Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2004, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4896
Not Ranked     
Default About Back Draft roadster

I would like to hear comments and opinions on BACK DRAFT cobras.

If any of you out there have any information, it will be very well apreciated.

Thank you
REGARDS
Ricardo Singer
www.singerracing.com

Ricardo Singer
www.SanDiegoAutoNews.com
Old 04-05-2004, 10:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Representing one company and asking for public comments on a competitors product may not be seen by some here as appropriate.
There should be several BDR cars at the Knott's show if you would like to see them up close or talk to some owners.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 392
Not Ranked     
Default backdraft cobras

I think they offer the most car for the money . Reg and Frank at custom cars ( bdr dealer) in Fla. have been great to deal with!
Old 04-06-2004, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

I have had the opportunity to have a good look over the Backdraft cars at the Run N Gun including the Cobra that was used in most of the competition events.

The finish on that car and the display car just nearby was of a high standard.

We don't have many options 'down under' of buying completed cars but instead usually head down the build it yourself road.

So again, I was very interested in being able to see and talk with manufactuerers at the Run N Gun. And look at completed vehicles.

I looked at the Backdraft, the Shamrock Cobras, Shell Valley and also the Midstates whilst at the Run N Gun and also had an opportunity to really look over two CSX 4000 series cars.

Money being no option I would probaly go for a CSX series Cobra. I climbed all over the burgundy Cobra on Sunday there and was very impressed with it.

It starts to get very difficult then when you compare the Backdraft, Midstates and other manufactures kits.

It would be a tough decision and then you have another 20 or so other manufacturers to compare with.

I guess the suggestion of checking them all out at the Knotts event is a good one.

I bet this question will start some lively discussion - we have all purchased the best kit or completed car from the best manufacturer.

Try and get the guys to take you for a run in the Backdraft they used at the Run N Gun it was very well set up for competition and finished well overall.

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-06-2004, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 351W Victor Jr intake Heads, 4.030 bore-4.170 stroke-Dish top piston, holley 750 CFM, Street/Strip
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up BDR

for the money, is the best deal.

the light at the end of the tunnel might be a freight train comming you way
Old 04-06-2004, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     

Ricardo,

Are you thinking of selling BDRs here in CA? It would be nice to have a West Coast outlet for the cars.

As a long time admirer of things BMW, I was very curious about the Backdraft Cobra. I got to see a couple up close at the Texas Cobra meet last year. The strut suspension looks unusual under a Cobra body. There were a couple of other things that could be corrected easily, but overall, a great car for the pricetag.

For me,the proof of the car was it's performance at the Run and Gun.

Paul
Old 04-06-2004, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

RallySnake,
According to the BDR site there is a west coast dealer. They are in San Diego at: http://www.cacobra.com/

The now Singer Racing, formerly Image Auto Works is an SPF and Shelby dealer in SoCal and has an excellent reputation from what I understand.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you all for the comments.
We at Singer Racing are putting together a master plan that I will soon make public. I am sure it will meet everyone’s expectations.

We are not a Superformance or Shelby dealer although both companies put out a fantastic product, what we do is to build and install motors and drive trains for most component cars including the above mentioned.

Thanks again for the constant support and all these valuable information

Regards
Ricardo
www.singerracing.com

Ricardo Singer
www.SanDiegoAutoNews.com
Old 04-07-2004, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Ricardo

Email sent tonight re Run n Gun BDR

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-07-2004, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #90, 351w,Tremec 3550, SB100 SOLD
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

As a Backdraft owner who did a lot of research before buying, I would like to give them a big thumbs up! The car is great, priced right, handles/rides very well (love that BMW irs), looks better than some other replicas (my opinion), and is built very well.

The west coast dealer is indeed California Cobra located in El Cajon, just east of San Diego. Armond Caprio is the owner and is selling Backdrafts just about as fast as he can order them built. I stopped by today and his place is full of Backdrafts waiting for owners to pick them up as well as several other brands in for various repairs, tune ups, bodywork, etc. One is even being shipped to Germany!

I am just a happy owner that is very glad I bought a Backdraft. I would buy another car from Armond in a minute! Also, Reg at Backdraft is very responsive to any questions a prospective owner may have. He also has solved some little problems I had rapidly and effectively at no cost to me. And no, I am not an owner or agent, just a customer.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to flanker
Not Ranked     

I am another proud BDR owner. I have had my BDr (car #8) for 2 years now and love it more than the day i got it. If this is your choice for a Cobra, than believe me you will not be wrong.

Forever Bitten
Frank H
Old 04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Once again thank you all for the feedback, it does seem that Backdraft is a nice car.

With this I can say that I have done my research and will move on with a the plan at hand.

I will soon post a press release.

Thank you

Ricardo
www.singerracing.com

Ricardo Singer
www.SanDiegoAutoNews.com