9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     
Default Just me or is anyone else having problems getting on CC

I have AOL as my primary ISP but IE doesn't work either. My success rate getting on CC is about 33% lately. My computer or are others having problems too?
John
Old 05-27-2008, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default getting on CC

33 % also!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

What does this mean? Blank page or something else?

PHP is giving me fits and I'm working on addressing this. About every two hours I have the server reset the services in case I am not around to fix things up if. I'm trying to fix this stuff guys, and thanks for hanging in there.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

404, web page 'down for the count', file not found, link broken, etc. etc. Happened about 5 mintues ago to me, again today. Happened 5 or 6 times or more through out the day.

About as reliable as a side oiler turning 8000 plus with a 300 shot of nitrous. "She's gonna blow Capn', I canna hold it together."
Old 05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The part that happens several times a day is probably because the service is resetting. I'll turn that off for now.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Same here as Ernie.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

I continue to get PHP errors and a message saying Service Not Available.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

What Joe said for me, too.

Keep pecking at it Brent. You'll whup it!

Tom
Old 05-28-2008, 05:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Brent,

Besides all the above, this morning posting is exceptionally slow for me. I timed the last two and one took 39 seconds and one took 47 before they went in. I can go to the forums and everything ok as it just pops right in and I can open and read the posts quickly. Just when I try to submit one I hit that delay. It starts as if it is going right in and then just sort of freezes until I am ready to give up and then it is in, but the status bars across the bottom never move past the 4th one. Yesterday the posts were going in quickly.

Edit To Add: At times when this is happening on CC it isn't the same on CHR. Other times I have the same problems as I go over there to see when I can't get anything to post here. It just seems to be intermittant and when I changed Forums this time it took almost 30 seconds and showed no progress and then suddenly I was in the other forum. Brent, CW, & Jamo, I am sorry that I can't explain this better so you can put together a logical picture of what is going on but it just seems to change from post to post. It just seems to start to submit a post or Forum change and then stop and sit as if it is doing nothing. Anywhere froom 30 to 50 seconds later it will either have the post in or I get the page not found page and when I get back to the forum eventually the post had gone in. This I can say for certainy, It is happening more and more frequently in the past week or so. Also I have strated getting these when I go to my gallery but they don't seem to cause any problems.

Also the e-mail notifications seem to come and go. I get maybe 1/3rd of them and at timesI can send myself one through the club and other times I don't receive them. I had AT&T check their block they took off about two months ago and it is still off. For instance 3 people posted to threads in 3 different forums I am in just a little while ago and I received one e-mail notification. Now I am receiving none, but this will change in a short time. Please don't take this as complaiinig or *****ing, I am just trying to lay out a somewhat logical decsription of the various things that I run into and they seem to change all the time.

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\photopost\pp-inc.php on line 4450

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\photopost\pp-inc.php on line 4319

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 05-28-2008 at 07:10 AM..
Old 05-28-2008, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

same problems here. Several times a day I can't get in. Usually it is the "site may be down for maintenance" but sometimes get the 404 message or Service not Available. Usually lasts for around an hour at least, sometimes more than that.

Agree with Ron, it is happening more often each day lately.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch building frame,FFR Mkll body ,302w, and T5 trans, 3.0 rear.
Not Ranked     

I have dial-up and sometimes it takes 5 min for the forum page to come up, but I figured it was just my cheap connection.
1963 Mercury Monterey 460+ .060 .//Cobra clone, Scratch build frame /302/ T-5 WC / 3.00-9in/FFR mkll body (Broken but repairable) /91 Lincoln Wire Wheels // : N.S.M.C Charter/Life Member// Die Hard Blue Oval Nut

The finish is better than the beginning. Ecc7:8
Old 05-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Thanks to all for reporting the various problems....
..they are all pretty much what we know already.

As Brent posted last night, there are several critical problems that are at the root of this...and he is trying different fixes.
In that process, sometimes you have to make a change and see if things get better...or worse.

Without great boring tech details, there are a few things in the server that mysteriously stop working at random. When that happens, you sometimes see the "PHP Error..." string. Often, the only recovery is to manually restart some of the services on the server. But "someone" has to "press the button" for that to happen... which may be a while at different times of the day.

To work around that, we put a task on the server to stop/start these services, whether they need it or not, on an hourly schedule. When that kicks in, the restart time makes the server temporarily unavailable... hence, the "404" errors you have been seeing during the course of the day.

I believe Brent stopped that cycle last night to avoid that annoyance.

Anyhow...the issues are known....we are trying fixes and updates to isolate the root causes.

Thanks again for reporting the details.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks to you and Brent for all the hard work.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

I never have a problem...all is good.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It might be the operating system. Have you thought about Linux?

J/K Brent.

Thanks for keeping our sandbox available.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know you're razzing me, but it's not the OS. It's PHP. The good thing is that there is now more collaboration, so they are making headway with a better implementation.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Just got home from the eye doctors and everything was working ok when I left. Had some trouble getting onto site as it was slow but once on I can go from forum to forum and read posts quickly. However some time while I was gone my e-mail notifications stopped and I tried to post in the Lounge and it took about 40 seconds for the post to go in. Acted really strange as it just set with 4 of the green status bars at the bottom as if it was locked, then after that period of time the screen blinked and the post was in. This time I never got the page not found error. I tried sending myself an e-mail through the club and they won't go through. Checked with AT&T and they have not blocked the notifications from here since CW got them to turn them back on a month or so ago. I am starting a log of things that happen with the times and number of people on the site and if I can get enough information that any of you can make anything out of it I will e-mail it to Brent, Cw, and Jamo. The slow posting is getting to be almost every post lately, even when I can open the threads as quickly as ever.

Edit: Ok, this post took 53 seconds to go in and looked as if it was just locked out. Just set there and then suddenly screen blinked and it was in. I had 4 green status bars at the bottom as it never did go all the way across. Went right back to the ?Forum and then I was able to open this thread to edit the post very fast. Right now my problem ismainly with notifications and getting posts to go in.

Edit # 2: 11:11AM. Last post I submitted went right in. All galleriesI have looked at have a gray area on the right side about 1/2" that just cuts off the end word of the error message across the top. I haven't seen this before but it may be related to the error messages that appear when I open anyones gallery. Also even when the posts are super slow and don't go in right, the edits do work great.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 05-28-2008 at 11:15 AM..
Old 05-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@KMS View Post
It might be the operating system. Have you thought about Linux?

J/K Brent.

Thanks for keeping our sandbox available.
That was pretty damn funny.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Just got home from the eye doctors and everything was working ok when I left. Had some trouble getting onto site as it was slow but once on I can go from forum to forum and read posts quickly. However some time while I was gone my e-mail notifications stopped and I tried to post in the Lounge and it took about 40 seconds for the post to go in. Acted really strange as it just set with 4 of the green status bars at the bottom as if it was locked, then after that period of time the screen blinked and the post was in. This time I never got the page not found error. I tried sending myself an e-mail through the club and they won't go through. Checked with AT&T and they have not blocked the notifications from here since CW got them to turn them back on a month or so ago. I am starting a log of things that happen with the times and number of people on the site and if I can get enough information that any of you can make anything out of it I will e-mail it to Brent, Cw, and Jamo. The slow posting is getting to be almost every post lately, even when I can open the threads as quickly as ever.

Ron
You're starting to write like Rick Lake...please use paragraphical breaks to help the site/sight (mine) process your message.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

I tend to see the posts not wanting to go in often as well. I stop it, go back, refresh to see if it went in and then try again. It almost always goes in right away the 2nd time.