14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2004, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     
Default Coupe off the road photo? Ned?

I was searching the web and found This Picture. I asked Trevor Legate about it & he thought it was from a film, but suggested I ask Ned Scudder. Anyone recognise it or what it`s from?

Here`s the site I found it on : ( http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/ ) file name 196x MG 1100 Sport S..> It appears to be Icelandic!

Cool pic! Nik.
HHMMM. that link is no good. here`s the URL: http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/1...Coupe%20Sv.jpg
GAH! it keeps going screwy! bilavefur.com/myndasafn/196x%20MG%201100%20Sport%20Sedan%20Fv+%20Shelby%20 Cobra%20Coupe%20Sv.jpg

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68

Last edited by nikbj68; 04-10-2004 at 05:28 PM..
Old 04-10-2004, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

I think the movie is "Redline 7000". Here's the image:
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Yup! That IS the Coupe pic,,, and MORE

This German web site has some very cool pics, not sorted, hard to figure out. But there are some real "jewels" there. AC and Cobras (289 427) among others.

http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/

Heres a V-16 Auto Union car shot, very nice!

Last edited by Excaliber; 04-10-2004 at 09:20 PM..
Old 04-10-2004, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

The movie "Redline 7000" came out just before I got my license. I talked one of my older sisters into driving us over to see it, explaining it was all about a bunch of really hot guys in Florida who were forbidden to go below the 7000th parallel on the map. Good thing she was gullible and latitude/ longitude wasn't her strong suite. Anyway, she kept complaining that this was the worst/ most boring/ stupidest movie she had ever seen and she was leaving RIGHT NOW. I, of course, kept saying, no, just give it another 5 minutes - it gets really good! I got to see all of it, and she cussed me out all the way home. Jeez, you'd think I conned her or something.

Oh yeah, and the coupe was there all right, but I didn't have a clue that it was CSX 2601 until much later.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

Like I said Nik - its a movie clip. I recall seeing that in a magazine many years ago but the title of this all-time classic escaped me. Now I really must go and get a life......and I just new Ned would know the chassis number!! Let someone else do all the work for you, that's my motto.

I can rest easy now!

Just a thought - why did that coupe end up in the woods on a dead straight piece of road? Was there an inherent handling problem with the coupe we know nothing about? Or was the kind driver avoiding a bunny rabbit? I think we should be told....

Cheers
Trevor
Old 04-11-2004, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the name of the Film, I bet that doesn`t help me find it though!
Ernie, that`s the same site I mentioned, but it`s from Iceland, not Germany! how the hell did you post the pic....every time I tried with the coupe pic it screwed up! I should have down then uploaded it again! Thanks for putting the pic here too,Russ.
Trevor, looking forward to your opinions on the handling of a coupe.........speak soon?!?!?!?!?!

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68

Last edited by nikbj68; 04-11-2004 at 04:20 PM..
Old 04-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Oh, Iceland!
Yeah I know it's the same site, GREAT site eh what! Some of those pics seem to have a shorter URL than others, go figure? I could not "link" to the Coupe either, URL's to long I guess. Heck I tried everything.

,,,got that web site on my favorites, am not done "exploring" that bad boy yet!

Ernie
Old 04-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

nik;
keep an eye on Speedvision..they play it every now and then (thats where I copied it). If you don't see it, don't worry. ITS HORRIBLE! Some neat cars...the Daytona and a dirt track scene with a GT350 and some various Shelby cars thrown in for good measure.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the heads-up, sharpe, but unfortunately, we don`t get that channel here in the UK. If the film`s that bad, I`ll satisfy myself with watching the Gumball Rally over again!
Nik.