Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance - Mild 351
Not Ranked     
Default With Sadness, Death Announced - Daniel Bonyhadi

Long-time Club Cobra supporter, Cobra owner and wonderful "car guy" Daniel Bonyhadi passed away on Saturday 21 March in Fresno, California, a result of an accidental gunshot wound. He is survived by his loving wife, Lorna.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Very sorry to hear of this tragic accident. My thoughts go out to Daniel's family and his friends in the Central Valley Cobra club.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 03-22-2009, 08:10 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug cords View Post
Long-time Club Cobra supporter, Cobra owner and wonderful "car guy" Daniel Bonyhadi

He also had a wonderful sense of humor.

He will be missed.

God Bless Daniel & Lorna.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

I have been friends with Daniel since our meeting in Ohio at the Double Venom Spring Fling and we emailed almost daily even though he bought a Ford GT. My sincere condolences to his wife Lorna and his family, rest in piece Daniel.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14616

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14614

DANIEL S. BONYHADI
EURODRINKS LTD.
2555 WEST BLUFF AVENUE suite 105
FRESNO,CAL. 93711
TEL: 559 246 7943

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Last edited by CobraDan; 03-23-2009 at 03:46 AM..
Old 03-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This is terrible news. Daniel and I have know each other for several years and have kept in close contact. I am going to miss him and his e-mails and chats on the phone.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-24-2009, 04:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     

This is very sad news. I met Daniel at one of the early DVSF events in London. I rode shotgun with him at the first two Ford GT National Rallies. He was a very smart and generous person with a great sense of humor.
He will be missed by many.
May God rest his soul.

Jeff Burgy
Old 03-24-2009, 06:22 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Well said Jeff, well said.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

http://www.legacy.com/fresnobee/Obit...onId=125428948

Daniel Bonyhadi
Dan Bonyhadi died accidentally on Saturday, March 21, 2009. He was born on Halloween, in 1947, at Berkeley, California, although the place and date of his birth never seemed to affect his personal and life values. He was the only son of Irvin and Helen (Goldberg) Bonyhadi, immigrants from Europe who came to the United States, in 1940, to escape the Holocaust.
After a long career in the wine and beverage industry, Dan came to Fresno, in 1990, to manage a local beer distributor. After a turn as its chief executive, Dan launched his own wine brokerage business and achieved great success in that endeavor.
Dan and Lorna were proud to be part of the Fresno community and seriously fulfilled their self-imposed obligations to improve Fresno, and the World. Dan was an indefatigable worker on behalf of many worthy causes and organizations including, Hinds Hospice, Rotary International, the Boys and Girls Club's, Police and Fire Chief Foundations and Make-a-Wish. He was a tireless contributor of his time, money, wine, cigars and other goodies to many worthy causes. He undertook trips to Uganda to work on improving food and water supplies and one to Ecuador, to deliver wheelchairs to the handicapped. He was an American patriot who dearly loved America, and an ardent supporter of Israel.
Dan lived life to the fullest with unlimited zeal for many of the finer things in life: fine food and wines, cigars, travel and fast cars. He was an accomplished pilot and competitive driver who had raced cars and boats. He had extensive knowledge, curiosity and collections of cars, wine and cigars. His generosity, personality, friendship, sense of humor and care for the less fortunate all greatly improved those who had the good fortune to know and work with him.
He is survived by Lorna, his wife of 36 years; numerous cousins; and a great many friends from his business, his passions and Rotary.
A Celebration of Dan's life will be held at the Dante Club, 6176 N. Grantland Ave., in Fresno, Ca., 93711, on Thursday, March 26, 2009, at 10:30 a.m.
In lieu of flowers please consider a contribution in Dan's memory to Hinds Hospice, 1616 W. Shaw, A-5, Fresno, 93711, or Fig Garden Rotary Foundation, Permanent Fund, P.O. Box 9234, Fresno, Ca., 93791. LISLE FUNERAL HOME 1605 'L' Street Fresno, Ca. (559)266-0666

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default I remember him

I met Dan at the first or second spring fling. He was a good man. Did he lose a ton of weight. The pictures posted here look like 1/2 of the Dan I remember???

________
Old 03-24-2009, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Wow, what a shock. I haven't visited this forum in a while, decided to look in today, and this is the first topic I see. I hadn't spoken to Dan in a long time but back when I was a much more active poster I always enjoyed his input. I never had the pleasure of meeting him personally and I know I'm the poorer for that. My sincere condolences to his family.

Bob
Old 03-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Bob,

Yes, he lost some weight. He told me he felt better and it sure made it a lot easier in the GT. Daniel was opinionated and a lot of people didn't like that and he and I had some disagreements but we always talked them out and whichever of us was wrong would apologize and then it was forgotten. I for one will miss him very much and I really don't care who on here knows it.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

This very sad and tragic news was posted on the Ford GT forum the other day. Dan was a great guy, a great American and patriot and an ardent supporter of Israel. He was a friend.

He supported numerous charities also.

He will be missed. My heart goes out to his family.

For those that want to they can make donations to the listed charities he suppoerted in Dan's name as a jesture of support and thought.

Those charities are listed at www.fordgtforum.com
Old 03-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Some of us spent one hell of a lot more time (good and bad) with Bony over the years in person than via the internet or a few events. Sometimes these overblown online wakes make it a bit tough on folks who really knew someone who has passed.

His passing is indeed tragic. Lorna is a great lady and in our thoughts.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Didn't know the guy but did realize he was a legend on the Ford GT forum whenever I lurked over there. This is sad...prayers to his family.

-Dean