Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 165 392 Ford Crate 430HP
Not Ranked     
Default Mustangs Experts only--please looking for value of car

[IMG][/IMG]What do you think this car is worth in todays market, I have looked at it and it is very nice and straight.. interior like new and paint is very nice..

See below for details on car..

1969 Mustang GT fastback

This is one of the rarest PRODUCTION Mustangs ever made. 1 out of 136 with this paint and Deluxe interior. 1969 was the first year that Ford introduced the Mach 1 and the Boss cars. Ford pushed the production numbers back on the GT’s , so they wouldn’t compete with their 2 new body schemes. The total production numbers change depending on where you get your information from, but its between 4500 and 5500. Because all of the Mach 1 and the Boss cars were fastbacks (sport roof ) ,most of the GT’s Ford made that year where either convertibles or coupes, which made the GT fastbacks production numbers even lower. It was the last year of the GT Mustang, until 1982 with the 5.0 H.O. G.T. (fox body)

This Mustang has been fully restored. Vin # 9T02H1XXXXX .Door tag reads;
Body ;63B

Color ;6

Trim ;5B

DSO ;24

Axle ;6

Trans. ;1

Acapulco blue exterior paint with blue Deluxe interior trim.

351 Windsor engine.

Originally a 2 barrel intake and carb. , but I put a 1969 mustang 4 barrel intake on it with a Holley. I have the 2 barrel intake and carb. ( un-restored ) and will include it with the car.

3 speed manual transmission with 9 inch rear-end,

factory A/C,

power steering,

manual disc brakes,

hood scoop with turn signals lights ,

Deluxe interior, Comfort-weave high back seats ,console, fold-down rear seat , working original clock with map light , under dash courtesy lights and wood grain trim,

chrome style steel wheels with matching spare ,

chrome Quad. exhaust tips ,

factory hood pins .

I was always told that the car came with a Dealer added hood mounted Tach., so I put one on it.

The chin spoiler that is on the car in the pictures is not on it now. It did not original come with one and I wanted to see what it would look like with it, and did not put it on. The lower valance does not have the screw holes drilled in it. If the buyer wants it ,I will include it.

It has about 700 miles on it since it was completed. It was painted 6 years ago and did not get completed, due to family illness, hurricanes etc. ,this summer I finished it up. It is in great condition. It has never been in the rain or stored outside ,always garage kept. It has no rust on it, anywhere. This car was professionally restored. Floors, cowl, frame rails, inner fenders ,trunk and tail light panel and all metal is in perfect condition. Interior is near perfect condition. Some of the chrome around the car has some pitting in it because I wanted to reuse a lot of the original trim. The trunk lid has some light waves in it ,that were not noticed until it was painted. The car has a couple of small dings in it that I couldn’t get to show up in any pictures. It is a beautiful car .I took it to some car shows this summer and there were always people around it asking questions. My wife and I have taken it out with us to dinner and we can’t enjoy the meal for worrying about the people constantly around it. It is a beautiful car, but remember it was painted 6 years ago.If your looking for a flawless , MCA 100 point concourse car ,this is not it , but its not far either.I DO have the Marti report on it ,and I have a Letter from FORD customer relations research unit that verifies it is a REAL GT, Beware of clone cars, ALL MACH 1’s start with the GT option. I do have the original door Vin Plate ,dash Vin plate and the buck tag (build tag) for the engine compartment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.19/1256 - Release Date: 2/2/2008 1:50 PM

Last edited by trs900; 02-03-2008 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: adding pic
Old 02-03-2008, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pic of interior[IMG][/IMG]

Pic of underneath[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-03-2008, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gulf GT40 CAV137, Cobra ERA286
Not Ranked     

A 2bb Carb/intake, a three speed... over a 9"?? I'd have to go through my old #'s books, that makes no sense. The '69 Sport roof (non-MachI) was standard with three speed, but I believe the top loader was standard on the MachI. I'd suggest you contact MCA and ask them them.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Bill, Mr Mustang will be the one to be able to give you the answers, but I have a book on the 1964 through 1970 Mustangs and everything I see you gave in the VIN and door plate number match except the 6 that you give for body color. In my table 6 is shown as Pastel Grey and D is Acapulco Blue. My book shows the interior as SR,Lux,Buc. Which means Sports Roof, Deluxe, with bucket seats.
But as I said, when Bill sees this he will be able to answer your questions. That is a nice looking car.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-03-2008, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info.. he said it came standard with the 3 speed.. I also thought it should have been a 4 speed, has Marti report on car.. I got married in 1969 and at the time cars like this were far to expensive for me in 1969 ... now he is asking $30,000 or make an offer..
Old 02-03-2008, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by trs900; 02-03-2008 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: adding another pic..
Old 02-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I was surprised at it having the 3 speed too, but that is what the breakdown in the Mustang book that I have shows it as. It also shows the rear gear as being 300.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-03-2008, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Racing/427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

he is about right. all you have to rememeber is that a cars value is represented by a motivated seller and a motivated buyer so if i really wanted to sell the car I would most likely come down a little and if I really wanted to buy the car I would pay a top value ...around 30 if the car is what you say is about right ...I would offer the guy 25 and he will say 27500 and then you say sweet I love the car and you both walk away happy . thats the way it is supposed to work anyway Z

there are people that tell me my 67 fastback is worth 30 but I dont see that ...I figure more like 20 ish ..so what is it worth ? well I would revert back to the previous comment
Old 02-03-2008, 09:38 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Being that the car is not restored to stock (missing a very expensive rim blow steering wheel, radio, power disk brakes (manual disks were not available in 1969), correct exhaust, etc), and I cannot see it up close and in person to see what else is not original (front fenders come to mind right off the bat), or done correctly, I'm going to step away from any reference to what it's worth. Instead, I'll ask you what the owner is asking, and do you think it's a good deal or not, as that is really all that matters. Why do I say this, simple, because you are looking at it as an investment, when in fact all it is is someone else's toy they are looking to sell. I'd love to see the Kevin Marti report as that will tell you exactly how it left the factory (forget about what a dealer may or may not have installed at the moment). Finally, getting back to value, does his asking price reflect a car that has been restored to stock (seems to be), or does it reflect a car that has not been, as the stock restorations (even a driver class car which from the looks this one is a step above that in overall condition due to some creative detailing) are what seem to be holding their value while the others are on a decline.

Might want to educate yourself on the 69 GT's by checking out the following urls:

Welcome to the 1969 Mustang GT Registry Page
1969 Ford Mustang
www.1969stang.com - Home

Bill S.

PS: Personally I'd be looking at BOSS 302's (driver class) or Mach I's in that price range.........

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 02-03-2008, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Bill S.. for the link to site..
Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

I used to own a car very similar to this one. '69 GT FB, 351W 4 barrel, 3 speed manual, A/C, P/S, 9" 3.00 rear. Green with black GT stripes along the rocker panels. I bought it from the original owner, who left it absolutly bone stock. The hood scoop was functional from the factory, although all the books say they didn't come that way. Loved that car.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

So it's got a tach on the hood AND one in the dash?
Old 02-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Under $30k for a 69/70 Sportsroof in this condition is not all that bad anymore. A decent Boss 302 Clone is bringing high $30s nowadays and the Mach Is are up there too.

The car has parts to it that must appeal to the person buying it (that is a lot of blue) but it is easily a mid $20s car.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

The range for the 69 and 70 or in the 25K - 28K for a clean fastback so 30K is not that far out of range. If you really want it.......Offer $28,500.