Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2004, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     

One can only hope that Dwayne's predicament will ultimately prove beneficial to those sharing the same canoe.
It's a shame that it's taking a situation so dire to get this irresponsible nonsense brought to a head, but perhaps having this kind of embarrassing spotlight focused squarely on a chronic bait & switch operation will either facilitate some honest answers or some refunds.
I figure if the squeaky wheel gets the grease, I hope everone involved in this fiasco squeaks like hell from this day forward.
Don't let these guys off the ropes now that Dwayne put 'em there.

Dios está con usted, Dwayne.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Ed

Coarse or fine grind? Free trade?

Damn it...had to ask.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush IR 427, T56
Not Ranked     

I am extremely happy that the Cobra issue seems to be resolved and sorry for Dwayne's prognosis. I hope and pray it all comes together. But..

I have reread Hog's post twice and it seems to me that the apparent rekindled love affair with FinishLine and Shelby are the kind of words that you would say to a police officer at the door while a gunman has an automatic pointed at your wife's head in the kitchen. Can't get past that notion.

Am I the only skeptic that feels that?
Old 12-14-2004, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1158, BDR #180
Not Ranked     

My hopes and prayers are with your friend.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamo

Coarse or fine grind?
ANYTHING feels coarse going in that end!
I often wondered if he was just cleaning out the office coffee pot, I pictured them in the other room laughing..."huwee up an feeneesh making uh coffee so uh-we can shove garbage up dum amellicans bunghole an makeuh him pay onea hunredolla for it!"
Old 12-14-2004, 09:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by newmexico

I am extremely happy that the Cobra issue seems to be resolved and sorry for Dwayne's prognosis. I hope and pray it all comes together. But..

I have reread Hog's post twice and it seems to me that the apparent rekindled love affair with FinishLine and Shelby are the kind of words that you would say to a police officer at the door while a gunman has an automatic pointed at your wife's head in the kitchen. Can't get past that notion.

Am I the only skeptic that feels that?
My thoughts exactly N.M.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Let's see.........the Kirkhams said they could have finished the car for Dwayne in less than a week, AND have it delivered to him. Roy @ Finish Line says it will take him a MONTH to get it done, and I'll bet he will expect MORE MONEY to get the ball rolling. What's best for Dwayne at this point (with time obviously being of essence here)? Was Roy Hunt thinking about what was best for Dwayne in this situation? No, Roy Hunt was thinking about what was best for Roy Hunt.
I wonder what kind of a discount would be "justice" for a 15 MONTH delay. The least Hunt could do is pay Dwaynes attorney fees.
Unbelievable way to run a business.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-14-2004 at 11:20 PM..
Old 12-14-2004, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

Wow sorry to hear all of this. Have you guys waiting for cars thought about buying a Harley to ride until the car is done? They are a bunch of fun, sound good , and look cool. Just like a Cobra, but with half the rubber!!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Hogdealer

Trying to sell a few bikes while you're here?

BTW, I just read the Viper forum take on this. Your invite to meet some Viper guys at the SAI tent at BJ didn't mention WHY the Viper guys planned on being there.

That could be interesting.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I've been riding the heck out of my dirt bike since my motor is undergoing a re-build.

...pass on the Harley, there must be thousands of them here all ready.

Rumble in jungle shapeing up at SAI? eh eh
Old 12-15-2004, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

80 guys with signs telling there situation standing around SAI's booth may be effective.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42
Old 12-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

I get this terrible feeling deep down inside my stomach that Finish Line maybe making another hollow promise in order to buy some more time. I sure hope that I am wrong. Is anyone going to be watching the progress on this build or is Finish Line simply got until January 15 to deliver the car, then oooopps, we need another couple of weeks, because we can't rush due to the fact that we do such great work.

Sorry if I sound so negative but I never trust anyone that has lied to me in the past, until that person has proven me wrong. Right now, this is just another promise waiting to be broken, until that car gets delivered.

My best wishes go out to Dwayne. Lets hope he gets his dream car before it is too late.

I too would like to know what the Viper guys have planned for SAI.

