LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ...289 slabside, slowly but surely
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott black View Post
Shelby Autos wants to be part of this important effort! Mr. Shelby and everyone on the Shelby Autos team will match every Club Cobra member donation, up to a total of $707, that comes in for this project by Monday, July 28, 2008. That means your donation will be doubled by Shelby (up to the next $707) begining today. Will you take up the challenge?
Since Scott posted the above, things here have been very quiet. I know times are tougher now than they've been in a long time and summer has us thinking of other things; but think about what the service men and women are going through over there.

I'm happy to put in my time and effort knowing we've been repaid many times more than the dollar value of the contributions made. So I'd hate to see Shelby's generous and heartfelt offer fall by the wayside. We have 24 hours to make the most of it. Please do what you can. Thanks again,

Mike
Old 07-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry to say that no CC members have taken up Shelby's generous offer. However, the Troop Calls donation drive has been a great success. Thanks again to Brent for the space. I hope we continue to support CC's endeavors.

For those that are contemplating donations, I'll accept them until Friday night and then make the final purchase. After that, hold the thought for version III (winter holiday season). We've made a modest contribution that will make a big difference. Thanks again to all,

Mike
Old 08-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was just about to close this round; but found out we're only $200 or so shy of another 10 pack of cards. I'll hold this open for today. If there are those that were contemplating donations, now's the time to do it. Paypal donations can be sent to troopcalls@gmail.com . Thanks again,

Mike
Old 08-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We've made the last purchase with the donations raised from this drive. All tolled, we've raised $3084 (net of Paypal fees) and purchased 110 calling cards - 35 in this last purchase. Congrats and thanks again to all.

Mike
Old 08-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's a quick update.....

Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan and the Shelby Automobile crew have donated $720 toward the purchase of another 25 pack of calling cards. Thank you.

It's a gesture that speaks volumes about the man and his company. As we all know, Mr Shelby has accomplished much in this life and I'm told he is particularly proud of his WWII service record and proud of those that are serving now.

Mike