akin to wrestling a bull into a closet! Sadly a year ago our little buddy "Magnum" left us on her 13th birthday, almost to the very minute she was born. You don't come across that very often.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Stephen,

I have been know to grab my dog and put him in the right seat, but with a leash as I have the kind that would jump out of the car at an intersection if he saw a squirrel.

Great pics in your gallery...you seem to have this photography and digital editing thing down I'd say.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

We have a harness for out Lab that uses the seat belt. Great thing for these types of dogs. Also wouldn't want her to come flying forward from the back seat in our other car if we were in a crash.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have a 10 year old dachshound, um, daschound, er, dashchund, damn!, wiener dog that absolutely loves to go for car rides. It's the high point of his week if we take him with us to McDonalds. Unfortunately he can't see out of most cars unless you have him in your lap (always the passenger's). He sits facing forward looking like a hood ornament. However, I used to have an MG Midget that he loved to ride in because it was on his scale. He could see out unassisted, and he loved the wind with the top off. He also liked all the attention he got from passers-by.

Not sure what he'd make of a Cobra with side pipes. He hates thunderstorms.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Dawgs!

RT:

You're right, she looks royally p*ssed. Sorry she's gone, it really hurts when they pass away. Just like losing a close friend or a family member. Chelsea will be 11 this year. I can't imagine not having her, she's is my shadow. My Dad used to say, there is always one dog that you have during your life that stands apart from all the others. Chelsea is that dog for me.

ToyCollector:

Thanks for the compliment and taking time to look at the images in my gallery. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Lane:

Welcome to CC and thanks for sharing that story. Chelsea also hates thunder and loves MacDonald's (plain hamburger and a few fries does the trick.) LOL

Dawgs........gotta' love 'em.