14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2004, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Talk by Lynn Park 2/26 at Petersen Automotive Museum

Hi folks, Lynn Park is giving a speech at the Petersen Automotive Musem this Wednesday evening 2/26 at 7:30 pm.

Please join us for this upcoming Museum Program -

GALLERY TALK - LYNN PARK: THE HISTORY OF THE COBRA

Thursday, February 26, 2004
7:30-9 p.m. in Grand Salon Gallery

In conjunction with the Carroll Shelby exhibition, Lynn Park,
well-known collector and historian, will present in-depth analysis
of the history of the Cobra. Lynn, also known as "Mr. Cobra", in the past has organized our fabulous "Cobra Day" celebrations at the Museum.

All exhibition programs are FREE for Museum members.
Non-members: $10 Adults/$5 Seniors & Students/$3 Children
RSVP recommended. For reservations and more information,
please call the Education Department at 323-964-6347.

Be there if you're in the Los Angeles neighborhood. Who knows if CS may show up. too.

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 02-24-2004, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

I forgot to add that the Petersen Automotive Museum is located at:

6060 Wilshire Boulevard (at Fairfax) in Los Angeles

Shin

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 02-26-2004, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Its not too late to attend this event and see some genuine Cobras up close and personal.

See you there tonight. Will post pix later.

Shin

Old 02-26-2004, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Speedeamon Shin Can you get a video of the talk??? I would like a copy. PLEASE Rich Lake We on the east coast don't get the Great one
Old 02-26-2004, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick,

I hear you, I'm going to give it a shot. I heard CS is coming tonight.

Shin

Old 02-26-2004, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

You mean thursday? Tonight?
Old 02-26-2004, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's right. Be there or be square. youll get in for $10

Shin

Old 02-26-2004, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Boy, I wish I could be there to meet Lynn Park. I have run into his name at least a dozen times while putting togeather my bibliography on Cobras. This gent seems to have owned at one time or another about 10 or more Cobras and one heck of a beeee-u-tee-full Daytona replica coupe that he must have sunk $200K+ into.

Apparently, when he was a young lad, he hung out at the Venice Shelby shop and was their mascot of sorts. It got to the point that everyone there, (so the story goes) thought he worked there.

Well, when he got up enough money he finally bought his first real Cobra and has not stopped since. He had a near pristine 427 S/C red roadster with only about 9K miles on it with a 428 and front splitter.

Gosh you guys are lucky to meet up with him.

I hope you can tell that it aches me to miss this event amigos...

Sigh....

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 02-27-2004, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to PDHse
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hi, those that are going , can you post some pictures please. I,ll think of you thousands of miles away. Cheers.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C, Red w/White Sripes, 427 SO, 4 speed Top Loader
Not Ranked     

The only time in a long time that it would be nice to be in the LA area. That sounds like a great event.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This was a superb event. Lynn Park started out with the history of the Cobra from AC Cars and Shelby and clarified a lot of stuff often discussed in CC. He passed photos of the hybrid Cobra. Not gas and electric but between an AC Ace and the AC Cobra. CS was supposed to be there but had to cancel due to a sudden trip to Las Vegas.

Then he fielded a question and answer/discussion session from a group of about 50 enthusiasts including some top guns from SAAC, Tom McIntyre and Wally Wyss who wrote Cobra book and is now writing a GT40 book. Interesting history of specific cars and their serial numbers as well as Daytona coupes, prototypes, one-offs and missing cars and replicas are all discussed. Also the importance of the Cobra Register and it's significance was discussed as well.

I have video taped the whole event except for a short period when I had to insert a new tape and when at the end my battery was on its last legs. The Petersen Automotive Museum will offer this to those who are interested for the cost of the tape, duplicating and shipping as soon as I can get it transfered. Call Yin Yoon at (323) 964-6356 to reserve your copy or contact her at yyoon@petersen.org. This event was both enlightening and informative to both experts and biginners of those afflicted with the venom.

Shin
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2004, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Art:

I've gotten to know Lynn a bit over the years at the SAAC conventions. At SAAC Indy, he parked his Daytona with our ERAs under our tent. If I can find the pictures of his car I'll try to post them. Lynn has a great collection ( You do have you the poster of his garage... the one in which the view of the cars is somewhat blocked by a couple of long legged females wearing virtually nothing?)

A great guy.

J
Old 02-27-2004, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 7035, Ford 302 with Weber 48IDA's
Not Ranked     

Folks,
I was present last night at the Petersen to hear Lynn's talk about Cobras. I've known Lynn for about fifteen years now and even though I didn't own a Cobra when I first got to meet him, he was always eager to talk about Cobras and is a first class gentleman. A fabulous evening which got my blood going now that CSX 7035 is just about ready to hit the road.
Tony Sousa
CSX 7035
SFM5S515
Old 02-27-2004, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

Sorry I couldn't make it. It was past 7:00 before I could get out of the house. By then it was too late
Old 02-27-2004, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Speedeamon Shin thanks for the info. I am calling for a copy of the video. It sucks being on the east coast when all the great cobra stuff is on the west coast. Tahnks for your time. Rick Lake
Old 02-27-2004, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To order a copy of the tape, the direct line to Yin Yoon at The Petersen Automotive Museum is:

(323) 964-6347 or

yyoon@petersen.org