Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 03:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     
Default Alignment specs

I own a WCC and I know it has Mustang II front end components, it seems to be in the need of slight alignmentfor caster, for it is pulling a tad to the right.

I found a Subaru deler in my town tht has the proper lift for my car that is flat and will not affect my side pipes as the conventional ramps do. They asked for the specs of the car so that they can be programmed into their alignment computer.

I was t a loss for I did not know what to give him, any ideas? Mustang II but what year? etc
Help please
Lou
Old 09-15-2012, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

i use 77-78 mustang II, but with some changes, those changes are different from car to car based on tires, ride height.

what gets changed?

depends, the guy doing the alignment will have to fudge it as he see's fit.

on my car the caster gets tweeked.

on the mustang II's the motor sat right on top of the crossmember, putting the weight farther front, on our design cars, the motor is rearward of the member.

with all that being said, do you still have the ford stamped steel control arms on yours? by now they are how old? and were they new or used when the car was built?

if you find out its pulling because it needs upper arm bushings or maybe a ball joint, it might be time for a suspension upgrade. get it checked, if this is the case email me i'll give you a place and part numbers for what you'll need. i did it to my car a few years ago, and just did it on a 1980 kellison 2 weeks ago, makes a big difference in handling...

Fred
Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CLASSIC ROADSTERS
Not Ranked     
Default Mustang II wheel align specs.

Send me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you a photocopy of the 74-78 Mustang II wheel alignment specs.
gokie@bex.net
Old 09-15-2012, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Blue/White strips
Not Ranked     

Hola Louis, me alegro de encontrar un espanol con una Cobra.
en 1976 he trabajado 10meses en Bilbao, Santander, Cabezon de la Sal donde aprendi espanol. Y ahora desde 10 anos vivo aqui en DENIA/Alicante como "semi retirado".

On my NAF with Mustang II Front Suspension the Alignement are:

Front Caster -0.5° / - 0.5°
Front Toe in 1/8" / in 1/8"

Rico
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2012, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
i use 77-78 mustang II, but with some changes, those changes are different from car to car based on tires, ride height.

what gets changed?

depends, the guy doing the alignment will have to fudge it as he see's fit.

on my car the caster gets tweeked.

on the mustang II's the motor sat right on top of the crossmember, putting the weight farther front, on our design cars, the motor is rearward of the member.

with all that being said, do you still have the ford stamped steel control arms on yours? by now they are how old? and were they new or used when the car was built?

if you find out its pulling because it needs upper arm bushings or maybe a ball joint, it might be time for a suspension upgrade. get it checked, if this is the case email me i'll give you a place and part numbers for what you'll need. i did it to my car a few years ago, and just did it on a 1980 kellison 2 weeks ago, makes a big difference in handling...

Fred
Hi Fred:
I have not touched the front suspension yet, I only noticed the slight pulling to the side, otherwise the handling has been normal. I will have the cr ligned on Monday I will know more if ball joints or bushings are needed. I will keep you posted.
Stay well bud
Lou
Old 09-15-2012, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
Send me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you a photocopy of the 74-78 Mustang II wheel alignment specs.
gokie@bex.net
I will send you a PM with my email.
Tks
Lou
Old 09-15-2012, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra 53 View Post
Hola Louis, me alegro de encontrar un espanol con una Cobra.
en 1976 he trabajado 10meses en Bilbao, Santander, Cabezon de la Sal donde aprendi espanol. Y ahora desde 10 anos vivo aqui en DENIA/Alicante como "semi retirado".

On my NAF with Mustang II Front Suspension the Alignement are:

Front Caster -0.5° / - 0.5°
Front Toe in 1/8" / in 1/8"

Rico
Hola Rico:
muchas gracias hombre por la informcion, el martes estare alineando el Cobra y te dejare saber como salgo. Tu suspension y la mia son virtualmente identicas. Cual es el fabricante de tu Cobra?
Saludos
Louis