Wayne
Old 12-15-2004, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

What are the Legal ramifications, If any, In Completing the Car "Next Year" instead of this Year?? Tax issue possibly for Finish Line??
Old 12-15-2004, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

If I was dying of inoperable liver cancer I'm sure that finishing a Cobra to drive would be low on my list of things to do prior to the end.
I wouldn't have the time to spend on something as stupid as this. If any time was spent on this at all it would be to make sure the money invested would be available to my wife, my children and my grandchildren.

IS THIS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN HIS LIFE????????????

What a shame....

Where and what are his priorities????

I'd like to think my life was a bit more complex than this...I wouldn't have time to be screwing around with a damn car... I'd have places to go and people to see. I'd be more concerned that the creeps didn't end up with my money instead of my heirs.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:32 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Casaleenie,
I tend to agree with you BUT it is HIS life,money and call.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 695 w/Shelby alloy block 427#CSX506 w/Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Sounds to me like Roy at Finishline is trying to sell some more snake oil.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush IR 427, T56
Not Ranked     

Looks to me like FinishLine and SAI are winning this pi$$ing contest.

I was incensed with the morality (lack thereof) and injustice of this situation when it was first posted. I have followed it with a high adrenaline count and a lot of anxiety. I was waiting for something to happen. It really hasn't.

Dwayne is dying sooner than expected. FinishLine is postponing the completion date each time I see one. There is a lot of flag waving from the sidelines. Kirkahm's generous offer came to nothing thru no fault of theirs. SAI appears to be sitting back. What is different from when this thread started- except for Dwayne?

Several attorneys have offered what seems like good advice but the concerned parties have done nothing to further their cause. On at least two occasions since this thread started, and more times before, they have let SAI and FinishLine have their way with them. This seems like the coyote chewing off it's own leg to get out of the trap- except the ability to open the trap exists.

Hogdealer, I am sympathetic to your cause and commend you for championing your friend but you have got to stop being sweet talked and take affirmative action. Do anything, but do something.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     

This thread has been up long enough & generated enough heat, I would have to assume that unless he's living in a bubble, Mr. Shelby has had ample opportunity to take some initiative on a personal level, if only to make a phone call to wish Dwayne well.
I find it ironic that the guy who signs anything casting a shadow for a donation to his 'foundation' - a guy who knows first hand what it's like to be staring mortality in the face has, so far, been conspicuously in absentia.
I think there are any number of helpful, hopeful gestures that could be offered that wouldn't cost anyone a dime while waiting for the car to be completed (or not.)
Then again, since the Kirkham's efforts were rebuffed, I suppose that scenario is naive to the extreme.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

I sent MR Hunt a long E-mail yesterday, suggest you all do the same. May not do any good, but at least he'll know he's being watched. E-mail is "sales@finishlinecobraslv.com".
I agree,the Jan 15 date is just another stall.
HOGDEALER, get a real lawyer on this NOW!!!
Can you imagine what this will turn into if Dwayne looses his fight before this is resolved???
Forget this car !!!
Get his money back !!!!!
The way this looks is he will get neither!!!
80 other deposits have been made, no cars delivered, and Finishline has no money for parts??? Has not fully paid Shelby for Dwaynes car????
Does the word "BANKRUPTCY" hold any significance for you???
Get the money, get a different car. There's a very nice shelby advertised on CC right now.
Tell Dwayne that it's a crime that he didn't get what he ordered and paid for, but another shelby will still get the job done.
The alternative is no car, no money.
You don't have time to wait and see if Mr Hunt/SAI "change their spots". You can only go on past experience, of which there has been plenty, all BAD!!!
Your'e dealing with people that have no moral compass!
OK, I'm done now.
Ted Radtke
Old 12-15-2004, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

BTW, Roys AOL IM screenname is FinishlineLV if anyone wants to try to get him on AOL/AIM.

And to think, I was going to send in money for the Cobra raffle. If you think about it, they are rasing double what the car is worth (300k). Maybe that's how he plans to pay for Dwights $150k car.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Closed Thread