14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2004, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     
Default Autoweek - Shelby Continuation News 02-2004

As reported in the FLASH pages of Autoweek:

"SHELBY's OTHER CARS:

When last we reported on Carroll Shelby's deal with former nemesis Alan Lubinsky, head of the AC Cars of England, Shelby and Lubinsky were burying the hachet and promising to bring out a new car built by AC and fitted with a Shelby powertrain (AW, Oct, 20, 2003).

Now we can report that the new Shelby AC model - the first in more than four decades - will arrive at Shelby dealers this summer (2004), the partners say. This month, AC is delivering the first aluminum Shelby AC Cobra body shell, handcrafted in its plant in the United Kingdom, to Shelby in Las Vegas for final assembly. The Cobra initially wil be offered in two models: the Shelby AC 427 S/C Cobra, called the CSX1000, and the Shelby AC 289 FIA Cobra, which will be branded as the CSX7500 Series."

The above article appeared without photos of the replicas, in the February 23, 2004 edition of AutoWeek.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 02-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb If I was...

..a wise a$$, which of course I'm not, I would say "Don't hold your breath..."

But because I'm not, I won't.

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 02-24-2004, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302 EFI, #3358
Not Ranked     

If Shelby keeps sending out Press Releases about new products, revised release dates, "unforeseen" production delays, etc., it must be because he believes some people out there will believe something is actually happening.

Based on the past several years of such "promises", don't hold your breath!

I believe it was President Lincoln who said "you can fool some of the people all of the time".
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427" 351W
Not Ranked     

I refuse to say anything, maybe if I hold my breath! Damn! Bloods coming out of my ears!
Old 02-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Could this be classified as a "continuation" press release after all the others?
Old 02-25-2004, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

Just to report that the car does exist at AC and has been photographed with the staff. Press release will escape soon. Due to a demand that I cannot refuse to complete the decoration of my new kitchen (yes dear) I have yet to witness said auto, but hope to establish it truly exists next week. My source of info assures me that it is very very nearly ready for shipping.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Trevor,,,, take the small camera, get some spy shots, we won't tell.

Ernie