23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     
Default Any recommendations for four-post lift?

I am in the market for a four-post lift for my garage (for my Cobra). I am interested in getting recommendations from guys on specific lifts to consider as well as companies from which you ordered your lift.

Thanks.

Stentor
Old 07-31-2007, 02:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 210 / CSX 4323
Not Ranked     

I bought one from superlifts.com and they came and installed it. they cut the price and threw in some extras when I haggled with them. works great and is a great addition to the garage.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner Contemporary FIA with 351W,Former Owner KMP 296 FIA Hybrid. Former owner CSX4241
Not Ranked     

Backyard Buddy. May be a little more than others but US steel, US made. Works great.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 165 392 Ford Crate 430HP
Not Ranked     

I have a free lift for you all you have to do is buy the house.. Bendpak HD9 works great.. I might even throw in a Cobra
Old 07-31-2007, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Exact 427 Carbon Car
Not Ranked     
Default Car Lift

I bought a Stinger Lifts back in 95 and have nothing but good things to say about it.

http://www.stingerlifts.com/RESIDENTIALMODELS.HTM

Great powder coating, no chips or scratches after years of use. I'd suggest getting the "diaper" option. This will keep the upper car from ever dripping fluid (like Brake!) onto the lower car if using for storage. Also there is a nice welded channel used for placing a jack under the car. It slides in between the ramps and I use it all the time. At the time I bought mine they offered a sheet metal pan that you could slide around to where ever you need it. I use it when changing oil.
The only other "option" I was tempted with was a set of wheels so you can roll it outside. Really handy if you want to take it outside and clean the bottom. This might not be an issue but my English cars like to distribute rust preventative when I drive them. I borrow a set sometimes so don't have to store them.

One thing to look out for with the lower cost ones from overseas, among other things, is the quality of the rollers/pullies. All the pullies on this product have bearings and not bushings. There have been threads in the past on the Corvette forums of the cheaper ones breaking and leaving the car stuck. As with everything else in life you get what you pay for.

It came to the trucking company but I was able to put all the parts into a Suburban and take it home. Assembly was very easy. Also you don't have to bolt the 4 posters to the floor.

Hmm and don't forget to order the bar stool so you can sit comfortably and work under the car
Good luck with your purchase.
Richard
Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#1325, Miller Machine FE
Not Ranked     
Default Search the site

If you put in lifts or 4 post lifts and seach Cobra Club site you will find that this topic has been done many, many times before.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here's another vote for Superlifts. U.S. made, U.S. steel. No problems in over 5 years and I use it daily. Definately get the aluminum ramps. They're mandatory to save your back.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

My Dad and I bought lifts from these guys before they were reorganized and after talking to them recently I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again. Their name says it all.

http://allamericanlifts.com/

Steve
Old 07-31-2007, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

www.gregsmithequipment.com

propark7

$1,645 with casters, drip trays, jack tray, nice lift.

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM
heavy hauler
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley stroked 342
Not Ranked     

I've been thinking about a lift but after reading these replys i'm even more confused, guess you look for the best deal for you
Old 08-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I don't have one but have looked at several different makes that friends have. Most are good and will last a long time. The main thing I looked at was not only the quality of the build, but the locking mechanism as some of them seem kind of flimsy to me and I sure wouldn't want the top car crashing down. One has the casters on his and it works great as he rolls it out into his driveway when he wants to work on his truck which is a little to high for the garage ceiling he has. I do prefer the four posts over the others as they just seem stronger and more stable to me, but that is just my opinion.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

i have had a ROTARY LIFT and a STINGER lift for over 10 yrs...no problems with either . many brands are advertised in Hemmings Motor News each month . Some have lesser quality than others I am told , but since I have not experienced that I would not want to list those brands .

Prices vary widely ........find out who has them locally, ask their owners about installation/delivery - who/ how much .

And , importantly ask about satisfaction regarding any problems encountered and if any, how did the mfr take care of it .

My bet, you will get many 'brand' recommendations here from satisfied customers to allow you to contact those companies re pricing/ installation ( if not by you ) etc and then shop the deals based on feedback of others . Bill
Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Rotary.

That's what I have and most car dealers.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:48 AM
heavy hauler
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley stroked 342
Not Ranked     

found this site

http://www.autolift.org/
Old 08-01-2007, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

At Carlisle last year we checked out the 4 vendors selling lifts and come away with the conclusion that the Backyard buddy was the best (structurally) made lift there but the price reflected that also. If i went with another brand i would opt for the 9000# option for some addtional safety margin.