24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2004, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

I have just sent an email to George Knapp, an investigative reporter with KLAS-TV, the Las Vegas affiliate for CBS. He seems to do good stories based on what I saw on their website, so hopefully this will get the ball rolling.

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 12-14-2004, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Not Ranked     

Hasn't anyone else given thought to how this particular car will be built? I'm picturing the shoddiest rushjob you could ever imagine with all kinds of mechanical malfunctions, not what dreams are made of.
T-A-A-A-AKE THE KIRKHAM!

Ed Aliano
Old 12-14-2004, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

Dwayne’s Build Sheet for CSX4311

BODY:
Aluminum – All aluminum hand-formed body skin is captured to chassis per original S/C configuration. Fiberglass foot boxes, aluminum front and rear inner panels, oil cooler shrouding and aluminum dash panel with instrument holes are included per original. The doors, decklid, and hood are hung and latched. A fiberglass hood scoop and control arm covers are also included.

CHASSIS:
Main frame rails are 4 inch diameter D.O.M. round tube with o.125 inch wall thickness 1.5 inch tubular steel cowl hoop with 0.125 inch walls for mounting steering column, dashboard, and door hinges.
1.25 inch tubular steel rear inner cowl hoop for door latches and rollbar
0.75 inch tubular steel frame for hinges and latches for hood, doors, and decklid
Chassis is delivered in satin black coating per original
Chassis will be designed to accept Ford FE series engine and 4 speed toploader trans.

FUEL SYSTEM:
42 gallon Fuel Safe fuel cell with filler neck and LeMans filler cap
Twin electric fuel pumps with fuel line and fittings

SUSPENSION, BRAKES, STEERING, WHEELS, AND TIRES:
Shelby aluminum housing for Dana 44 differential with two Spicer splined halfshaft assemblies
Front and rear uprights, drive hubs, blistein coil-over shocks (4)
Brembo brake package that included: three master cylinders, pedal assembly, front and rear calipers, front and rear vented rotors, connecting lines, fittings, and emergency brake with handle and cable
Stainless steel brake lines and fittings, 15 inch Trigo pin drive wheels (7.5inch front/9.5inch rear) with stainless steel spinners, BFG T/A’s 245/60 front, 295/50 rear
Extra set of Competition rims and tires

ENGINE COMPARTMENT:
Kroyer built all aluminum 454 c i Shelby engine (Dry Sump) with roller rockers, steel crank, aviaid oil pan, MSD electronics, Carrillo rods, J&E forged pistons, high volume oil pump, dynode, balanced and blue printed approx. 600H.P.
427 headers and Side Pipes in black Heat coated
Throttle pedal and linkage assembly
Fluidyne aluminum radiator with twin electric pusher cooling fans
Radiator water tubes (upper and lower)
Wiring harness, fuse box, and starter solenoid
Electrical relays and accessories (headlites and rings, rectangular taillites (as original), wiper motor, gear boxes, worm gear)
Twin horns
Oil Cooler kit
Engine dress up kit
Drive shaft
Differential Cooler kit
“Puke Tank” – Turkey Pan
Big Spline David Kee 4 spd toploader transmission with Hurst/Vintage T-handle
Halon Fire Suppresions system

EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR TRIM:
Shelby “Signature” Auto Meter Instruments (tach, reverse sweep speedo, oil pressure, oil temperature
Lucas amp gauge, fuel pressure, fuel level gauge, water temp gauge
Windshield with wind wings and sunvisors
Cobra badges and side emblems
Full leather interior
Door threshold moldings
Seat tracks
Aluminum tunnel, aluminum floor, trunk panel, and front and rear fender panels
Door latches as original (installed)
Shelby CXS 4000 serialized dash plaque
15 inch Moto Lita wood ringed steering wheel as original
Turn signal indicator and lites
Rear fender stone guards
Drivers and passenger 4 point shoulder harnesses
2/6 volt Optima batteries
Chrome roll bar
Twin Raydot style mirrors with extenders and brass brackets
Shelby car cover
Base coat/clear coat polyurethane paint in Harley-Davidson 100th Anniversary Silver with Wimbleton Black stripes.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for posting the breakdown. What happened to all of the parts currently NOT assembled?

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Maybe they are there, just not with the car, but ready to be installed?

...wishful thinking.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush IR 427, T56
Not Ranked     

"...wishful thinking."

No $hit.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

SOME GOOD NEWS!!!! & SOME VERY BAD NEWS

The Good News is that ROY HUNT of FINISH LINE MOTORSPORTS, INC. has went over the whole car and determined that he with the help of Dan (Finish Line Master Builder) are committed to finishing the Dwayne’s Cobra as ordered, fully tested and outfitted on or before January 15, 2005. I am very pleased to see Roy “Step Up to the Plate” and see this through!!

There are many items yet to be completed and they will be working very hard to see that they get completed. Roy is noted as building the finest Cobra around and is committed to providing that same level of expertise in finishing Dwayne’s Cobra!!

I think that special thanks should also go to BRENT FENIMORE of SHELBY AUTOMOBILES, INC. for getting involved and working from his end to produce a commitment to get this car done for my very good friend.

