Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2004, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

What a sad story. I read through several pages with disgust and sadness. I assume the majority of the facts are correct? If one or both of the Companies involved are contemplating bankruptcy the time to act is now. I live in Las Vegas and know a little about bankruptcy proceedings as well as some good local litigators. If Dwayne waits until they file BK, it will be too late. With all the lies and BS cited, I would advise not to trust the individuals responsible. Get the lawyers moving now, cut a deal or force the Companies into a cram down. If I can help with attorney reccomendations, please email me. Time to protect the investment and make the dying wish come to fruition. This is a terrible injustice.

Edit: I am also forwaridng this link to a local newscast editor I know. I bet with the names involved, they will be happy to investigate. I am just sick about this.

Last edited by Curt C.; 12-19-2004 at 08:52 PM..
Old 12-20-2004, 06:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Hogdealer, take Curt's advice!

HogDealer,
It appears Curt C. has given you some rather specific advice based upon personal knowledge of the state laws of Nevada. Looking at past history and the incredible sum of money involved I believe it would be in Dwayne's best interest , not to mention his estate, if you followed it, and did it NOW! This may be the only way to insure this does not become a TOTAL LOSS!
Please cover all his bases, legally, while you can. He has everything to lose!
Good luck, and I am praying for a positive outcome.
John Russell
Old 12-20-2004, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

** NEED SOMEONE IN VEGAS TO GO LOOK AT THE PROGRESS OF THE CAR***

Dwayne asked me to see if there was anyone locally that could go check on the progress of the car and report back to everyone. Some digital photos would be good also.

Speaking of photos how do you post photos on this board?
Old 12-20-2004, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Hogdealer,

Use the "post reply BUTTON' on the bottom of the last post, instead of the "post reply white box."

There you will find the add attachment option.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Danny, I have a friend who works down the road from Shelby and Finishline. He is supposed to head up that way later today. He will try to stop in at Finishline if he has time and check on Dwights car. I will report back with any info if he makes it.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 12-20-2004, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I can check the progress of the car if you like. It will have to be tormorrow (Tuesday) AM though as I will be heading out of town here shortly. Can you get it set up with Finish Line? Will they allow me in? I have a digital camera and can post pics of the car. Email me and I will give you my telephone number
Old 12-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Danny,
I think your idea of documenting progress is very good and will make sure there are no surprises come the 15th. I am sure your attorney is receiving daily or weekly reports on the build status. When your lawyer arranges/clears inspections to be performed by your representative he could furnish his copy of status reports to inspector for verification.
The same inspector should be used throughout the process if possible to reduce oversights and keep the continuity of quality. This should also make company more open to inspections and reducing friction will increase effectiveness on each side.
I am sure Company has QA documents they use during build and before delivery to customer so these may be the most detailed document to use in addition to lawyers daily reports.
There is a wealth of VERY talented people out in CC land that have asked to help that would do a great job on inspections.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dwayne and Hogdealer,

Per your request, I paid a visit to Finsh Line and Kroyer's today. I met breifly with Roy Hunt and his staff. They were very polite and were more than willing to accomodate pictures being taken of the car. I uploaded the pictures (25) at Imagestation. Here is the link.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2133741564

The link should open to an index of the pictures. Album name is Dwayne's CSX 4311. I also took a quick shot of Shelby's Daytona Coupe that resides there. Maybe Brent or Computerworks can create a gallery for Dwayne here at Club Cobra. I will also post one pic on this reply

Per my conversation with Roy Hunt, he still beleives the car will be ready on 1/15/05, but. "it will come down to the wire". Apprarently they are still waiting for a bunch of small pieces to arrive. As I have never seen the car before, I cannot comment on the progress since Dwayne's last visit. The car does appear to be in the final stages of completion though as the suspension is hung and wiring is largely complete. The fuel cell has also been installed and plumbed. The enigne is across the street at Kroyers. I spoke with Kevin Kroyer and he allowed me to photograph the engine. Kevin stated that the engine is complete and has been dyno tested. Finish Line has not picked it up yet because they are not yet ready to install it. Kevin stated that he can also email pics to Dwayne shoud he request.

Dwayne, I want to think you for the opportunity to allow me to see and photograph your Cobra. It truly is a beatiful car and silver with black stripes is my favorite color combination. With hope, these pictures will put a smile on your face and make your holidays a little brighter. I ask for only one thing in return. I would very much like to be there on 1/15/05 when you take possession of the CSX 4311 Beast. I want to see you drive that car.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2004, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Whoever checks on the car, make sure it's in fact DWAYNE'S car. A few months ago when they were at Finish Line checking on the progress, Mr. Hunt pointed at someone elses Cobra and told Dwayne it was his (just to make it seem they were indeed working on his build).

That's about as low as it gets.

If the pictures that Curt posted are correct, then that's a sweet ride! Danny, is that HD Silver? Sweet!

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-20-2004 at 03:59 PM..
Old 12-20-2004, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I checked the CSX serial number and photographed it as well.

Sorry guys. You will have to sign up at Imagestation to view the pictures. Its free and hosted by Sony, but requires a login. Maybe someone who actually knows what they are doing can download them onto this site somehow. I thought about adding them to my gallery, but felt somewhat strange about that. It's Dwayne's car not mine. We need to get a gallery set up for him.

Last edited by Curt C.; 12-20-2004 at 04:12 PM..
Old 12-20-2004, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

That was an awsome thing to do Curt. I'm sure it will get back to Dwayne and put a smile on his face! I wished I lived in the area; I'd join you in watching Dwayne finally take the keys to his Cobra.
.........I'd also try and talk him out of giving Hunt another check!

Let's hope Finish Line comes through this time. It would make a nice New Years present for Dwayne. Hell, it would be a nice gift to all of us seeing this poor guy finally get his wheels.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-20-2004, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

Curt C.

Your the Man!!
Thanks for the update & photos!!
You can definatley be there on the 15th when we pick up the car!!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Curt, nice gesture. It's what makes this group great.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4141
Not Ranked     

Curt C.

Just a heads up regarding the Daytona Coupe. It is not one of the original (6) coupes, and it is not owned by Shelby. Private owner. Finish Line runs it every now and then. It's been at the Monterey Historics for the last couple years, with Derek Bell behind the wheel. I believe this is Lynn Parks original CSX2469 chassis which he converted over to a Daytona Coupe.

Thanks for going out of your way and sharing the info and photos of Dwayne's car.

- Bill -
Old 12-21-2004, 02:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt C.

Maybe Brent or Computerworks can create a gallery for Dwayne here at Club Cobra.
I can put the progress pics into Hogdealer's Gallery.

...just attach to an e-mail to me.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

OK...

Curt C... thanks much for taking the pics.

I have transferred all the pics taken of Dwayne's CSX4311 into
HOGDEALER's Gallery

..whoever does the next inspection... forward the pics to me and I will update HOGDEALER's Gallery.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 2189
Not Ranked     

If memory serves, Bill, I think Lynn Park sold his Daytona Coupe a couple of years ago.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yes, the daytona coupe WAS lynn's, it now belongs to shelby. if you look at the laguna seca historics program it lists the owner and the driver.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Name on the 98 car was John Morton.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Looking at the pictures taken by Curt, I question the statment made by Kroyer that the engine had been run on the dyno, or anywhere for that matter. The carb is off, ok maybe to put on the lift plate, but why take off the plug wires and thermostat housing ?? Any thoughts from anybody more familiar with the normal procedures of dyno testing than myself ??
Am I skeptical ? He(( yes!