Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Working on This
Not Ranked     
Default Wscb 2009?

I was just starting to look forward to May, actually sending e-mail to my son in Los Angeles to remind him to save the dates, and discovered much to my disappointment that WSCB is not happening this year.

Does anybody know what happened?

Thanks,

Bob
Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superformance/427 fe ford
Not Ranked     

cancalled, but wait, there is more. now it will be held with the mini nats on the thursday before. july 2 2009 thunderhill
Old 01-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Close, but new and different.

FALSE: But very closely related

The Western States Cobra Bash (WSCB) ended in 2008, and was the last year as we knew it in Sparks/Reno Nevada. It was fun, and that's done.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

CR - Cobra Roundup, consisting of many of the same people that ran and instructed track day at WSCB will be putting on a track day in a completely different city, at a completely different location at a very nice track. There will be some after-track-day happenings going on... See the website for more details and updates. John can fill you in on the details, just send him an email.

see www.Cobraroundup.com

Last edited by decooney; 01-15-2009 at 09:01 PM..
Old 01-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Yes Bob,

Sad but true. The Bash was great while it lasted but who can say what the future holds

I am continuing the Track Day event and basically in the same format held at WSCB, but now known as Cobra Roundup, Inc. This year we are having our track event at Thunderhill Raceway on Thursday, July 2. If you are interested please email me at: john@cobraroundup.com and I’ll be happy to fill you in.

Take care and talk soon, John

Last edited by jmarsey; 01-15-2009 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Hey John,

I responded after people started sending private messages asking what was going on. Thanks for jumping in and replying. D
Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: west Coast Cobra FRP 460, Tremec 5 sp, Ford 9" rear
Not Ranked     

Is there any chance for a 2010 WSCB ? I was really looking forward to going to one of these events as it sounded like the perfect setting for one. What happened ?

Thanks in advance
Brent
Old 01-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default WSCB then and WSCG now!

No chance for WSCB 2010 but we have been doing the Western States Cobra Group yearly (smaller gig) along the Pacific Coast Highway (CH1) the past two years. I'm sort of investigating something else a bit different once again for this year if it comes together. Should know something more in a few weeks. Nothing for sure, we'll see.

The short answer to your question is the economy started taking a hit, many of the stars were no longer lining up, a few of the core team members had to move on and less desire to put it together again in large-scale format for several different logistical and risk reasons. A few of us who attended every year also came to a concensus we had all sort of "been there done that" and looking for yet another discovery and compelling reason to pull it together like it was. As it turned out, was a very smart and timely decision for the time period. We let WSCB (as we knew it) go out with a bang, at its peak!

Many from the 1st-year founding WSCB participants still keep in touch from time to time and do a smaller 50-car gig at different places every few years. Keeping an open eye and discussing some ideas right now looking for yet another twist to do.

Last edited by decooney; 01-08-2010 at 09:00 PM..
Old 01-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Do you post the dates for your CH1 run?

Our vaction plan this year is to leave Seattle on July 9th and arrive in Lake Tahoe on July 11th. We have a large house rented there for a family gathering on my wife's side. We leave Lake Tahoe on the 18th and will drive over that day to San Luis Obispo. Will spend one night there and then spend the next couple weeks driving the coast route back home.

If you have something planned in that two week time period let me know. Maybe we could join you.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'm sort of investigating something else a bit different once again for this year if it comes together. Should know something more in a few weeks. Nothing for sure, we'll see.
Duane, great tease! CH1 was so much fun, can't wait to hear your new plans. Dates ASAP would be helpful.
Matt
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w

Last edited by MFE III; 01-09-2010 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: senior moment
Old 01-13-2010, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default New Reno Cobra event for 2010

I have heard that there are plans for a Cobra themed event on June 11-13, 2010 in Reno. Details a bit sketchy at this time but I am sure there will be a Post once they have their $hit together.

I will let you know when I know.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Matt,
Agreed, it seems a lot of people had fun at CH1, and doing something different near the cooler coast was definitely nice for many of us that needed to get out of the HEAT!

Update on WSCG & CH1:
This weekend I plan to meet with a sample group up here in NorCal Cobras for breakfast to get some feedback on an alternate plan to what we did for CH1 the past two years. Early feedback is saying to keep CH1 as it was and possibly doing this other idea as a standalone gig one month earlier. The weather/temps will be the deciding input factor for the alternate.

As soon as something either materializes in either direction, I plan to send a message out through the WSCG member site first. One thing is for sure, we won't be near the desert on this one, or not for this year that is.