9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2006, 02:17 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Quarter mile

Here is a link to download a video of my recent drag competition in Chambley, France:
http://rapidshare.de/files/19417339/..._2006.mpg.html
Old 05-02-2006, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Autocraft U.K
Not Ranked     

Hi "France",
good run - what time did you run?

Can form Germany
Old 05-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra MK IV
Hi "France",
good run - what time did you run?

Can form Germany
With normal street tires and trying not to break the "index": 13.01s on an old airport surface.
Speed: 198 km/hr at the end of quarter mile.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 with 373's
Not Ranked     

198 km/hr , I think that works out to be like 450 mph ... right? I never could figure out the metric system.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff priest
198 km/hr , I think that works out to be like 450 mph ... right? I never could figure out the metric system.
approx 122mph
Old 05-02-2006, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hey Jeff, I'm wit' youse-----can anyone name a country employing the metric system which has won a war (while on the metric system)? Ever? Leave out England----a) it (co)-won the War and, b) at the time was still on the Old Blighty system of "statute" measurements. That leaves Italy, Germany, and Japan. No problems, eh? I have noticed that most of the yogurt-eaters in Taxachusetts are busy converting their little future Yuppies to metric AND demanding that they learn (or be taught) some furrin lingo. Circle the wagons. It seems that, the more privileged and genetically/educationally predisposed to making big bux these pinkoes are, the more likely they are to abhor the society which makes them rich.

Nonetheless: Msr. Bourret----Kudos, et, vraiment, vous avez une automobile tres belle ET rapide! Marveilleux. Encroyable. Vraiment! J'ais visite la Belle France duex temps, et aime votre pais vraiment (especialment Paris, Chamonix et les provinces du nord). I was last there 2 years ago (2004). Would go again at the drop of un chapeau. Above all, I enjoy France because I can assail xenophobic Parisiens with my ABOMINABLE French accent (which is actually worse than my written version, if you can imagine that)! Ar-ar. Et alors, mon ami, How 'Bout Les Trois Stooges? Bonchance, Msr., et congratulations.

Chow (gotta keep up my 21-stone weight!!!)! Yippa-dang.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC 427
Not Ranked     

Fred,England by the way is not using the metric system.........
Old 05-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

122 mph trap speed should put you in the low 12's, if not 11's. The high rear gear is of course making the 'launch' slower than normal. But that is also saving the drive train from breaking! 2.5 seconds or more I would guess for the 0-60ft time.

The high trap speed, 122 mph, is a statement of the horse power the car makes, it keeps pulling strong after it gets rolling.

11.90 at 121 mph, 2.1 second 60 ft time. HIGH geared as well, shift into 2nd at 65 mph, barely shift into 4th right at the line.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Douglass
Hey Jeff, I'm wit' youse-----can anyone name a country employing the metric system which has won a war (while on the metric system)? Ever? Leave out England----a) it (co)-won the War and, b) at the time was still on the Old Blighty system of "statute" measurements. That leaves Italy, Germany, and Japan. No problems, eh? I have noticed that most of the yogurt-eaters in Taxachusetts are busy converting their little future Yuppies to metric AND demanding that they learn (or be taught) some furrin lingo. Circle the wagons. It seems that, the more privileged and genetically/educationally predisposed to making big bux these pinkoes are, the more likely they are to abhor the society which makes them rich.

Nonetheless: Msr. Bourret----Kudos, et, vraiment, vous avez une automobile tres belle ET rapide! Marveilleux. Encroyable. Vraiment! J'ais visite la Belle France duex temps, et aime votre pais vraiment (especialment Paris, Chamonix et les provinces du nord). I was last there 2 years ago (2004). Would go again at the drop of un chapeau. Above all, I enjoy France because I can assail xenophobic Parisiens with my ABOMINABLE French accent (which is actually worse than my written version, if you can imagine that)! Ar-ar. Et alors, mon ami, How 'Bout Les Trois Stooges? Bonchance, Msr., et congratulations.

Chow (gotta keep up my 21-stone weight!!!)! Yippa-dang.
My accent is also very bad when I speak English (like my text).But it is the best way to communicate.
I need luck indeed since this coming week end I go for a drag event in the south of France (640 km, sorry: 400 miles from Paris).

Last edited by BOURRET; 05-03-2006 at 01:16 AM..
Old 05-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber
122 mph trap speed should put you in the low 12's, if not 11's. The high rear gear is of course making the 'launch' slower than normal. But that is also saving the drive train from breaking! 2.5 seconds or more I would guess for the 0-60ft time.

The high trap speed, 122 mph, is a statement of the horse power the car makes, it keeps pulling strong after it gets rolling.

11.90 at 121 mph, 2.1 second 60 ft time. HIGH geared as well, shift into 2nd at 65 mph, barely shift into 4th right at the line.
You are right, my 0-60 time is fairly bad.It is between 2.06 and 2.5 with normal standard road tires (Michelin Sport Pilot 285/40/17)
But according to our french drag regulations, If I want to race in the 12 sec class(or faster), my Cobra should be equipped with a FULL cage ( not only the classic single roll bar) which would make it ugly. So, I run in a slower class and it is the reason why I loose sometimes because I break easily my time index for my class and then loose by disqualification.
It is very sad to have to race "quietly" with a Cobra full of power.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Multiply the mph by 1.6
or multiply the km by 0.6 makes a good approximation.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:33 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

Hey there Freddie,

I few years ago I was preparing to export ethyl alcohol to the US from Canada so I visited US Customs to make sure that I had everything straight, all my "I's" dotted, all my "T's" properly crossed (as you say "Ar, Ar, Arrrr") One of the questions I had was what should I use as units of measure; pounds, US gallons, Imp. gallons, etc. I was very surprised when I was told that either litres or kgs would be fine as US Customs work in the metric system. While it wasn't explained why this is so, I imagine they do that since most of the world is now on the metric system and it makes sense to be standardized for international trade purposes.

By the way, the metric system is a pain when you are not used to it but it is a very easy to use once you understand it. I think that almost all cars are now being built using metric fasteners. Also look at tire sizes, the width is now expressed in mm. It works but it does take time to get used to it.

One final point, I can speak French fluently but I have difficulty reading it and I find that it is impossible to write in that language.

Bourret, nice car. Good times. Must be fun trying to get the power down with 285's on the rear.

Wayne
Old 05-03-2006, 05:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I was running in the 12's, when I broke into the 11's they kicked me off the track!