21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2004, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: only a virtual cobra!
Not Ranked     
Default What's your fav movie with a Cobra!

Has anyone seen The Killers, (1964) with Ronald Reagan? It has a great scene with Cobras on the track. Does anyone know of any other great scenes from movies with Cobras in? What are your favorites guys???
Old 02-25-2004, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

Spin Out

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 02-25-2004, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

GUM BALL
Old 02-25-2004, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Not Ranked     

Hollywood Knights had a silver one with 'chinese bandits' beating up on Tony Danza in the PHR magazines Project-X '57 chev.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default Movies

I have a documentary interview of Ken Miles at Riverside. He takes a passenger with an in car camera, sound and all for some quick laps in a 289 Comp Car.

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"
Old 02-25-2004, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33868 Sold. Just "playin' the boards now."
Not Ranked     

Gumball Rally. Best scene is in the concrete bottom of the LA River with the Cobra head to head with the Ferarri....at speed. The Ferarri was badly out classed, but they made it look like a contest.

I have it on video tape and am looking for DVD.

Al
Old 02-25-2004, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

I am with Speed Demon, Spin Out is a classic movie staring Elvis who races a Cobra.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter FIA style body with Ford suspension, 351W/396 by Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

Another vote for Hollywood Knights. Great scenes of Cobra street racing as mentioned as well as Michelle Pheiffer, aged about 19 I'd guess, in one of her first movies. I don't know how it gets any better than that. On top of that it's one of the funniest movies of all time and a great all-around car flick. It's so good that women who watch it can't understand why men think it's worth watching. That's probably due to some of the best fart humor ever filmed. Don't miss it!

Bumpster
Old 02-25-2004, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default Ken Miles

If any of you want to hear Ken Miles(possibly the only speaking video of Ken) and watch him drive a 289 Comp Car from the cockpit sound and all, you can buy the film at www.carfilms.com
It is "Wondeful World of Wheels"

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"
Old 02-25-2004, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Hollywood Knights!!! Filmed on Van Nuys Boulevard, at a specially-constructed set of a drive-up restaurant. We would cruise "Vannuys" every Wednesday night, and we saw them build the "Tubby's Drive-In" and we thought how neat it was to get a new hangout on our cruise strip. I remember one of the main characters was named ...................."NEWBOMB TURK".....!!!!! When the movie opened in theaters, in the lobby was a display for the movie, and some flyers which said, basically, "That the recipient of this flyer is now in possession of membership in the "Hollywood Knights" Car Club ". I still have about 20 of those flyers!!!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

How about REDLINE 8000 and VIVA LAS VEGAS, both a cameo of a Daytona Coupe. Had to be a real one back then.

Shin

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 02-26-2004, 02:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to PDHse
Not Ranked     
Cool

I like "The Killers" John Cassavettes was a great actor and Ronald Reagan an excellent baddie. I might have said this before but in the early scenes at Riverside you can see Pete Brock as a mechanic. Also Brocks Ford Falcon van?
Old 02-26-2004, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 396 CI
Not Ranked     

just watched Gumball while on the treadmill, had not watched it for a year or so. What i enjoyed the most were the scenes of the two Snake Drivers just driving, windblown hair, sunglasses, squint, resolute, determined grin, sunburnt, just man and machine.

I greatly enjoy long trips in my car, and watching these two actors looking out thru their windscreen just brought back so many great memories of my own road trips in my beloved SPF.

I am off this coming weekend, Wife is away back in Kansas with the grandkids, leaving me to plan some sort of road trip. The weather looks to be fabulous, warm and sunny (although snowing out now!!) and i am contemplating whether to head south, or perhaps something more adventuresome, say to DC and Back on Sat.

I would rather be out on the road in my SPF than doing just about anything else, best of all, when Chris (son) and i can do it together.

But Gumball shows the satisfaction best to me.
IV Corps 71-72, Gulf War
Old 02-26-2004, 06:07 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Okay, Holleywood nights ( spelling )

AND Romancing the stone. Had a cute Cobra at the beginning of the movie.

There was a movie where a guy is making a run for it in a cobra, can't remember the name.

Oh well, age is setting in.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Hal,

You could always head to Charleston for some seafood and I could get my first ride in a Cobra .

landerson (Lane Anderson - Cobra wannabee)
Old 02-26-2004, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnspeed,408W,Tremec 600 roadrace, Liquid Yellow w/Black stripes
Not Ranked     

Bad boys, I think its an FFR, that gets destroyed after the chase with the 911 turbo.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Riddle me this...remember this was in the 60's. In Viva Las Vegas one of the opening scenes in the middle of the movie shows a close up of a Cobra nose. You can see the old style Cobra emblem but there is a piece of electrical tape over the name Cobra......wonder why...did Shelby want royalites even back then or what? Never could figure that one out.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 7035, Ford 302 with Weber 48IDA's
Not Ranked     

Cmon, hands down it's Gumball Rally. Remember the garage prep scene in New York where the 427 gets revved up? The final race down the streets AFTER the riverbed scene to the Queen Mary? Michael Sarrazin and Nicholas Pryor in the blue 427 (actually 2 different 427's, see the article in a past issue of The Marque, the early title of the SAAC magazine) vs. Raul Julia and Tim McIntire in the red Ferrari. A modern classic which I have on VHS and am hoping will be released on DVD.
Tony Sousa
Old 02-26-2004, 09:50 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

The Gumball Rally gets my vote, as it is the only movie filmed at actual speeds(yes, actual speeds), and mostly on location (roughly 80% of the film was shot on actual location, and not a a hollywood film set) across the USA.

Bill S.
DonB likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 02-26-2004, 09:55 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Hhhhhmmmmm, this would be a neat trick considering FFR's first kit did not come out until 1995, and the movie was shot in early 1994.....I believe this car to be a west coast cobra, or an early EM....

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally posted by TerribleTed13

Bad boys, I think its an FFR, that gets destroyed after the chase with the 911 turbo.