LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Weekend to remember

WEEKEND TO REMEMBER

So June the 29 is my 22nd Anniversary and the forecast is a 50% chance of rain. So the morning is beautiful and the radar is real patchy. I grabbed the wife for a ride 70 miles north to see friends and just hang out (in the cobra with out a top). The ride was fantastic cool but sunny and the conversation was loud. We get to Paducah Ky and visit with friends, 20 minutes later a small shower comes up. Should have put the tonneau cover on. The rain stops and the sun comes out, cools now the car can dry out. 40 minutes later I look out the window and it’s starting to rain again. I go put the tonneau cover on and it rains. Did you know that the forecasters change the way they predict rain. On that day 50% meant that it would rain for 50% of the day. So here we are with all of this rain now sitting on half of Kentucky, did I mention that my wife is a realtor and that her cell phone was ringing off the wall. Now its about 4pm and I look at my wife after one of her phone calls and say, “We got to go home?” and she said yes I have to many deals going on. We wait for about 15 minutes and the rain slows down. Go to the car put on jackets and caps and start thru town. Five minutes later I have about 2” of water in the floorboards and I look like a captain about to go down with his ship. I slow down to make a left turn on to the on ramp for the interstate and at the same time I see a tidal wave head for the passenger foot box outside wall (oh ** and the car dies (You carb guys would not understand). I pull off to the side and ponder my situation. I try to start the beast and it finally starts, but its in limp mode. That’s better than dead on the side of the road. Start off down the interstate running 60 mph (limp mode sounds like an old john deer hit miss tractor) in the rain and make it about 6 miles and it dies. I pull off the edge and get some tools and pull the computer off the foot box wall and shake the water out. I also take a screwdriver and punch some holes in the floor to drain out the water. The car starts up again and we are off again in limp mode. We make it a couple more miles and she shuts down again. This time I was able to stop under a bridge. Because my car is turbocharged I need to run a programmable chip on the bottom of the computer. Out of curiosity I pulled the chip off the computer and hit the starter. She purred like a kitten. Now this is great if I can drive normal and stay out of the boost I should be able to make it home if not I will blow a head gasket. Now we are back on the interstate and almost home and the rain has stopped and their roads are dry. We make it home. So tomorrow is Saturday and I spend all day in the garage cleaning drying vacuuming and polishing. I pulled the chip (Tweecer) out of the car, take it apart and dry it out plug it back in and grab the lap top and write a tune to it and then start the car and do some data logging- it all works, I didn’t fry it. So to continue on I button everything backs together it’s all cleaned and polished and there is a car show in Clarksville Tn Sunday. Might as well go since the car is cleaner than it’s been in two years (I have over 31000 miles on this thing). Sunday morning I head off to Clarksville, registration is 25$ and I have a 20$ bill so off I go looking for a bank. I ride in to old downtown Clarksville and stop at a stoplight. Two ladies and a sweet looking girl are there. They are taking senior pictures for the girl and want to take a quick picture of the girl next to the Cobra. I am in no hurry and there is no traffic so I told them we could do better than that. I turned off the car in the middle of the road and got out and told her to get in. Seemed like it made her day. Her mother said something about making all the boys jealous. With that over with I continued my quest for a branch of my bank. Never did find it, used another bank and paid the auto teller fee. Now I have the money to enter the Hooters-Budweiser car show. This is the first car show that I have ever placed the car in and its 5 years old now. They put the Cobra in the exotic class and after talking to people about the car and a small shower (40 minutes) and a swimsuit contest, the Cobra brought home a first place trophy. Five minutes later my wife shows up and we had supper at Hooters.
Not a bad weekend and I am sure I will remember this 22nd anniversary.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Congrats on 22 years! Sounds like a mental roller coaster ride for
the weekend - great way to end it.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hehehehe. my 22nd is coming up- wonder if i can top yours???

sounds mostly fun and congrats on the trophy! made it all worthwhile, didn't it???
Kristen
Old 07-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Wow, the time do fly. I'm coming up on 33rd. I think I'll just kick back
and enjoy a European cruise I have promised. She has earned it!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique,302
Not Ranked     
Default sounds

like a typical cobra outing to me. And a happy 22nd to you, did good handling the situation.Will-alabama
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

22 years came and went, but I am sure it wasn't like yours.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

30+ and a few stories....
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026