23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates,SBF 357
Not Ranked     

I am retired, but manage a small city operated General Avation Airport for something to do, and my cobra still gets a lot of use. Will soon put away for winter months. It gets cold here in Iowa.

Last edited by sharpe 1; 10-10-2008 at 05:32 PM..
Old 10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra Serial #1425, 2007 SHELBY MUSTANG GT500, 2000 Cobra R #15
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I am just waiting for the vintage Shelby Mustangs to drop in price already so I can buy one for the 2002 price of $40,000.00, not $100,000.00.

It will happen.

People will need to liquidate assets to save their homes and pay their credit cards.

Just waiting patiently.

MM
Old 10-10-2008, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

The sinking economy over the past few years caused me to get into 6 figure debt to keep my business alive, hoping I'd be able to get through it. I didn't. Closed the shop down two months ago and still am in 6 figure debt. Currently rent a house here in FL, which is fine by me because I actually feel better paying rent than forking over interest to some scumbag mortgage company.

I could sell my Cobra (and maybe a few other things) and be out of debt. I won't do it.

I told my wife we'd be living in a box on the side of the road before I sell the Cobra.

She agreed.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 10-10-2008, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra Serial #1425, 2007 SHELBY MUSTANG GT500, 2000 Cobra R #15
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
The sinking economy over the past few years caused me to get into 6 figure debt to keep my business alive, hoping I'd be able to get through it. I didn't. Closed the shop down two months ago and still am in 6 figure debt. Currently rent a house here in FL, which is fine by me because I actually feel better paying rent than forking over interest to some scumbag mortgage company.

I could sell my Cobra (and maybe a few other things) and be out of debt. I won't do it.

I told my wife we'd be living in a box on the side of the road before I sell the Cobra.

She agreed.
I feel very bad for you.

I am an Engineer and own the firm. I could retire at 39.

I am 46 and have never made so much money in my life.

I am in Canada, and the economy is booming. The past 5 yeas have been crazy.

I only work 10-4 Monday thru Friday. Work is a hobby, fun.

Canada is very conservative and have banking controls in place.

I do not see any slowdown here.

God Bless.

MM
Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

What i really wish is that I had a mattress full of cash so I could ENTER the market. 2nd best thing might be to sell the Cobra, buy into the market (in blue chips (apple, GE, Abbott) that have slid due to no fault of performance but just caught in the vortex of the financial crash) and sit for 5-7 years while that money doubles. Then get another Cobra and be ahead of the game.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

For some, it's the one item that we would keep, and getting rid of everything else first that could be replaced, before the Cobra goes. Occasional therapy drives during stressful or depressing times can be priceless.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary with 482 KC/SO, TKO600,IRS Jag/AMP, 3.54 Salisbury PL,
Not Ranked     

When you think of all the troubles you go through all day long, the ones affecting you directly and the ones you see others going through, why would you want to get rid of the only medicine which can make you forget all that?
Get into your Cobra , blip the throttle a few times to enjoy the sound of power, find an empty country road, accelerate it full through the gears so all your troubles get pushed to the back of your brain, let it powersteer through the corners and feel lucky to have such a fantastic toy.
If I look around my home, I see that I have everything a man would want to have, and that is probably not as much as many more consumer oriented guys have, I come to think that the only thing I need to buy for the rest of my life is food, gasoline and shoes.
So look around and see what you really do not need and sell all that. If you finally have to get rid of your Cobra you are really in trouble.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf1266 460,TKO,titanium/black stripes
Not Ranked     

I'll agree with my Cobra being the perfect therapy for the blues. Whenever I'm feeling down about something all I have to do is open my garage door and take at look at my Cobra and the depression starts to melt away. I hop in the car and turn the key, it fires with that sidepipe rumble and a smile appears on my face everytime. Better than drugs!
1967 Pontiac GTO Ram Air
1962 Thunderbird Conv.
1991 Mustang GT Built
Old 10-11-2008, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 165 392 Ford Crate 430HP
Not Ranked     

Think we have problems now, lets just hope the printing presses don't break down or we run out of ink...wait they could use our blood for that.. Cobra replicas even the cheap one's will increase in price to over $100,000 but will actually be worth $10,000 of today's dollars due to the worthless paper.. I have 100% confidence in most Americans ability to pull themselves out of the hole given a fair shake unfortunately we have a bunch of idiots in office who unless they have had their head up their arss's knew this was coming a long time ago, I wonder if they pulled out early and left us with this baby, it would be interesting to look over their financial records including stock trades, lets start with Barney's. Throwing figures of Trillions around scares the **** out of me, I had to take my shoes off to count that high.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom 427sc
Not Ranked     

I agree with you guys, just got back from a beautiful early morning drive here in ct where its around 60 degrees right now and close to 70 later- awesome weather for here. Afer realizing we are stuck here in ct for another year cause of this mess i went for a quick ride passing our local Mobil station full trottle in second gear. I know alot of faces smiled as i went by-- maybe there happier to!!
joeg
Old 10-11-2008, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I''ll agree with my Cobra being the perfect therapy for the blues. Whenever I'm feeling down about something all I have to do is open my garage door and take at look at my Cobra and the depression starts to melt away. I hop in the car and turn the key, it fires with that sidepipe rumble and a smile appears on my face everytime.
BETTER THAN ANYTHING! ..................................(BECAUSE IT CAN BE FIXED!)

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 10-11-2008 at 01:18 PM..
Old 10-11-2008, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

The reality is once you sign the papers , it's yours. If your economic times are good, thats great. If economic terms go bad in general, you will have a terrible time selling at any reasonalbe price, so what would that achive? These are the things most ( thinking ) people would've thought about when considering this type of purchase. Nothing about a Cobra replica even approaches practicle. Unless a person had a crystal ball and knew ahead of time when his time was going to be up. I understand a persons health going bad, desires changing, My times were bad when gasoline prices were high, they are getting better. My retirement is now not even on the horizon. My use of the Cobra is a little less often but getting rid of it, isn't even a consideration.