Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Autocraft Python
Not Ranked     
Default Unique motors Cobra replicas

I am looking into buying a Unique Cobra 427 replica. Can anyone tell me about the quality of their kit and second hand value?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

not a lot of action concerning Unique on this board...they have their own forum. may want to check that out. That being said, they are a nice kit

Buzz
Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 351W
Not Ranked     

Great kit and the Weavers are great people who will stand behind it. Body is extremely "correct". Check out uniquecobra.com.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

one of the top kits available. If I were choosing today they would be on my short list. I have been to the factory and seen the operation first hand as well as several built examples of cars around here, all were first rate and one in particular was as nice of a replica as I have ever seen. As has been said, the Weavers are as good as they get.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 351W
Not Ranked     

A trip to Unique's factory in Gadsden, AL would be worthwhile.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique #9159 428 FE 614HP by FE Specialties
Not Ranked     

I have a Unique, built in 1993. It has NO body or stress fractures at all and the paint is original with only the rock chips from driving. The paint is excellent with original luster and finish. The Weavers are GREAT people and are always helpful when asked questions. They have supplied updated parts when requested and expedite the shipping. I can't say a bad thing about them or their operation. If you purchase one of their replicas you won't be sorry.

Tom
Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 302/317rwhp Mass flo, AFR heads
Not Ranked     

The body looks pretty accurate, but I wouldnt exactly call fiberglass firewalls and floorboards correct. I wasnt impressed when i looked at them. Their exhaust is terrible as well. The painter named Bruce that they use in Atlanta, Jodeco Auto Body, is a dishonest and horrible human being. i would look elsewhere.

Last edited by cobrastang; 06-19-2007 at 08:16 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA, 425 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Fantastic car, very well built and I must say very safe as Cobras go ( Call the Weavers for details). As for the exhaust I think CobraStang is getting the look of the Unique FIA (much smaller and single tube exhaust) compared to the 4 into 4 exhaust of the 427. If not Cobrastang, please clarify.

Everyone has their own opinions, but most of the high end cars use glass for the firewall and rear bulkhead. To make it stronger Uniques front and rear bulkhead is bonded to the body in a custom jig. The truth is that it is cheaper to stamp aluminium and have the builder rivet the parts together than build a good composite product. Not to mention the thin aluminium that is riveted together is much weaker and thiner than bonded glass. What are the majority of offshore race boats and yachts built out of? You guessed it, fiberglass. But most importantly it is the resin that the builder uses in the product and Unique uses a very good product.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Unique makes an excellent Cobra. The build is as straightforward as can be. Everything fits; strong, beautiful body and no hunting for junk parts. As stated above, almost all the high end 'glass replicas use a fiberglass firewall and rear bulkhead. The 427SC exhaust system is more accurate looking than most and and works and sounds just great. My car was originally built in 1988 and the car is rock solid.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 06-19-2007 at 10:20 PM..
Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmareina
I have a Unique, built in 1993. It has NO body or stress fractures at all and the paint is original with only the rock chips from driving. The paint is excellent with original luster and finish. The Weavers are GREAT people and are always helpful when asked questions. They have supplied updated parts when requested and expedite the shipping. I can't say a bad thing about them or their operation. If you purchase one of their replicas you won't be sorry.

Tom
Mine is 22 years old, same experience, not a problem.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrastang
The body looks pretty accurate, but I wouldnt exactly call fiberglass firewalls and floorboards correct. I wasnt impressed when i looked at them. Their exhaust is terrible as well. The painter named Bruce that they use in Atlanta, Jodeco Auto Body, is a dishonest and horrible human being. i would look elsewhere.
To each their own on the cars but your comments on Bruce are reprehensible at best. Reporting to the moderators.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Quote:
So the FFR body is that much better than a Unique??????? What are you smoking??? Their body is a hell of a lot stronger than an FFR (no offense to FFR owners, but let's be realistic here) the added strength of the tub setup with firewall and footboxes adds to the rigidity of the body, less flex.

I had Unique #9071, built in 1990, I bought it in '97 and with a 7 YO paint job, it was flawless in Acapulco Blue, it used to be the banner car on the main page of CC back in '99. Werks...any pics of it????

Very high quality body.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yeah, I attempted to report this post as well, but the "report a bad post" feature doesn't seem to be working, so I'll do it here.

In addition to being against the "CC terms of use policy," the individual (Bruce Bunn of Jodeco Auto Body) that this 4-poster has defamed has one of the best reputations in the business. Moreover, the rest of his post clearly indicates he has no clue what he is talking about.

Ditto for me on the other Unique accolades. I have a '98 turn-key built by the Weavers, and despite the rock-chips from much use, the car is still stunning. The continuous customer support offered by the Weavers is first-rate.

As for body strength, I had a Ford Focus back into my passenger door and and rear fender in a grocery store parking lot back in 2003. There were/are no cracks from the impact. All I had to do to repair it was wet-sand it to eliminate the blemishes from the Focus fender. Don't try that with too many replica bodies.

Last edited by clayfoushee; 06-20-2007 at 10:03 AM..
Old 06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Closed for further review

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Closed Thread