Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2004, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: sold a SPF
Not Ranked     
Default Great Times Are Ahead..thanks!

My wife and I were fortunate today to take delivery on a new SUPERFORMANCE. It was a pleasure to finally be behind the wheel versus in front of a computer researching, reading and drooling about one.

The advice I secured here will certainly assist us in a safe and more enjoyable journey. The guys who told me to go with a 351 stroker were dead on right. Eric's (Performance Engineering ) 418 stroker is so smooth yet potent. It idles smoother than my company car. A well balanced set up for sure. One that will get my utmost respect.

I find the 90 inch wheelbase challenging yet very responsive and fun. I prefer the driver interaction versus a longer wheelbase car. I am so glad I didn't by a classic muscle car or that classic vette!

The experience with my dealer, Dynamic Motorsports (Superformance) has been impressive. It is nice to know your hard earned...really hard earned money is still respected. This team certainly has worked hard to expand and refine their operation.

What is it with the Cobra crowd anyway?

Everyone seems so customer centric and responsive. I called the Finish Line Inc. for some goodies..they answered on the 2nd ring..took my order and delivered a day early. Dynamic Motorsports opened their shop up on a Sunday so wifey could pick the color after spending 4 long questioned packed hours with me the prior day. Then there is Eric at Performance Engineering who never rushes you off the phone and is always willing to go the extra mile. Example: I needed to pick up my finished car today but it looked like freezing rain. What did he say?..no problem .. how about I deliver it to you..no charge...don't worry about it.

The ride:

A while back I remember Hal wrote a story about riding up to Olthoffs in the cold. It was a well written story one that I read over and over. This guy knows how to use his Cobra! I knew I couldn't wait to do the same. So off we went into the flurry filled frigid air with the soft top and heater off (I need to read the manual). Does it get more enjoyable when it warms up? Is it possible? As far as I am concerned, this is a 3 season car! I froze more Jet Skiing in the ocean with a wet suit on!

If this is a sign of things to come I can't wait! We had a freak'n blast....kids jumping, smiling and waving, horns beeping, thumbs up everywhere. At least that's what my wife said. Once again, I'll take her word for it. I was too busy assuming the 10 and 2 o'clock driving position with my eyes straight ahead. Most of the time anyway....

So, there you go...another "I just took my first ride" posting. Sorry, I had to get it out of my system.

Best wishes and thanks for all of your guidance and advice. It certainly helped to read about your passion and enjoyment. It really pushed me into the buying mode.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Great story !

It looks like you've gone for a well-proven combination of car and engine. I would say that you'll love it, but you've already worked that bit out

Congratulations !!!
Old 02-21-2004, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 1710, Sunset Red/Titanium Stripe, 428 FE with dual quads
Not Ranked     

Congratulations and welcome to the club.
As far as the heater goes, be sure to open the two little plastic doors located under the center of the dash. When they're closed, you ain't got no stinkin' heat. When they're open, you'll definitely feel it.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Congrats, RickyD! You WILL have the proverbial "MILES OF SMILES" whenever you drive that car!!!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

Congratulations Rick.
I'm gald to hear that you had a wonderful experience with Dynamic and Performance Engineering. They're all a great group of guys and will continue to assist and answer all of the ensuing questions that will present when the adrenaline levels off.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 02-24-2004, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing,351 SVO stroker from Bennett Racing
Not Ranked     
It's like the birth of your first child you never forget it. The grin never goes away.... Then you start to make up reasons to run errands just to drive the car. :3DSMILE The guys here talk about how great they take care of you at Superformance and how good of a job Eric does in building his motors. Just ask Juan another happy superformance customer.

Then when you can't drive the car serious withdrawl pain (ice,snow) no stinkin rain

Happy Trails.

If you are interested in a road trip we are having a spring cruise pretty soon. Check on the Kentucky Cobra site or contact Juan about dates and times. Since you aren't that far away come join us we always have a good time
Old 02-24-2004, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     

Ricky,

Congratulations on your new Cobra. I hear those SPFs handle really well.

When you get the chance, go run a SCCA Solo2 (autocross) event. It's important to know what the tire's adhesion limits are and it's much better to find out in a safe envoirnment.

Have fun!
Paul
Old 02-24-2004, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: sold a SPF
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the kind words etc. It is a barrel of fun thus far.

This weekend the weather is going to shoot up to the high 40's mid 50's. A heat wave no doubt. Can't wait.

I know all this will wear off and I will be back at it fighting my wife for the SUV. ... I do wonder though how long does one really stay charged up about their cobra. I hope my adrenaline high stays with me for many safe and enjoyable years.

Got to run and sneak one last look before night night..

R::