I spoke to Dwayne moments ago and this news about his car made him very happy in a day that was not filled with the best of news. Today at the Mayo Clinic, Dwayne was told that the cancer in his liver is inoperable; they will try to treat it with massive doses of radiation and chemotherapy, in order to buy him some time. I think the thought of being able to drive his car (faster than my Viper) will sure him up in the days ahead of him and help to provide him with something to look forward to. As things get closer or news comes available I will let you all know. I have been very impressed with the outpouring from the Cobra Nation. You guys might only be running on 8 cylinders, but you have V10 size hearts!!

Thanks, again Danny (a.k.a.- HOGDEALER)
Old 12-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

I just hope ROY HUNT's word is good!
Mike
Old 12-14-2004, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just finished reading all 19 pages of this thread.

A long time friend of mine just passed of inoperable kidney cancer and while he was given a similar time frame for life expectancy his last 30 days on this earth were spent in excruciating pain and incapable of doing anything but wishing for an end.

Please don't let up on the pressure and allow this to go on one day past the 15th.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

For those that are interested... A 'few' (???) of the Viper people are going to the positioined at the SAI both at the BJ auction coming up. If you are able, willing and want to meet some very nice people, "You", are invited to join them!

I will be off the boards for an unknown amount of time. I have a grave matter of urgency that I have to take care of back in Ohio.

If I don't make it back before Christmas, Happy Holidays to all and prayers to Dwayne. May all of this work out to the best.

Ed 'DV' Combs
Hog...some of us, Cobra people that is, do drive V-10's : )
Old 12-14-2004, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Double Venom

Thanks for everything. God be with you my friend!!

P.S. I would love to see you Cobra with the Viper Heart!!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Ibr8k4vetts

I just hope ROY HUNT's word is good!
Mike
He's had ten times or so to get it right, so the odds are good.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hmm. Jan. 15. Seems like a week would be a better time frame for Dwayne, not a month!! The "no faith" expression would fit here. (for finishline, not Dwayne!) Keep the faith, Dwayne.
our prayers are with you.
Kristen
Old 12-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Why the hell would anyone want to meet Viper people at an SAI booth? Did we get married or something?

Maybe if they bought some fast, good looking cars we might like them a little.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JAMO -

OUCH!!
Old 12-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Hogtrader

That's one of the best BS kiss and makeup scripts I've ever seen after several days of reading your bashing of them all over the internet. I should know, I write them all the time.

Glad we could be used.

Now, we all have some buddies in our own family waiting for about the same amount of time as Dwayne for their cars to even be started.

Maybe the good ol folks at Shelby will do their best to make some committments and get their cars started and delivered. What a concept.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR4502, 302 Stack Injection
Not Ranked     

I am not a big poster, but I have been following this story with interest. I have to vent, however, after reading the latest "promise" by Roy Hunt and Finishline. Another month to finish a car that should have been done years ago? And Dwayne doesnt know how much longer he has to live? If the guys at Finishline were serious, they would pull out all the stops and finish the car in a week, not a month. I just finished watching Overhaulin, they did a complete resto on a Boss Mustang in 7 days. Maybe somebody needs to call Chip Foose and get him working on this car. This story would make for a great episode of the show, one that deserves a happy ending.

TomV
Old 12-14-2004, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jamo -

You mean there are guys that have been waiting over 2 years with deposits and the cars have not even been started?

What is the hold up? Engines or Bodies (Fiberglass or Aluminum)
Old 12-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Hogtrader

Not quite that long. Course, I'm sure you only read this thread when you came here. Understandable.

Dwayne's predictiment sorta shoved him to the front of the line in terms of folk's interest here, and many sat patiently while this thread stole their thunder for pushing Shelby to start their cars.

Those 80+ plus folks that put their deposits down deserve a bit of your thanks for patiently letting you take the spotlight for a few days...but they are good folks and saw Dwayne's needs. I didn't hear one of them complain about the spotlight being on Dwayne...that's the kind of folks Cobra people are.

They are for high quality glass cars that maybe will be built in Mexico after a failed venture in South Africa. Not sure about any aluminum cars being built by Shelby at this time...Poland likes cash on the barrel head these days, and England has had enough of Texans for awhile, or so it would seem.

BTW...we have real sidepipes.

Hope it all works out for Dwayne, Danny.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Not Ranked     

Hogdealer, what type of liver cancer is your friend fighting? The reason I'm asking is I'm also fighting inoperable liver cancer and in my travels have found some really intelligent (and some inept) doctors. The team I have now have reccomended certain chemo regiments that work very well for me. I'm a guniea pig and I'll try any experimental drug coctail, FDA approved or not. I got nothing to lose. Heck, I once let a chinese "doctor" jam coffee grinds up my ash because he said it would help. "May I have a coffee enuma with accupuncture to go please?" I stopped because the caffeine hangover was too much....
I'm supposing a liver transplant is probably not an option. In my case I was told they wouldn't want to 'waste a good donor liver on a lost cause'. But enough about this depressing BS, get your friend in a Cobra, ANY COBRA, as fast as possible! Nothing creates the will to live like the determination to get into your Cobra "just one more time". Who has time to die when there's a Cobra waiting impatiently in the garage to be driven?!!
p.m. e-mail or call me If I can help in any way.
Ed Aliano
(631)774-6667

Last edited by maxrpm; 12-14-2004 at 07:55 PM..
Closed Thread