Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2004, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default Nyc Car Show & Mustang Party Report

I was at press day for the car show. Here are some of the highlights.

I got to sit in the new Ford GT (40). Not impressed for a street car. In my opinion there will be many wrecks. The steering wheel appears to be really small. I guess 10 inches or so diameter. The lower back part of the seet appears to have a cross bar covered in leather that is not padded enough and is downright painfull. There is almost 0 visability outh the rear and the slanty little sliver of side view mirrors are virtually useless. I am more comfortable in my CUP car.

I also got to sit in the new Shelby Cobra. All I can say is that the interior falls real short of what one would expect. It's as cheap looking as a Chrysler product and no not the 300. That is a little better but no cigar.

Another crazy thing at the 40th anniversary of the Mustang party and NO!!!!! Mr Mustang Bill Silver.......was not there but guess who was. KID ROCK himself. Why? Because he just bought a FORD GT for an undisclosed number but here is the irony. In 1989 Kid Rock himself was an employee of Manhattan Ford for a measly salary being a car jocky. America is a wonderful place. All you need are big balls and no talent. This was the a$$hole that advertised his Christmas show dressed as Santa crapping down a chiminey reading the newspaper. I think he deserves the grammy for that one. Isn't that what todays music is reall about?
Also, hot little Meadow Soprano was there. Now that is talent..
The GT R Mustang was ther that that was cool but will only appeal to racers. The all roll cage frame won't go over well with the street crowd. Even, no room for a subwoofer. Sorry.

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"

Last edited by CSX 4027; 04-07-2004 at 09:50 PM..
Old 04-07-2004, 11:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Steve,
Thanks for the report from the car show. It was as if we were there with you.

America is indeed a wonderful place. The fact that they let an a$$hole to that show proves your point.

What happend to mrmustang? How coould they start the show without him? Didn't you tell them?

All three of you there, would have been further proof how great this country is.

Any pictures by any chance?

TURK
Old 04-08-2004, 02:50 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Cool

Mrmustang was invited but had family obligations. However, mrmustangs "gang" (aka:GSRMC members and their cars) were there with their Mustangs though............

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 04-08-2004, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default Turk

I didn't take any photo's besides the Mustang party had the fake smoke thing going on which in itself was really annoying and probably made it tuff to take pictures.
Hey after the Kid Rock story I think me and Johnny Mac will start a rock band. I will leave it up to him what to call it....We don't have any real talent which seems to be the first requirement in todays musical superstars.

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"
Old 04-08-2004, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Steve,

The Top Ten ideas for band names are:

#10 Johnny and the Replica(nt)s
#9 Dr. Steve's Medicine Show
#8 JM's Sunshine Band (sorry KC!)
#7 Mustang Johnny and the Ponies
#6 Saddam's House of Pain
#5 Little Steven and the Gentiles
#4 Big D!ck and the Young Juevos
#3 The Young Turds
#2 The Yiddish Choir Boys (sing Yanni's hits)

and the number one name for a band is:

Sweet D1ck Willie and the BBQ Gang (featuring the riblets)

...best I could do on short notice.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Too bad the name suggestions for the band is not open to public.

TURK