Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2004, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Why is no one ???

Why is no one talking about the new concept cobra? I think its bad ass especialy those rims and v 10 pumping out 605 hp 501 torque. 0-60 3.2 seconds. The only thing that kinda bothers me is the front of it. It looks kinda like the series 1 shelby and not so aggresive looking. Does anybody got any footage of it at the detroit auto show or the engine reving up ? I have one heres the link. http://srtforums.com/forums/showthre...t=shelby+cobra
Old 03-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter FIA style body with Ford suspension, 351W/396 by Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

It was talked about for a few weeks after it was introduced at Detroit and the "Rides" television show had it on. I believe the reception here was mixed at best. Some liked it for various reasons and some didn't. If Ford ever produces it like they are doing with the GT, I'm sure it will be a hot topic once again. For right now it remains a one-off show car that drew mixed reviews.

Bumpster

Last edited by Bumpster; 03-07-2004 at 09:11 PM..
Old 03-07-2004, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3639, 5.0 EFI
Not Ranked     

I like the numbers, but the styling leaves me cold.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Really not a lot to talk about until we see if they are actually going to build it and how the production one will differ from the prototypes. Prices, less power for emission requirements, & etc.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-07-2004, 06:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

There were several threads and polls about the car after it debuted and the show "Rides" featured it. The general consensus here seemed to be thumbs down.

Personally, I think it's a shame. It's kinda a cross between an Audi TT, a Miata with some Cobra cues in it. It just looked like the designers were confused and didn't know which direction to go.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Here's almost 10 pages of discussion from shortly after the debut in Detroit:

Reworking the new Cobra
Old 03-08-2004, 03:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,

According to a recent article in Motor Trend, the designers were interviewed and stated that the car was built to "Production specs" and basically nothing would have to be changed to produce it in low quantities, not even the emmisions. It uses a lot of off the shelf parts, many from the GT including the rear trans-axle and 4 cats on the exhaust and modified GT seats and on and on. It would be pretty interesting to see it built, although at an estimated sticker of $95k it's still out of my price range. I am fairly certain that if it were to be produced by Ford that they would probably use a more "off-the-shelf" engine as the V10 is a one-off piece completely hand built for its application in the prototype Cobra.

I also am mixed on the appearance as to me the front facia is a little too much late model T-Birdish. Other than that, I like it.

John
Old 03-08-2004, 05:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
John,

Thanks for the update. My understanding was that the prototype didn't have all of the emission stuff that they would have to put on a production model. Also that a production model would have less power than the prototype. And the $95K range is out of my price range also. The four cats alone can't help the performance much.

I am also still trying to decide if I really like the looks or not. I think this would be one of those cars that you either really like or really don't like.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery