Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS SCAM FREE !!!!!!AUSSIE RIPPED OFF $5,000 by JBo !!!!

A MEMBER OR THIS CLUB JUST RIPPED OFF A FELLOW MEMBER FROM AUSTRALIA, I PURCHASED AN AUTOKRAFT COBRA MKIV FROM THIS CROOK SCAMMER (BEWARE) JAMES BOTTINI (JBo) . I PAID THIS MAN A $5,000 DEPOSIT ON HIS AC MKIV, AND WAS TO ORGANISE THE BALANCE IN ONE MONTH, THE DAY THE 30 DAYS WAS UP, HE CALLED ME AND SAID I HAD NOT PAID THE BALANCE BY THE DUE DATE AND THE DEAL WAS OFF, AND HE WOULD NOT RETURNE MY DEPOSIT. MY BANK WAS IN THE PROCESS OF TRANSFERING THE BALANCE OF THE MONEY.ALL WAS OK WITH THE DEAL UP TO A WEEK BEFOREHAND, THEN THE SEACOND THE 30 DAYS WAS UP ALL I GOT WAS SMART ASS COMENTS ABOUT THE DEAL WAS NOT "CONSUMATED" AND NOT TO CONTACT HIM AGAIN. HE CONTACTED ME WHEN I PUT A WANTED ADD ON THIS SITE. THEN RIPPED ME OFF. IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK PLEASE EMAIL ME. . I PURCHASED ANOTHER MKIV FROM THE U.S. AND HAD NO PRONLEMS WITH THAT GENTLEMAN Mr GREGG BLUE.
IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFO ON JAMES BOTTINI PLEASE CONTACT ME. WHAT SORT OF PERSON WOULD RIPP OFF A FELLOW COBRA LOVER IN THIS WAY, WHAT A DISCRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

User JBo is currently online. I await a reply.

Otherwise, this issue needs both sides for validation.
Please hold discussion until a reply is posted by Jbo
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi tech 427 SC
Not Ranked     

Why does it take 30 days to pay?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1985 Autokraft
Not Ranked     

Scammer? Ripoff? I was contacted via email by the man from Australia about the possible purchase of my MKIV. He advised he was a collector and cobra lover and was looking for a car. I emailed him with a price I would accept. He emailed back and indicated he thought I was asking too much for the car. I reminded him that it was he who contacted me, that the car was not actively for sale and that if he didn't want to pay my price, I really didn't care. I came to find out that he is a dealer of muscle cars in Australia, specializing in cars he imports from the USA. The other MKIV he mentions above is currently for sale on his web site. Had he been up front with me about being a dealer, I never would have responded to his email to begin with. I don't know why some people think that telling a half truth is ok, especially in the car business. Like my momma told me, "son believe half of what you see and none of what you hear." John
Old 03-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Perhaps there are TWO sides to this story. If Luigi (Lewis) would care to post all of the communications between himself and JBo, the members here could make their own conclusion.

If your bank was in the "process of transferring the balance" why did you ask for additional weeks to complete the transaction? And perhaps you might inform the readers here that you are a dealer, not an individual buyer (not that that changes the relevant facts, but is a detail you never mentioned) and that you were apparently trying to "flip" the car using funds you did not have?

Please, oh please, don't put your "evil eye pox" on the members here!

Yes, I know JBo personally and have for over 35 years. He is not a "scammer", he was abiding by the terms that YOU proposed.

I invite anyone who wants the true details to ask.

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
User JBo is currently online. I await a reply.

Otherwise, this issue needs both sides for validation.
Please hold discussion until a reply is posted by Jbo
JBo has come and gone to the forum since this was posted. He has not responded to a PM.

He is also not a stranger to this forum....I am sure we will see his reply shortly
Old 03-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Lewis, your 'watch' web site is interesting ( www.watchtime.com.au ), could you also post a link(s) to any other web sites you do business on? I hope this current issue gets resolved to all parties satisfaction.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

I dunno, sounds pretty simple to me. Thirty days to pay the deposit, it wasn't paid, deal is off.

Usually, on an item like that, it's a non-refundable deposit. That is the price to pay for the seller holding the vehicle from other buyers.

I would say if anyone is in the wrong, depends on if there is a contract between the seller and buyer, and what it says.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 03-29-2008, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

30 days certainly seems like ample time to pay the balance owed. Unless of course you where hoping to have the car sold to someone else before you had to put up your own money to pay for it.....

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42
Old 03-29-2008, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

I dunno, sounds pretty simple to me. Thirty days to pay the deposit, it wasn't paid, deal is off.

