9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech CSX 3016 Sebring Clone.460 BB.4 Sp Toploader .Hilibrand Racing Magnesium Wheels.soon 427 SO aerea correct ! Block
Not Ranked     
Default e Bay 2 Hours left, decission

What you guys think is this car OK ? I really like it but i'm not sure if it is a good car to buy

2 Hours left

eBay Motors: Shelby : ERA Cobra (item 250247939257 end time May-20-08 19:06:08 PDT)
Old 05-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

If that car is in the condition that it appears to be, it is a bargain if bought for under 50k. I'm just finishing up my own ERA and these cars are not cheap. It is not, however, wise to buy any car sight unseen, but if you can get someone to inspect it, it may be what you want.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Polished KMP #488 / 427SC, 427 SO/482 by KC
Not Ranked     

Looks like a clean one to me... but like said above someone looking it over for you can help a ton.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Sure looks like a good deal on paper...has all the right stuff and it comes from one of the top mfgs.

If you bid...do so with the condition that you can have it inspected.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech CSX 3016 Sebring Clone.460 BB.4 Sp Toploader .Hilibrand Racing Magnesium Wheels.soon 427 SO aerea correct ! Block
Not Ranked     

Im in a really hot seat at the moment don't know what to do auction ends in 1 and a half hour
Old 05-20-2008, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Be aware that the rear suspension is not a factory design (it looks like an aftermarket hotrod design), and it looks like the front anti-sway bar has been moved for some reason.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlypersonl View Post
Be aware that the rear suspension is not a factory design (it looks like an aftermarket hotrod design), and it looks like the front anti-sway bar has been moved for some reason.
Thanks for the info !!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You shouldnt spend that much money without looking at it and driving it,
Old 05-20-2008, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You Guys are right i wait a couple of days and sort some other offers out
Here is what i'm after.
Buyers Market?

Thanks to all for the info !!!

Karsten
Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

I like it. inferior motor but a very nice car and worth 45K easy.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

ERA's are great cars. I have seen some 20 years old with asking prices close to what you can build a new one. I personally would not pay that kind of money for a 20 year old ERA or any Cobra. Most companies continue to improve their product and paying top dollar for an older replica just does not make sense to me. Plus as someone else pointed out this car does not have an ERA spec'd rear end
Old 05-20-2008, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era#671 Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     

Kasi,
Dont sweat it. Its a nice car but held back on a few options.Dash layout and Cheaper Guages,round taillights should be Rectangular if an S/C But has no stripes so im not sure what the goal was (Street or Comp?) .No aluminum on the engine bay area,no optional rear end with outboard breaks no riveted hood no fans no jack pads for Bumpers......O.K im sounding critical but these little details will later on come to bite ya once you see more Cobras and start noticing Im not kicking the car just letting you see how it looks to someone not hot for one right now.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Hopefully the buyer isn't located in California. If so, they've got their hands full and will have a fun time at the DMV.

From the eBay ad.

"Q: What if the cars description and year on the title? Thank you
Answered on May-15-08
A: The car's title reads..1965 Cobra..The car is registered and insured in the state of California right now,but it is in Ohio in a heated garage."

Oh...didn't see this comment:

"Q: is the California registration SB100 compliant? Thanks. AMM
Answered on May-17-08
A: Amm,The Cobra is now registered and insured in the state of California.I just moved to Ohio and the car is there.It does NOT need to be SB100."

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Last edited by Got the Bug; 05-20-2008 at 07:52 PM..
Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmmm, skeptical about the 'does not need to be SB100' comment. And FOR SURE it aint no '65 Ford Cobra or whatever. I would be concerned the DMV simply hasn't caught up with the potential discrepancies with the title, but the other shoe could drop when you go to transfer the title.

Other than that, nice car at a fair price, even with the lowly 390.

Dash layout and tail lights (round) are consistent with a 'street style' Cobra from ERA, which seems to be the most popular version you see. You have to order specifically the S/C version to get that dash, no glove box and square lights.

I am 'bothered' by my round tail lights, one day I just might change them out to square! Sure like the glove box though, would hate to give that up no matter what.

IF I was selling my ERA, today, as it sits right now, I'd take $35K (but it's NOT for sale). Paint showing it's age, interior poor (carpet), tires worn and needs tlc. Suspension, brakes, engine, trans, rear end, etc. etc. are in great shape. I love the new gauges. Runs terrific! My plan is to move to the mainland within a few months and begin an in depth 'restore' of the car. A 'good' paint job but NOT a 'show car' paint job, to much maintenance and cost if you go that way, keep it simple. Maybe do the carpet myself, or buy all new from ERA, not sure. Seats are good, clean up only there. Should be a fun project for my early retirement!

Last edited by Excaliber; 05-20-2008 at 09:41 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Kasi,
So you know, after being a professional car builder in Ohio for over 30 years and being licensed as such, it is illegal in Ohio as well as California to title the car as a 1965-period. It may slip buy the DMV but again like California all these records/registrations are eventually checked.
It AINT like the proposed SEMA rules or rules in very few other States, "If it looks like a Duck, Sounds like a Duck, it still AINT a Duck"!

Getting it re-registered is NOT a problem as long as it is listed as what ever year it is titled and then will be listed as, i.e.; 2088 specialty car, -then- 1965 Ford. Most States are going after their taxes! This is why they opened the door to SB 100 and other ordinances in most States.

I know the auction is over and if you so decided it does look like a fine car for the money.
Good luck, and don't get caught in a registration nightmare!
DV
Old 05-21-2008, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 592
Not Ranked     

I wonder what rear end that is. It looks preety nice. Does someone make a rear to fit an ERA? It's not a stock jag rear
Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Guys
I passed the auction and see what else is out there so any offer is welcome.