Old 02-14-2008, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 428
Send a message via AIM to rtstrack
Not Ranked     
Default Jamo

Jamo

Your responses to the "Finish Line Accessories Shipping Charges " thread was completely uncalled for. I don't care if it was the guys very first post, he felt he was wronged and he put it out to the people to "educate" them that the shipping charges were not clear. I thought he was aloud to have an OPINION. I have no problem with it being re-titled if he used "scam", because that's a very big accusation. I think you overstepped your bounds and acted like a two year old. You came in huffing and puffing, said what you had to say, then kicked the guy out and closed the post. I feel you owe the guy an apology.

Regards
Ryan
Old 02-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I think the guy got his message across the first time he posted, but kept at it over and over. Most people didn't agree but gave him his say. Once he said his peace, maybe he should have felt good to get it off his chest and leave it there. You just gotta be reasonable and not shoot up the place.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 428
Send a message via AIM to rtstrack
Not Ranked     

I really did not feel the guy "kept at it". He posted his opinion, then people told him the info was posted on different pages. He responded that he felt it was inappropriate to basically not have it on the check out page. Then people felt the $12 was a fair charge, and he responded with specifics on why he felt $12 was way to high. Then they told him to contact the company, which he said he tried. I really felt it was a normal progression of a post and he was not being hostile in any way, shape or form. Just my 2 cents
Old 02-14-2008, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

$12.00 shipping charge does seem more than just covering costs on one DVD. I shipped a CD the other day and it cost $1.45 postage first class plus the cost of a bubble pack envelope. If the prices quoted about Amazon are accurate I would say they got it right. Just my unbiased opinion.

John
Old 02-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

I have ordered only one thing through Finishline. I thought the price was fair and the shipping was too. The only thing that I would like to see on their web site would be the total with shipping. Most other web based companies do that.

As far as Jamo closing the thread, Jamo is going to do what he wants on here. I have seen more than once on here when Jamo gets a wild hair stuck in a place where the "sun don't shine", get out of his way. I think it depends on what kind of mood he is in. I think that he should have left it to Ron to moderate the thread as Ron was the origional moderator that spoke up.

JMHO, Terry
Old 02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Ryan

I respect your opinion, but as noted...he went too far.

He shouldn't have gone after Ron or accused us of protecting an advertiser...his thread was left open to continue discussion and he was afforded an opportunity to get his frustration off his chest. He went too far.

Now...you are getting personal in commenting on my moderating. That's fine, no need to apologize...we're here to serve you at no pay and with no thanks expected.

Some things to consider: I did not get personal with him (nor did Ron), and I gave him three days off to think it through (as opposed to kicking him out) when he decided to ignore my advisory just as he did Ron's. I closed his thread and moved it to the Finish Line area (the appropriate location), where it will be reopened once he (the thread starter) is back in here in case he wants to continue his discussion in a more controlled fashion.

The two of us moderate approximately 5,000 folks on several dozen forums at this site, many of which are as big as other sites. We do it 24/7 (though the folks Down Under seem to have good manners). We keep out spam, help folks post their pictures, show them how to use the features, move threads to where they belong and we try to keep down the flames whenever possible. I'm sure we rub folks the wrong way at times...we're not perfect. When someone fails to heed nice suggestions, then stronger suggestions...we will enforce some level of control in a measured fashion, such as a few days off, which is exactly what occured here.

I'm sure anyone here can look at a particular instance and indicate how they would have handled that particular situation much better than one of us. We live with that, as we deal with a couple of hundred situations each day.

Again, I respect your opinion, and many thanks for sharing it. If you have any further questions about our moderating practices or policies, please feel free to PM me.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

This should be gooood......
Old 02-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Terry...we would love to divey up threads to cover. Ron runs a business on the East Coast and I'm out here running a business of the Left Coast. We have to overlap and cross cover the entire site.

Mood-wise...actually, I was in a great mood until I saw someone ignore Ron's moderation. We truly can't afford the time to watch one or two threads in the entire site just because someone wants to challenge a moderation.

Course, it's easy to criticize the mods and our moods...how about the fact that the person in question lost his cool over $12?
Old 02-14-2008, 04:54 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Jamo,

It's been said to me before on CHR (clubhotrod.com), as a moderator you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 02-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Jamo,

JMO, but If it were me moderating a thread and another moderator comes in and takes over just because they did not like what was said to me would irratate me a little. But thats just me. If that doesn't upset Ron then thats up to him. Maybe you could have given Ron some time to respond. If he wanted to that is.

