Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #541
Not Ranked     
Default New Backdraft

Sent in my deposit for my BDR last week. Are there any MUST HAVE options with the Roush 427SR and Tremec T56 combo? The car will see no track time. Also, is everyone happy with the standard 3.46:1 ratio the car comes with? Any expert input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold Backdraft #488 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Congrats on the new Backdraft. I have 730 miles on my new Backdraft with a Roush 402. I don't have any expert advise for you but after asking allot of questions I went with the TKO 600 with the .82 5th gear and 3.46 rear end. I couldn't be happier with the set up.
What option's are you getting?
Where are you from?
Peter
Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR Hell Red/Black Stripe 342R
Not Ranked     

Congrats on the purchase of the BDR. I have #461 Titanium/Indigo with a 402R and a TKO 600. I think a priority would be he jet coat on the pipes and the 3M treatment on the nose. Everyone I talked to that did not get those options, wished they had. I'm sure you went with the 17" wheels. Reg does a very nice torneau cover that I find is useful to keeping the interior clean and dry. The Ray Dot mirror on the driver side is a must, but I would pass on the passenger side as all you'll see is the post and rear fender hump.

What is the build number of your car? Also what color? Where are you located?

Good luck, and welcome to the cobra community!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Forgot to remind you to subscribe to BackDraftBoys.com, the dedicated Backdraft site. If you need info, speak to Craig in the Boynton Beach, Florida location.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #212, 392 stroker
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on your new purchase. The Rousch 427 will make that an awesome rocket.

When I grow up I want one in in #212.

Don't forget to register at www.backdraftboys.com
Old 06-19-2007, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #541
Not Ranked     
Default BDR Roush 427

Thanks for the input. I live in Jupiter, FL. The car is #541, black with silver stripes. Bought the 3M, ceramic coated pipes/headers, etc. Fully polished 17in rims. Any experience with tire changes? Whom do you trust to change the tires? Has support with any issues been good with BDR?

Tom
Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 165 392 Ford Crate 430HP
Not Ranked     

Tom there are a couple of BDR's here in Jup Farms my #165 and Bailey's #278 I have always had good luck with Reg & Frank and fortunately have never had any serious problems with my car, anyway welcome to the BDR family.

Tom
Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You can not find better people than Reg, Frank, Craig, Bill, Mike and Ron at BDR in Boyton Beach. They know the car and will always treat you well. It's great to have another local BDR. After the rainy season, perhaps we'll meet at the Abacoa event on Saturday evenings. Keep in touch. You are going to love that Roush engine.