Old 04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ff5 302 b cam carb
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby

Opening of Shelby Corner Cafe to Mark Beginning of NHRA Weekend in Las Vegas
Wednesday April 9, 1:45 pm ET

LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Shelby Automobiles, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (Pink Sheets:CSBI - News), will kick off the NHRA weekend by opening the new Shelby Corner Café on April 10, 2008. Located on the Shelby Automobiles campus at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the Cafe is dedicated to the Shelby legend and gives enthusiasts visiting the track or Shelby facility a place to dine that equals their passion for performance automobiles.

ADVERTISEMENT
An NHRA themed party will commemorate the opening of the Shelby Corner Café on Thursday night. In addition to an appearance by Mr. Shelby, driver Bob Tasca III will appear with his new Ford Shelby GT500 NHRA pro-fuel dragster to sign autographs. Other luminaries like Don “the Snake” Prudhomme and NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car Champion Robert Height are expected for the “cackle party” which will begin at 5:30 p.m. that evening. Displays will include Big Daddy Don Garlits’ nostalgic “Swamp Rat” Top Fuel Dragster, Mike Kuhl’s dragster and the Yeakel Plymouth owned by the late Lou Baney; the nitro powered cars will fire their engines simultaneously in front of the café to start the weekend off with a bang. The event is free to the public.

“Shelby Corner Café is a fun place to dine while visiting Carroll’s two favorite places, the track and his factory,” said Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. “We initially planned to open a place for Shelby employees as the selection of eateries is a bit limited at the Speedway. We had so many requests by enthusiasts to eat here after a museum tour that decided to open the café to the public. On any given day, you might see our chief test driver, production crew, or even Carroll himself eating at the next table.”

The 13,000 square foot café features an Americana menu with breakfast served from 6 to 11 a.m. Lunch crowds can enjoy hamburgers, salads, sandwiches and Shelby’s Classic Chili from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The café features Wi-Fi, a coffee bar and is decorated in genuine Shelby memorabilia that demonstrates the power of the brand.

“The Café will be available for private parties and even has a door to accommodate the entry of a car inside,” noted Boylan. “We might even add a stop at the Café to the Shelby car delivery program for a private meal.”

The Café sits adjacent to the world famous Shelby Automobiles factory and mod shop. From this location, the company turns out a limited number of genuine Shelby Cobras, GT500KR’s and Shelby Super Snakes. Shelby Autos also taps the drag strip and road course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway to test their cars.

“Although we have been approached by interested parties, we currently have no plans to open additional Shelby Corner Cafés,” added Boylan. “This is a special place where everyone can enjoy a bit of casual food after visiting one of the hottest destinations in Las Vegas. The only restaurant rule is to have fun the Shelby way.”

About Shelby Automobiles, Inc. and Carroll Shelby Licensing

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc., (www.shelbyautos.com) manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. Shelby Automobiles is a division of Carroll Shelby International, Inc. (CSBI.PK). Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., also a wholly owned division, is the exclusive holder of Carroll Shelby's trademarks and vehicle design rights. It also holds trademark rights for Shelby-branded apparel, accessories and collectibles. For more information, visit www.carrollshelbyinternational.com.

Be the first on your street to go there.

jack

My SEX life is not dead, but the BUZZARDS are circling.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

[qoute]
Located on the Shelby Automobiles campus
[/quote]

It's a campus now? I wonder what they teach.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman ohio View Post
Located on the Shelby Automobiles campus at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway

I wonder what they teach.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Maybe he'll try to franchise them like the Hard Rock Cafe. The Shelby Corner Cafe in Dubai anyone?
Old 04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421 351W
Not Ranked     

Has anyone ever determined what net amount of money actually gets to the kids; from the gross amount that CS collects under his charitable umbrella? 100%? 75%? 50%? How much from the BJ Auction actually got to the kids? ...just curious
Old 04-09-2008, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra Serial #1425, 2007 SHELBY MUSTANG GT500, 2000 Cobra R #15
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
Has anyone ever determined what net amount of money actually gets to the kids; from the gross amount that CS collects under his charitable umbrella? 100%? 75%? 50%? How much from the BJ Auction actually got to the kids? ...just curious

I would like to know.

Campus???????????????????

University of _________________?

I have an electrical engineering degree from the University of Manitoba. 1986.

And I donated $25,000.00 in 2005 to help pay for the new Engineering Building. And I have fraction of Shelby's net worth.

Greed is bad.

MM
Old 04-09-2008, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8or View Post

I wonder what they teach.
I understand there are more courses than one might think:

Snake-oil salesmanship 101

Shift the blame 101

How to make hypocrisy fit you like a glove 101

How to invest in off-shore accounts 101

How to accellerate rust in a semi-arrid climate 101

How to hire brilliant people and claim their accomplishments 101

How to prove lightning doesn't strike twice 101

How to GIVE things away and 25 years later-claim you are owed 101

How to make charities work for YOU 101

*How to get everything that's not yours by calling an attorney

*Enrollment starts September at CS law institute near you(formerly known as Krispy Kreme donuts)
Old 04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

I'd hate to see what is substituted for actual food or drink ! You just know he's going to try and pull some kind of fast one to make a buck ! I just hope they have enough "port-a-potties" !

powerslide

I've been informed by some that he donates less than 1% of what is allowed by the feds to be considered a non-profit charity. This could have changed but.............in my opinion i dought it. This became an issue at a past vintage race held at Laguna Seca where the track announcers for the event were trying to advertise for the "CHF", after they learned about the info they said that that will never happen again and in my recolections I've never heard it advertised over the loud speaker there again nor at the Coranado vintage races...........it's a shame that someone who could be so good for the hobby has to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for the hobby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Last edited by csx700?; 04-09-2008 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: adding info