17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-09-2008, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 351w 400hp
Not Ranked     
Talking AC - VS- Cobra emblems ?

Quick questions, and I don't wanna get into the puttin no emblems on as a result of the Shelby leagle battles and other related Shelby issues with replicas.

But.... I really like the AC script, but also like the standard Cobra emblem. In a older book on Cobras, I saw there was a model one year labeled as a COB that had the AC script on the trunk, and the Cobra emblem on the nose, not sure what was on the steering wheel.

Has anyone else used both emblems on their car, and if so which one where and why? What are others thoughts on using both ? Kinda like using the AC to identify the Body/frame manufacture and the Cobra to identify the name of the car, like Ford - Mustang, AC - Cobra?

Just wondering I personaly have not seen both used on the same vehicle and will do what I like best in the end, but looking for thoughts and comments.

Jim
Old 06-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2100 Rio Red Wimbledon White Stripes 302 stroked to 331 Webers Richmond Road Race 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Cobra emblems on the nose and deck and AC center cap on steering wheel. Clutch and brake pedals with AC logo.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Grey/Silver BDR #688 342R
Not Ranked     
Cool AC pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
Cobra emblems on the nose and deck and AC center cap on steering wheel. Clutch and brake pedals with AC logo.
I'm anxiously waiting for my BDR688 and would love to know where I can get the AC pedals.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

The AC pedals:

http://www.finishlineaccessories.com...6e65917b528ba8
Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphSchmalph View Post
I'm anxiously waiting for my BDR688 and would love to know where I can get the AC pedals.
You can also get them from Whitby Motorcars. They offer them pre-machined for mounting, where the Finishline ones are "raw."
Old 06-09-2008, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw427 View Post
Quick questions, and I don't wanna get into the puttin no emblems on as a result of the Shelby leagle battles and other related Shelby issues with replicas.

But.... I really like the AC script, but also like the standard Cobra emblem. In a older book on Cobras, I saw there was a model one year labeled as a COB that had the AC script on the trunk, and the Cobra emblem on the nose, not sure what was on the steering wheel.

Has anyone else used both emblems on their car, and if so which one where and why? What are others thoughts on using both ? Kinda like using the AC to identify the Body/frame manufacture and the Cobra to identify the name of the car, like Ford - Mustang, AC - Cobra?

Just wondering I personaly have not seen both used on the same vehicle and will do what I like best in the end, but looking for thoughts and comments.

Jim
Some people use the AC steering wheel emblem, with the Cobra nose and trunk. I have never seen one with a different nose and trunk emblem, I would think it would look odd.

CSX3000 cars had Cobra nose and trunk, and on the steering wheel. Two different Cobra steering wheel emblems were used (black/silver and red/white/blue).

The COB/COX cars should have had all AC badges. Maybe Ron or Ned could chime in more on that.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP-216S Kirkham Street '66 428 PI
Not Ranked     

COB is a Right handed car delivered in Europe and COX is a Left handed euro car.
Because they were never sent to the us (CSX is Carroll Shelby Export). Rumor is that AC was miffed that Shelby removed all the AC badging (except the pedals) when they got to the US, so on their euro cars, that Shelby never touched, they used all their AC badges and no Shelby Cobra badges
Of course, over the years, owners added and deleted badging as they wanted, often to make sure there COB/COX cars were seen as "Shelbys".
Choose the badging to emulate any original car you find interesting or do it anyway you see fit cause back in the day it was all over the map.

Kurt
Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will have to check and see exactly what the Cobra was in the book I have, I am pretty sure it was a COB, and it showed the AC script emblem on the rear and a Cobra emblem on the nose. I was thinking of using the AC script on the rear and nose, and the Cobra emblem on the interior, since it is already there on the parts I have. Pretty much the opposite of the folks with the AC script on the steering wheel and pedals, and Cobra on the nose and rear.

Jim
Old 06-09-2008, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#499 351W with Webers
Not Ranked     

Ralph Schmalph,

Unless BDR has changed the pedals they use, your BDR should come standard with AC logos on the clutch and brake...Mine did (#499).

Gun Doc
Old 06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Grey/Silver BDR #688 342R
Not Ranked     
Default AC pedals

Thanks Gun Doc.
I'll give them a call at BDR re the pedals before I go further.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Doc View Post
Ralph Schmalph,

Unless BDR has changed the pedals they use, your BDR should come standard with AC logos on the clutch and brake...Mine did (#499).

Gun Doc
We now have custom pedals with the BDR logo on them.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #523, 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtmart View Post
Because they were never sent to the us (CSX is Carroll Shelby Export).
Whilst the "S" certainly stood for Shelby, the "C" denoted a C i.e. third series car. The first and second obviously being A and B. If I recall correctly, the first AC Aces' chassis numbers started with an "A" and the Bristol engined Aces' chassis numbers started with a "B". The Cobras were simply the next logical series and therefore, "C".

Paul
Old 06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421 351W
Not Ranked     

jimw427-If you can get your hands on a copy of Brian Labans book AC Cobra The Complete Story, you'll see that the only thing that is consistent about the badging from AC is their inconsistency! The prefix COB appears to be allocated to AC Cobras for UK consumption (mostly RHD) while to COX was assigned to AC Cobras for export (mostly to Europe, with LHD). Ole "39PH" the 1963 Le Mans AC Cobra fastback had the Cobra badge up front, AC badges on the abbreviated boot lid, steering wheel, and pedals. Same goes for "47 COB" (COX6011)an early, narrow hipped RHD 427 roadster, which started out a LHD Geneva show car! It appears things were very "fluid" back then; you either got what you ordered, or what they had on the shelf, that day!
Accountability...what accountability? Do what you want! You're probably OK in somebodies' book! I agree with Kurtmart.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Jim...go take a look at my photos...I put the AC Logo on front AND back! (AND on the steering wheel, AND on the top of the gear shift, AND on the door panels, and even on the switches...LOL http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...=&ppuser=26828 )

BUT, remember, I was in no way aiming for AUTHENTICITY, I just liked the script better than the Cobra logo badge..AND I am English, so there is a certain pride in the original...LOL

Glyn

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"

Last edited by GlynMeek; 06-09-2008 at 03:22 PM..
Old 06-09-2008, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2321
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
Same goes for "47 COB" (COX6011)an early, narrow hipped RHD 427 roadster, which started out a LHD Geneva show car! .
COX6011 is a leaf spring 289 Cobra not a 427. Coil spring AC's used 61xx while leaf spring cars used 60xx.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynMeek View Post
AND I am English, so there is a certain pride in the original...LOL

Glyn
Bloody hell! Shelby, put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Old 06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

I have the AC badges from Finishline. Good quality. I knew there was a reason why I never got around to installing the Cobra badges (besides being lazy). Want to have some fun? Try installing the AC badges a few hours after beer thirty. Is it crooked? Is it level? Who knows?!

Last edited by jmimac351; 06-09-2008 at 04:47 PM..
Old 06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

I have Finishlines nice AC pedals machined with torsion springs for them. It makes the pads swivel so they follow your foot through the pedal travel just like the originals. Also have any brake pedal arms or master cylinder parts you need. http://www.actoncustom.com
Old 06-10-2008, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the information, all of the help and assistance from this site is great, even for the silly little thinks like this.

Thanks..
Jim