Right!.... Until the shoe is on the other foot !!!
Old 03-29-2008, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANMADD View Post

Right!.... Until the shoe is on the other foot !!!
Are you saying what I think you're saying?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

http://www.kaneva.com/asset/12144.media

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 03-29-2008, 12:34 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post

Sal,

Now that was a great find.....I've got someone I've been chasing after for money, think I'll forward this one to him as a hint

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-29-2008, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
End of story.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Now THAT is funny. I'm sure whoever that's sent to would get the point.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1985 Autokraft
Not Ranked     

Here's a link to the aussie's website:

http://investmentmusclecars.com.au/a...-importers.htm
Old 03-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Ron,

I spoke with JBo after this was posted and advised him to wait on his reply. He was rather upset at being called a "Scammer" and suggested his reply would be better left to "cool"

If you like, I can forward you copies of the communications between Mr. Spinozza and JBo for you to decide.

I will be glad to offer the moderators the facts and documentation regarding this matter.

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-29-2008, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     
Exclamation The other side of the story

Lewis;
Let us get the facts straight here for once and for all,
1. You pursued me to buy this car…(email threads remember??)… as you did other ACOC members whom you emailed after obtaining addresses from that site. Your story was ‘I’m a collector; as is my brother; I just bought a car in Hawaii and my brother now wants one like it…yours James” I told you it was not for sale, but stay in touch..which you did until I decided to offer it to you. Point of interest, after speaking to other ACOC members and owners, after all this, I find that you have been verbally abusive over prices, etc you’ve been offered for cars for “Are you stupid…I can buy these all day long for less money…RM sold one for…etc”.
2. After tacitly agreeing to a negotiated price,(I offered to sell at XXk, you countered with XYk, I countered with XZk which you accepted) you went silent for 10 days, until I contacted you and that story was you needed to make arrangements and the AU and US dollars were in flux.
3. When I subsequently pressed you for a closing, at a later date, you hemmed and hawed and acted like you weren’t sure…I should have realized at that point something was amiss…my error. This all has taken place in the last two or three weeks of January as an aside. At this time another interested party surfaced.
4. When you found out I had another interested party..you began the “you’re my Italian brother..we have to stick together, you can’t sell to anyone else. Can we make the deal today?” was your question to me.
5. You asked to renegotiate and I agreed to a $2000 haircut from the original terms as an accomodation, in return for prompt payment and closing.
6. You and I agreed on the price (my error entirely) and you set the terms for a $5000 earnest money/deposit and payment of the balance by March 4th via wire transfer to my account in US funds. You wired the deposit and I agreed the car was under contract pending a successful closing. You asked if I would transport the car to Port Newark, I responded I would make all arrangements and supervise at cost and it had been estimated at $250; but I would return what ever was left from your advance of those funds.
7. March 4th came and went, no money wired, no word, no nothing!! Nothing the next day, so now I know I don’t have some one who will fulfill their obligations and later on March 5th I emailed you; {late in the day (it was probably the 6th your time as it is 16 hours difference in time zones)} and advised you, you had failed to live up to your terms and conditions and the deal was off and your deposit forfeit. Now, who is the scammer or maybe you are a stiff . You signed up for something you didn’t have the money to complete the transaction for….. why else would you not perform??.
8. In subsequent emails, first it was I need a few more days…then it became a few weeks, sort of takes the starch out of your claim “the bank and I were arranging the transfer” & remember Luigi or Lewis, I can prove by your emails what I say. Scammer or stiff buyer?9. The other interested party has come and gone. I’ve shelved my plans for a replacement vehicle and gracefully removed myself from negotiations on it. You’ve cost me two months, a sale, a bit of “face” and money.
10. I then find you are a Used Car Dealer in AU, (lewis@investmentmuslecars.com.au) 0r investmentmuslecars.com.au, so perhaps your outrageous indignation is not so well served. You understand business rules fairly well I would suspect, but fail to abide by them. Why did you not disclose the fact you are a dealer, could it be you were trying to “flip” my car as the Hawaii purchased unit is offered for sale on your web site?, and still is? But that would mean you were trying to broker something you didn’t own yet (hadn’t paid for) and didn’t have a brokering agreement on and that probably would be slightly off key, even down under. Or as I suspect you bit off more than you could chew.
11. Now you begin threatening me via email, threatening to use my banking and email info in some terroristic way, inferring you could get violent, inferring legal action, using foul and offensive language, attempting to put a curse on me (do you realize what century this is?) and generally showing your true nature, lack of upbringing and a general disregard of the truth.

This is an abbreviated, yet completely true recount of this series of events. I can prove it all with the email threads. Regards to all interested parties,
Jbo
Old 03-29-2008, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

I guess that goes to show that you reap what you sow!!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

This looks to be a two bagger...with extra butter.

Closed Thread