24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2004, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

What WDZ said!

when you hear a builder says...

"we'll use other deposits to finish the car". there are very close to going belly up.

That is exactly what caused Burtis's collapse with Contemporary.

Just a matter of time.

Might look into trying to get some funds returned.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4780...after 19 months finally in Vegas. Now, if they can get the paint right :(
Send a message via Yahoo to ff2_emtb
Not Ranked     

Maybe I missed something, and if I did, someone please point it out. Why is Shelby getting the bum rap for this deal? As I recall didn't SAI deliver the car to Finishline?

I guess my thinking is why does this become SAI responsibility to finish the car?

T.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

You did miss something...go back and read some of the posts, especially Turk's which I think best sums it up.

Regardless of whether they were responsible from a contractual standpoint (which I doubt they were), it was their name being dragged around and they were in a great position to do something positive to help someone buying one of their cars through one of their dealers. They could've used some positive stuff right about now.

Snooze...you lose.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

FF2 - well lets see... why SAI getting a butt rap? THEY suggested ROY over handling it directly. THEY (BOB MARSH) were present at SAI when ROY flat out LIED to thier mutual customer. THEY could've done something (really significant) to finish this car - they have choosen not to and like a giant helping hand the Kirkhams swoop down and make SAI look like a bunch of idiots - like they needed help. Shall I go on or is that not enough of a start? I hope your not blinded by your CSX (replica) ownership.

Last edited by Cracker; 12-11-2004 at 03:17 PM..
Old 12-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

T.
Shelby really isn't getting the bad rap now that the facts are known. The villian here is Roy Hunt, which is unfortunate because Roy used to run a tight ship and a top notch shop.

Note: you haven't seen or heard anything from anyone at The Finishline except the cut and pasted responses.

As a sideline I bet that Old Shel has both eyes on Roy since Roy is hosting the Cobra Raffle in Feb 05 with Carroll Shelby drawing the winning ticket. The Nevada Cancer Society and Shelby's name are both represented, neither of which I would want to cross.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-11-2004, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

"As a sideline I bet that Old Shel has both eyes on Roy since Roy is hosting the Cobra Raffle in Feb 05 with Carroll Shelby drawing the winning ticket. The Nevada Cancer Society and Shelby's name are both represented, neither of which I would want to cross."

kind of ironic I'd say...
Old 12-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cracker,
Your response is erroneous. You don't know the entire story regarding Bob Marsh's position and to discredit an honorable gentleman, is a disservice and unjust. I think if you ask the Hogdealer if Bob tried to resolve the situation, you might discover an answer that would make you recant your post.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

In any event...

Let's just hope the ball keeps rolling. I wanna see pics of this guy driving his car.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is the goal and as you stated, the ball is rolling. Has Danny Miller faxed Roy the demand letter yet?
As Dwayne's business partner, Danny might have an existing POA on hand.

Old 12-11-2004, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Its red (or Blue) with a 427 and completely fictional.
Not Ranked     

HOGDEALER:

I am late to see this thread. I hope your friend gets his Cobra soon, Best of luck to you and your friend.

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 12-11-2004, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dan - you missed the point, I hope. IF a SAI reseller admitted/caught out right lying to a customer (indirectly thiers) I'd hope they would terminate whatever arrangement they had with the vendor. I NEVER said anything about Bob Marsh that accused him of anything other than being present - I therefore will not recant but you may. Anywho, this is not about us but is about SAI NOT making wise choices, yet again, and these are the ONES we actually know about! Have a great Christmas!
Old 12-11-2004, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT40 #45
Not Ranked     

SAI totally innocent?

Who recommended to Dwayne that he go to Finishline for the assembly of his CSX car?

I don't see SAI as being uninvolved at all - they are business partners with their dealerships.

Thank you Kirkhams for stepping up to this even though the only dog you have in this fight is a fellow human being. You are honorable people.
RCR40 #45 http://www.GT-Forty.com
Old 12-11-2004, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

SAI advising the use of Finishline at the initial time of purchase is quite understandable. What (If any) disciplinary actions they take Concerning Roy Hunt is what I am interested in knowing. I am sure somwhere in the "Dealer Agreement" is a clause dealing with "Not adhering to proper Business practice". But then again, the way things appear, it may be a Clause that licenses all Dealer's to Steal under the Team Banner and practice finger pointing..........!
Old 12-11-2004, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 695 w/Shelby alloy block 427#CSX506 w/Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

A reloated matter is that I ordered a motor from Carroll Shelby Enterprises last March. Never did get built. Last week I cancelled the order and asked for my $10,000 deposit back. They said they put it in the mail on Tuesday. I still don't have it. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     

This isn't the first time a Shelby project boned the customer. The fact that SAI has been very clever at obfuscating it's responsibilities over the years doesn't exonerate them in my book.
If somebody wants to pay a ridiculous premium for some flakey CSX acronym, the buck should stop at the CS. Carroll frickin' Shelby enterprises.
Conversely, my undying respect to the Kirkham family. A shining beacon in a cesspool of darkness called the replica industry.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: No Cobra. 2 Vipers 2000 GTSR and 2002 GTS Final Edition #087/#360
Not Ranked     

CowTownCobra,

David Kirkham said they would also take it to Rochester MN, the Mayo Clinic if need be!!
Old 12-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Are the Kirkhams picking up the car from the Finishline, if so when?

Old 12-11-2004, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

[

Here is Roys response to my reply:

Danny,

...Thanks for the offer of the money. It's critical to the completion of the car....

Thanks,
Roy

PONZI

Last edited by casaleenie; 12-11-2004 at 07:39 PM..
Old 12-11-2004, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     

All I know is, if a SWAT team accompanied by TV crews can show up at Coddington's & House of Cobras because of suspect titles, for the life of me, I don't know how this place (Finish Line - SAI) can keep it's doors open running a naked pyramid scam.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Is there someone in the area (where FinishLine is located) who could be there when the Kirkhams pick up the car & parts? Perhaps a Lawyer or at least someone familiar with Shelby's cars, parts list, and pricing. Let's not forget that Dwayne has 140K invested in this Cobra with Finish Line, and I'm sure Roy hasn't put 140K worth of parts & labor into the car (and for him to ask for even MORE money in his emails to Hogdealer is just another kick in the pants). I'd like to hear that Dwayne get's everything that he paid for, and a REFUND due to him for the rest. Anything that he doesn't get (parts or service / labor related) should be REFUNDED by Finish Line, PERIOD. From the sounds of things, I wouldn't put it past these guys to keep all 140K..........AND any parts / labor that Dwayne paid for and didn't recieve. I'm sure Roy would be happy to use Dwaynes "paid for parts" on someone else's car. Sounds like he needs them since he uses other peoples money to finish previously ordered cars.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-12-2004 at 08:50 AM..
Closed Thread