9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2004, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1696, 427 Shelby aluminum 462 stroker from Southern Automotive. 1967 GTO and a '98 'Vette. Life is good.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Law Enforcement - Roll Call!

Hi All!

This thread is a spinoff of the radar detector thread that has been active here at CC for several days.

It's time for all CC members and visitors who are/were sworn law enforcement officers to answer roll call.

Federal, state, county, local, military, active, or retired, answer up with pride. It is, after all, our thin "blue" line that stands between American freedom and social anarchy.

Twenty-five years and three days as a proud member of the Michigan State Police. Retired February 25, 2002. Miss the troops, the uniform, and the opportunity to make a difference, but no regrets.

Roll Call!

"There ain't nuthin' fun about havin' money in the bank."

"If I were smarter, I'd probably know a lot more."

Last edited by StephenC; 04-01-2004 at 06:45 PM..
Old 04-01-2004, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Self Built, 427 USRRC, 427FE, Toploader
Not Ranked     
Default wig/wag @ 130

Steve,
Very few will answer, I've tried this before, but still drive a P71 with state plates and rednblues, retired.
Just keep an eye on the neighborhood, fugutive recovery n such now.
grumpy 4115
Old 04-01-2004, 11:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Grump,
Naah, Steve will get us all listed. If you missed the other thread, I've called for all the above to make themselves known to me at this years Fling

3 Years with the MP's
25 years, 6 months CPD

Sure, I'd do it again!
DV...If you come--you WILL come back!
Old 04-02-2004, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1427
Not Ranked     

started in 1987 with Military Police (Just Cause/Desert Storm) - left it - went Federal DoD Police - left it - now a small local city just outside of Atlanta with one very unusual ordinance.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 351W
Not Ranked     

Two years - Little Rock Police Department, Arkansas

Seven years - Manalapan Township Police Department, New Jersey

Had to retire due to hand injury.

Now defense contractor.

Cheers,

Jong
Old 04-02-2004, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Alright svobud......

Quote:
Originally posted by svobud

started in 1987 with Military Police (Just Cause/Desert Storm) - left it - went Federal DoD Police - left it - now a small local city just outside of Atlanta with one very unusual ordinance.

Now we gotta know the ordinance to which you refer.....

David
keeping law enforcement busy........
Old 04-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Started as Security Police in the Air Force;

Then Jacksonville Sheriffs Office, Jax., Fl.;

Then Atlantic Beach Police Dept., Atl. Bch., Fl.;

Then Daytona Beach Police Dept., Dayt. Bch., Fl......

21 years as Full Time with DBPD, Now Reserve Officer, total time DBPD 26+ years, total service 30+ years, and D_MN Proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN to the THIN BLUE LINE!!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

25 years this month with Indiana State Police-about 2/3's of that in investigations
Old 04-02-2004, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C- 351w 5spd
Not Ranked     

28 years East Brunswick PD, New Jersey. Retired March 2000 currently an investigator for the US EPA.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Many years ago I was 1 step from attending the Phoenix Police Academy.

My hats off to all you guys.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 04-02-2004, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX 3970: 1965 427 Cobra S/C, Shelby aluminum 427 CSX 290 (468 cu in) engine
Not Ranked     

I've never been in law enforcement, but as a citizen I would like to thank you all for doing all you have done to protect us, sometimes from ourselves. We hear a lot when a policeman does something wrong, but not often enough for doing an often difficult and dangerous job. I even forgive that old f**t who have me my first ticket many years ago. Keep up the good work. Do I qualify now for one of those special little stickers for my windshield? ; ) Rich
Old 04-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

I was a Military Policeman US Army 1971-1973.

Rick
Old 04-02-2004, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Finished my degree in Criminal Justice, spent a year in a police academy, graduated number one in my class. Been a County Deputy ever since. I'm also a P.O.S.T. certified police academy driving instructor...what fun!! I get to teach pursuit driving at any police academy or agency. I also just completed Hostage Negotiotion training in Las Vegas. The class was taught by a retired NYPD detective...boy did he have some cop warstories!! Hats off to all my brothers and sisters in blue, not too many people have to put on a bullet-proof vest to go to work!
Old 04-02-2004, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Missing my Superformance
Not Ranked     

23 years with the Metro Police Dept. in Nashville.

Worked patrol, then investigations, 5 years as the driving instructor at the Academy, now work in the computer forensic lab recovering stuff from the bad guy's computers.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1696, 427 Shelby aluminum 462 stroker from Southern Automotive. 1967 GTO and a '98 'Vette. Life is good.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Hey Stan.........

Stan:

My whole family is from Nashville. Mom was a Smith, raised in the old German neighborhood over on Joseph Ave, and N. First St. I know that area has changed a lot since then. Dad was born up in Jackson County, a little place called Wartrace Creek. His family moved to Nashville sometime before 1940.

My Mom's father started Smith's Plumbing and Heating and it was run for years by her four brothers. Mom and Dad got married in a little church over on White's Creek Pike after Dad got back from the war and recovered from his wounds. They rented a house from a man named Mack Richmond, his family owned the old Richmond Dairy. Does any of this ring a bell?

Mom and Dad moved to MI in 1948 so Dad could get a job. We've been here ever since. But, I spent many great summers in Tennessee and have a whole bunch of wonderful memories.

Best wishes and stay safe out there.

Old 04-03-2004, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Went to the City of Atlanta to become a Cop. They put all the applicants down in a hole, they lowered in a ladder, 30 of us climbed out, they hired us as Atlanta Firefighters. I hoist a beer to all the Police Officers. Worked many jobs with APD when I was with AFD. Funny, 99% of the cops said we were crazy to be Firefighters, and 99% of Firefighters said you guys were crazy to be cops.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink That's Pretty Common...............

CJ:

Yep, the attitudes of police officers and firefighters you describe are pretty common. Each group thinks the other's crazy.

I have moonlighted as a professional photographer since 1988. I shot a wedding for a guy about four years ago who claimed to have a Superbird stored in a barn. He said it needed some work and that someday he hoped to have enough money to restore it.
He was, however, well aware of what it is worth.

If you are serious and want a shot at seeing if he really has it, and what condition it might be in, leave your personal email here at CC or send me a private message and I'll send you mine. It might be possible to track this guy down.

Let me know,

Old 04-04-2004, 12:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Green/White
Not Ranked     

Six years MP, 344th MP Co. Desert Storm, etc. (1989 - 1995)

7+ years local department. East Longmeadow, MA. (1997 - ?, hopefully along time, god willing)

Nice to hear from all the boys and girls in blue.

Thank god for extra details!, or I never would have been able to drive my cobra before 35!

Stuart
Old 03-12-2009, 02:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five 351C Ford
Not Ranked     

18 and a half years and counting. NCPD,NY
Old 03-12-2009, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Arizona State Police, (DPS). Youngest in the history of the state. Had serious leg injuries and couldn't pass the physical to do anything but desk job. So, I left the department.
I was struck by a run a way car and rammed full throttle into a parked truck. (Bumper to bumper) Was off duty, just helping a broken down motorist. 5 surgeries and 2 years to walk. During that time I had to live in a TIPI as I had no money. Ended up inventing a toy for my daughter which now is sold around the world. I ended up making my living inventing simple things and licensing them or having them manufactured and sold.
In 2001 followed my passion for cars and now own Dragon Motor Cars and Chesnut Motorsports. I make and sell kits for cars of my design and a Snake replica.
But, my proudest achievment (besides my family) was being part of DPS. I was stationed in Tucson and Nogalas. This was the late 70's. Even then the border was pretty wild.
God bless the men and women that protect and serve!
John