28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351W stroked to 427
Not Ranked     
Question HELP! Parts source for Classic Roadsters replica!!

I have been a member of this forum for a whole 25 minutes. As a rookie, I am hoping some of you pros can help me. I am buying a Classic Roadsters cobra replica soon and I'm trying to find a source for some parts for it. I know that the original Classic Roadsters is no longer around. This car was produced right before they sold out. The way I understand it from reading this forum is that the new company is Classic Roadsters II. Is this correct?? Classic Roadsters II is in the middle of some challenges right now and I don't know when I might be able to get anything from them. I am looking for a drivers side roll bar. It can be decorative only, but I don't know if roll bars from other kits will fit this car or not. I am also wanting some of the side louvres as well, but again don't know if the size used on a Classic Roadster is different than the others. Can anyone give me a hand?? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Side louvres are generally standard. Go to Finishline Finish Line Accessories

but I think that roll bars are kind of custom to the kit as they all bolt to different chassis parts and each kit's chassis is different. Some one with a CR might be able to give you measurements and you could relatively easily get one fabricated and plated.

Glyn

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 02-05-2008, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I would say do what you can with CRII and get the rest from Finishline. Check the advertisers list on the left for a link.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

CRII is in an issue right now where they cant do anything. As soon as Don gets things straightened out you can get parts from him. I do not have any extra parts but my roll bar is not installed yet. If you want I can take some measurments for you so you can have one built. I know a guy in Sacramento that has 2 or 3 CRII Cobras and he might be looking into getting rid of 1 or 2 or he might have some parts that he is not going to use. He goes by "HRAY" here on CC. Check out his profile and PM him for info. You might also want to post this on the CRII forum here on CC. It might help.

Terry
Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

May I be of some help?
I have probably built more "CR's" Cobra than anyone. I do not know Don's situation at the moment but do some very-very deep and thorough investigation before buyine any outside sourced parts. As far as I know of, no one elses rollbars will fit properly to the CR Cobra. As far as defroster ducts, roll bar finish rings, oil coolers and the likes Enzo/Paula @ Finishline are excellent providers of Cobra parts that will work on the CR body. Another companys convertible top will NOT fit a CR so don't let anyone tell you it "might"!
If push comes to shove I have a left and a right rollbar in stock right now that belongs to another owner of a CR Cobra and I can have them made for you. I have to outsource them at the moment since I no longer have a jig or my bender.
Congratulations on the future CR purchase. Don has bent over backwards to make small but very refined changes to the original CR, only making it a very, very good kit.
As far as the vents go take some height and width measurements and you will probably be able to to find a matching set. Door seals, and trunk seals can be had from a company called "Soft Seal" and can be found on the internet.
Any questions on building or mounting, just ask.
DV/ Ed Combs
Old 02-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

With the proper measurements you can have one made. I had mine made because I wanted one that was a bit taller than standard. The cost to have it made should not be much different than buying it depending on the shop. Get it bent, welded and then chrome plated or powder coated, whichever you prefer.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Don Scott purchased the original Classic Roadsters and renamed the company Classic Roadsters II. If you hear any stories regarding poor Customer Service on CR, applies only to the original CR, not the CR II that Don owns and actively manages.

Classic Roadster Classic Roadster Sales Classic Roadster Parts Classic Roadster Car Kits Classic Roadster Replicas

I have a CR that was built by Don along with the 351W and have been extremely satisfied at any time I needed parts and advice. Depending upon your time frame, once the current challenges are resolved, using CR II for parts and service will be a positive experience.

Wycobra, being new to Club Cobra , Double Venom that posted a reply is an expert with the CR.......he built the CR with a Viper V-12

DV.....I still recall your posting on rebuilding the side pipes, which was very helpful. I now have two sets , quiet and not quiet, i.e., loud
Old 02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351W stroked to 427
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for the help everyone!!

Thanks for the help everyone!! I found finishline on the web, but I wanted to ask them some questions. Does anyone have an actual phone number for them?? I actually got a call back from Bill at Classic Roadsters II this morning. He was very friendly and refirmed what you guys said about the roll bar fitment. I ordered their rollbar along with the motor mounts and crossmember for a Ford Small block and AOD drivetrain. This owner had a Chev 350 and a turbo 350 in this car. I have nothing against Chevy, but this just seems sacreligious to me. I am planning on a stroker for this car in the future. What are the pros and cons of a 393 vs a 408?? Thanks again everyone. If anyone get in the Cody, WY area, I'd be happy to go with them on a drive through Yellowstone or the Chief Joseph scenic highway over the Beartooth mountains. It is absolutely beautiful. Paved twisty road over a 10,000 foot pass down into Red Lodge Montana. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Finish Line, Inc. - Finish Line Accessories.com
20871 Johnson Street, Suite 106, Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
Toll Free: (888) 436-9113 • In Florida: (954) 436-9101
Fax: (954) 436-9102

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"