1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 11-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks
It should show when you go to the Upload Photos page...at least the Total Used space should be accurate
But it does not. I did find how much space I have used up. From the gallery page click on PROFILE, and then on the right hand side click on STATISTICS.

I have over 150 MB with 830 photos. That means I will be deleting about 60% of my existing photos if I want to add any new ones, since I'm now limited to 50 MB.

Also, I guess I'll have to shrink the size of the photos I post (or have posted).

I may just delete all of the photo's and start over. Of course, there will be a ton of red X's on various posts where I've included pictures.

Last edited by wtm442; 11-18-2007 at 03:19 PM..
Old 11-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX
Call me crazy but I can't even delete anything, Help!

Jeff, double click on the photo you want to delete. Under the large size picture, just click on the EDIT icon. Now at the bottom portion of the page there will be a box you can select to delete that photo. It works, because I deleted about 30 pictures this morning.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Is everyone limited to 50MB? I will be deleting most of my pictures as well, probably about 3/4 of them since they are mostly mb each.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX
Is everyone limited to 50MB? I will be deleting most of my pictures...
Perhaps we'll be given the option to "buy our way out of this problem" with a generous donation in the 2008 Fundraiser. I would much rather send in a check than to have to delete/resize my gallery photos.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

after reviewing this whole thing i have to say i am VERY DISAPPOINTED about this whole limit thing.

I think the new features are ok; but the limits stink.

I don't care about sending an ecard, and i got email notification before.

The thought of deleting probably 2/3's of my gallery is disheartening.

In fact, i am so overwhelmed by the task of deleting a zillion to upload ONE that i guess i just won't upload anymore.

This was the best solution???

I apologize for the rant; just doesn't seem like a very good software upgrade to me.

kristen

edit to add: why not delete 15,000 of the 18,000 members that joined the site???? 18,000 registered users; yeah, but i bet there are only 2 or 3k that actually read it, post etc.

clean up some of the space where people 'registered' but never actually post. If you look at the member list and see the thousands of registered members that have zero posts, delete them, etc. i would think there would be some space freed up!
just a thought...

ps. edit again!
"Number of photos 680
Number of comments 112
Number of times photos viewed 90,500
Disk space used 795.6mb"

ugh. this has to be reduced to 50 to be able to upload one picture???

can't the GODDESS get an exemption??? I mean look, my gallery views is remarkable!!!
I've never been to my 'statistics'; a bit overwhelming!!!!

help!!!!!

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 11-25-2007 at 06:59 AM..
Old 11-25-2007, 07:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Kristen,

I can't answer your question and won't attempt to, but there is one thing that I see in my upload page that I believe Brent should change. It says there is no limit to the size of picture that can be uploaded and I have gotten several PMs from people wanting to know why their 1.5MB and up pictures won't upload. If you have Windows XP, the Resizing tool that Ron(CW) posted a link to works great. I don't think it will work with vista but am not sure. I use that all the time as it is much faster than going into my photo program and doing it there.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 11-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Kristen - I hear you. Sorry for your frustration.

Just hang in there for a bit; we are discussing an equitable solution.

The quota system was always there, even before the s/w upgrade. It just wasn't always engaged.

The inactive members don't really consume space.

We do have to address some of the Gallery issues.

To all, give us some slack on this and we will deal with it.

thanks
ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 11-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

ok, thanks for the quik reply and consideration.
I'll wait and see.

k
Old 11-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks
we are discussing an equitable solution...
How 'bout if way base the quota on the quality of your replica and whether or not you have an FE under the hood?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     

I understand (or at least have a tiny bit of insight into) what a problem it can be to host the huge content that is contained in the gallery here.
It has amazed me from the beginning of my membership here that such a resource was available.
I have been uploading things bigger than totally needed myself, but I try to keep my pictures I post relavant and of use to the people here.

I guess I am just posting to say WoW ! I have apreciated the space allowed, but can understand what a monster this may have turned into for the administrators.

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)

Last edited by Yetiman; 11-25-2007 at 09:38 AM..
Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

I agree with Kristen!

Patrickt: Spoken like a true elitist. Each Replica is an interprtation of each owners likes and dream. I would bet if Shelby had tooling available now back in the 60's the FE would have been scrapped for lighter more powerful small-big block. How about limiting the size by frame type? Round tube versus square box? Same statement different twist......... Let's all get along regardless of engine, kit, wheels, etc.

If anything amount donated each year should dictate size limitations? Maybe have a gold, silver, bronze, and free member limitation?

Either way this is still the best sight on the web in my opinion.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree with Jeff, especially since I deleted about 300 pics from my gallery and I'm still way over the new limit!
Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

OK - Granted, I can be somewhat easily confused , but I've yet to see a definitive answer on how to send $ for the website, and how much is appropriate.
"Send what you can afford" is hardly an answer - I remember seeing pics of guys with TWO Kirkhams and a GT40 - he can obviously send a whole lot more than I can, but that's hardly fair to him either. I really like Jeff's idea, different pricing levels from free up to premium - with corresponding service levels. Someone have a heart and give the clueless (me ) a clue as to what to do here. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The collection process is in the process of being set up now and has been discussed on other threads. This will be posted when everything is ready. As for the rest of this, I am not trying to start a fight, but I think most of this discussion should be in the Lounge as this thread was for people with posting problems and questions.

Ron

Old 02-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Ron or Jamo,

I posted a thread asking this in the Lounge but thought I would ask here also since this is about the gallery. when I made the three albums I have I just downloaded my pictures, created an album, and uploaded the pictures into the album. This morning I was looking to see if I had a particular picture in the first album with my old Cobra and it says there are 12 pictures in it but when I open it I only see 11. The other two albums have the amount they show when I open them. Could one of you when you have time take a look at that album and tell me what I did wrong?
Also and this isn't important, but is there a limit on the number of albums or is that determined by the amount of space the pictures take up?

Edit To Add: I just went back and looked and now it is showing 13 photos and no picture on the cover. I did nothing but expand a couple of them to look at. I musthave clicked on something wrong as it is now showing 13 pictures in the album but still only displays 11 and the cover says awaiting approval.

Edit Again: I deleted the whole album and put it back in with just 6 pictures and they show ok. But I had one picture that I didn't want in the Album so I deleted just that picture. The picture was gone but it didn't change the number it showed as being in the Album. I fionally did it all over again and got the number to match the pictures, but shouldn't you be able to delet a picture from an album and have it show the correct number?

Thanks,

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 02-15-2008 at 11:21 AM..
Old 02-27-2008, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Racing/427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

ok I upload a photo ..its says up[loaded succesfully but it aint there ..whats the deal?
driving me nuts
Old 02-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scufty View Post
ok I upload a photo ..its says up[loaded succesfully but it aint there ..whats the deal?
driving me nuts
What is the size of the image you are trying to upload...that is usually a symptom that the file is too big.

Typical file sizes are 80-120k... with 200k as a pretty upper limit.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Racing/427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Thanks a ton computerworks!
you got it!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Haven't heard about this one yet-
I tried attaching a photo to a post and it says I'm over my limit of attachments.
And yes, I shrunk my photo down to the tiny limit.
It says I have 46 attached photos out there in various posts and there all 39k or below and I'm over my limit.
I'd attach a screen shot to show you the Attachment limit that I'm seeing, but I can't, I'm over the limit.
Is this an attribute of the improved Photo Gallery?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmiles442 View Post
Is this an attribute of the improved Photo Gallery?
Is this an attempt at sarcasm?

If it says you are over the limit in attachments, there must now be a limit to the number of attachments.

Attachments are not related to the Gallery software; they are part of the Forum software.

I'll check on it.