Mood wise. I have seen when you are in a good mood and when you were not. There is a differance..........

I think that if it was just the $12.00 that would be one thing. I think that it was more of an issue of not stating clearly what the shipping was going to be. But thats also Finishline's buisness.

Enjoy your day.
Terry
Old 02-14-2008, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow again.
No one say anything or this post will get closed.....
Old 02-14-2008, 05:39 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBiz View Post
Wow again.
No one say anything or this post will get closed.....
Does that make you feel like you are "Walking Tall"

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 02-14-2008, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

the guy was being a peckerhead and he got shut down for it, I am ok with that
Old 02-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Jamo gets his own thread, I want my own thread too! Oh wait, I had one, kick me somewhere I think it was...
Old 02-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Just like vendors there are lots of other Cobra sites. If you don't like this one ....
Old 02-14-2008, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Enzo...if you are reading ANY of this, you might indeed update your site so that when someone places an order, the FINAL screen they see BEFORE confirmation shows ALL their charges, INCLUDING SHIPPING AND HANDLING. This appears to be common practice nowadays (e.g. Summit), and I must admit that even though I've bought LOTS of stuff from you, I don't remember seeing these charges displayed when I ordered.

Glyn

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 02-14-2008, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

MrMustang,

Not really because no matter what I say he closes my post for no reason and also makes fun of me for something that is put in my post. I just feel he is not nice to certain people and to be a Moderator you should be neutral not a bully. We are adults in here. Well most of us!!

I really like this forum I think it is one of the best on the web. I like all the people here just some decisions are just inappropriate and childish.

I love being able to speak to all the vendors here and hear opinions from very smart people.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
Jamo,

JMO, but If it were me moderating a thread and another moderator comes in and takes over just because they did not like what was said to me would irratate me a little. But thats just me. If that doesn't upset Ron then thats up to him. Maybe you could have given Ron some time to respond. If he wanted to that is.

Mood wise. I have seen when you are in a good mood and when you were not. There is a differance..........

I think that if it was just the $12.00 that would be one thing. I think that it was more of an issue of not stating clearly what the shipping was going to be. But thats also Finishline's buisness.

Enjoy your day.
Terry
First, I hope you're enjoying your day getting to freely comment on what I do here everyday.

Second...it had nothing to do with the underlying concerns he had with the vendor. It had everything to do with his "mood" in arguing with Ron and attacking this site. Again, I have to wonder why you're not concerned with the thread starter's "mood." You seem real concerned about my moods...have you ever wondered what kinds of moods folks show up here with on any given day?

Third, Ron and I have been doing this together for several years now...he's come in to support my actions every bit as often as I do his. We are also moderators together at other sites. We also have a close friendship. For that matter, we also both have personal relationships with Brent, the owner of this site, and we both know what he expects. I believe we know each other and what to expect from each other better than you. Or do you feel you should now comment on our friendships? You do seem to want to share your opinions, so please don't hold back.

Fourth..."if it was me"? Well frankly...it's not.

Notice that I am not angry or attacking you, nor do I feel I have the right to comment on your mood in sitting back and commenting on mine.

Anything else? Please...make sure you make whatever other comments you feel are necessary to explain your self worth to your own satisfaction.

And by all means...have a great day at this place.

Last edited by Jamo; 02-14-2008 at 06:25 PM..
Old 02-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBiz View Post
MrMustang,

Not really because no matter what I say he closes my post for no reason and also makes fun of me for something that is put in my post. I just feel he is not nice to certain people and to be a Moderator you should be neutral not a bully. We are adults in here. Well most of us!!

I really like this forum I think it is one of the best on the web. I like all the people here just some decisions are just inappropriate and childish.

I love being able to speak to all the vendors here and hear opinions from very smart people.
Josh, I'm sure you feel this is a great time to jump in. You did not have to read the e-mails and PMs about your threads and your attacks on other members when they were offering you helpful advice, just like folks didn't have to read the ones I got about the Finishline thread.

I do...

Now...you were moderated for specific reasons. Learn to be nice when folks are giving you advice when you ask for it. You weren't.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Mustang

At least you give me a "damn you, Jamo" in PMs.