Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Ouch! Who's wrecked Kirkham or Shelby? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/85005-ouch-whos-wrecked-kirkham-shelby.html)

Brent Mills 02-04-2008 10:58 AM

Ouch! Who's wrecked Kirkham or Shelby?

Made you look! :)

From the new Iron Man movie:

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...CobraWreck.JPG

Iron Man: Iron Man Tests His New, Badass Jet Boots

FST FOX 02-04-2008 11:00 AM

now I really don't want to see it, with that amount of violence

computerworks 02-04-2008 11:07 AM

....i think I know. :cool:;);)

David Kirkham 02-04-2008 11:24 AM

I guess they let the cat out of the bag.

So, that would be KMP502 or KMP503--not sure which at this point. They said they were just going to fall on the hood and dent it a "little!" They bought 2 cars in case they missed on the first shot. I have no idea if they had to do two "takes" or not.

The director wanted an "aluminum crunch" and not a "fiberglass shatter" shot. Looks like he got his crunch! I can't wait to go and see the movie! They told me it was going to be totally cool.

The movie guys were really nice guys to deal with. We even got a credit at the end of the movie.

David
:):):)

Brent Mills 02-04-2008 11:26 AM

That's pretty cool! It's a shame of course to do that to such a beauty, but....

rdorman 02-04-2008 11:29 AM

What did they do with that poor car?

Ron61 02-04-2008 11:29 AM

:LOL:

How much did Jamo get for playing the Fall guy? :LOL:

Ron :)

mickmate 02-04-2008 11:32 AM

I wonder where they're being auctioned off at..............

David Kirkham 02-04-2008 11:38 AM

Ron61,

If I were you, I'd run and hide.

Then again, you will only die tired!

David

David Kirkham 02-04-2008 11:40 AM

mickmate,

It is my understanding the studio is going to be keeping them in their car stash for future use.

David

imagine2frolic 02-04-2008 11:41 AM

Well at least his face up, and not crackup....LOLOLOLOLOL

trularin 02-04-2008 11:56 AM

So, Dave, did they pay you for them or did you donate so your name will appear in the movie??

:D :D

thudmaster 02-04-2008 12:10 PM

I need that body to replace mine............:LOL::LOL:

WildBill3 02-04-2008 12:13 PM

I want some of those jet boots yeea haaaa

Ron61 02-04-2008 12:36 PM

:3DSMILE:

David,

Jamo knows that I only kid about things. If it wasn't for me he wouldn't have anyone to keep him on his toes. :LOL:

Ron :JEKYLHYDE

David Kirkham 02-04-2008 12:36 PM

trularin,

They paid for the cars, and their discount for putting us in the credits was we worked crazy overtime to get them the cars on time. Their time line was like, "Ugh, I need them tomorrow...No? Well how about this Friday?" When you work with movie people, the first thing they care about is "When can I have it?", next they care about is "How much?" All in all, they were quite nice.

David

Tom Kirkham 02-04-2008 12:38 PM

Iron Man: Iron Man Crushes Cobra, We Cry

427sharpe 02-04-2008 12:50 PM

the Horror!

thudmaster 02-04-2008 12:54 PM

Ron, you realize those are gigantic toes on Jamo...........:LOL::LOL:
That should teach him to make comments about my short stature and big son.......

rbray 02-04-2008 12:55 PM

Judging from the damage done to the car is it reasonable to assume that Iron made is not actually made from iron or if he is he didn’t fall very far before hitting the car?
My guess is that he is actually constructed from some light weight material such as titanium.