23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks to everyone for a great 5+ years!

Wanted to thank everyone for the past 5+ years in the auto transportation business. It was more than a job for my brother Doug and I. It was a mission to get as many cool cars to as many of you as possible. Unfortunately, the high cost of fuel, all the government regulations and permits and everyday costs of doing business and staying on the road has made it impossible for us to continue financially. People have said, raise your prices. which is easy to say but hard to do and keep somewhat competitive with the big guys. Also too many delivery guys running in the grey area by not having all the permits, registrations and insurance so they can be the least expensive. Please beware of these guys! We prided ourselves on the fact that we did everything by the book and were legal, which meant your cars were much safer. We are keeping the corporation of Rich's Classic Transport alive so can get back in the game if the economy gets better. For now Doug is working for a local transport company hauling general freigth between terminals. For me, I am doing an owner/operator position with a local transportation company. Will be transporting meat from the midwest to CA and Texas and bring produce back to grocery warehouses in our region.
Again, Doug and I would like to thank all our loyal and good customers for their support and hope to be able to be back in the "cool" car transportation business again. Your friend, Richard Lacy
Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Thanks, Rich. Best of luck to you and your brother in your future endeavors!

-Dean
Old 09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, Southern Automotive 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Rich:
Thanks for all the work you have done for me. Heck, you have hauled my stuff twice (cobra & motorbikes). I know if I ever need any haulin done again, I am calling you up to see if I can get you out of retirement! That is one heck of a cool trailer you have!

Khan
Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good luck Rich. Hope you make it back to the world of cool cars. Thanks for the great service when you delivered mine.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley 460 cu
Not Ranked     

Good Luck, Rich
Thanks for your great service
Howard
Old 09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sorry you won't get a chance to haul my ERA Rich, it would have made me proud to be among that group you call 'customers'. I'm gonna miss the great stories and pictures of your legendary transports around the country.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR
Not Ranked     

This is sad that a business can't compete because they do everything right(insurance permits etc.) legitimately and these other dirt bags skirt the regs and get away with it.

We as consumers need to stop going with the lowest price and shop around for the best in quality and appropriate credentials.

Rich never had the opportunity to use your services,but good luck to you and your brother in your future endeavors.

Marc.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rich;
Weve been buddies for a long time....even since shell valley days. Good luck. Hope to see you again soon!!
Mike Bell
Old 09-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

My best, Rich, to you and Doug.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 557
Not Ranked     

Rich, you may or may not recall delivering a Kirkham to me here in Topeka last February. My wife and I really enjoyed making your acquaintence, however briefly. We knew instantly that you were Good People!

Wish you luck in your future endeavors and hope to see you down the road.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Rich, All of the best to you and your brother. Thanks for great service and thanks for the cook outs in the back of your car hauler at Carlisle!!! John Chesnut