Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2007, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion, 429 SCJ,
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Stallion owners

Anyone out there who owns (or has owned) a version of the Stallion? They came under many names such as Kellison Stallion, Red Stallion, Limited Edition Stallion, Texas Stallion, just to name a few. Today there is a very similar version sold under the name West Coast Dreams.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast 460, Performer Cam & Intake, Edelbrock 750cfm Carb
Not Ranked     

It is my understanding that the "West Coast" Cobra uses the "Stallion" jigs and molds with some updating. (Jump in if I'm wrong.) The interiors and bodys shape are very close. The stallion was built around a 429, the West Coast starts with a 460 (same block). So aren't the WC's "Stallions" sold under a different name or maybe they're replicas.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion, 429 SCJ,
Not Ranked     

Good point, I never thought of it that way. That means the pre-West Coast versions are "originals", which means they should command a premium out at Barrett-Jackson.

It's believed that the original molds and jigs used by Kellison and up to the West Coast era ended up at a company in Nuremberg, Germany around the mid-80's time frame and the trail runs cold after that.

The West Coast frame and interior have been upgraded. The front suspension is a coil-over with improved geometry versus the original Mustang-II based front suspension.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast 460, Performer Cam & Intake, Edelbrock 750cfm Carb
Not Ranked     

My comment about the jigs and molds ending up at WC is based purely on a UNCONFIRMED story I heard. However, if you look at the bodies, they are identical as far as my untrained eye can tell. The interiors are very close, although there are some mild differences. It does seem logical that Vern wound up with manufacturing harware, again though, I don't know foe sure.

Damn, I have a replica of a replica.