Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-14-2012, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Where to Insulate ??????

Getting ready to insulate inside with a fiberglass tub....is behind the seats on the rear wall and in the trunk nessary ? The front firewall, floors and tunnel will be done am I really missing an area thats needs it?
Jon
Old 09-14-2012, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

I would add behind the seats/rear wall for sure, and if you have enough you could also do the trunk, but it's not a necessity. Are you doing the doors ?
Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique&Collectible 392 stroked
Not Ranked     

I used lizzard skin and sprayed the whole interior section and it seems to be working great
Old 09-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

Jon:
I did not do the area behind the seats because I wanted as much room as possible.
I also did not do the trunk. Both areas only have carpet.
I did insulate all surfaces of the footboxes, half the floor and the tunnel.
I did not do the floor under the seats.
I guess, it is what you feel you need to insulate.
If you are thinking to insulate against the heat, then what I did was about all you need to do.
If you are insulating against road noise, let me tell you that the NOISE coming out of the sidepipes no more than a couple feet from your ears, will be louder than any road noise.
Jim
Old 09-14-2012, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2119
Not Ranked     

I used Dynomat and did behind the set, foot boxes, tunnel,under the seats and even the small panel in the door. Boxes and tunnel was primarily for heat the doors and rear were done to create a solid feel. When my door closes it goes THUNK. I am sure it helps with road noise but withthe pipes who can tell.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bennett Cobra
Not Ranked     

Jon:

The fiberglass will provide some insulation but I would be most concerned with the areas of the footboxes near the headers. Without insulation, you will have a built in heater for your feet and legs. Since I live in the California Central Valley we have plenty of summer heat so I didn't want my shoes melting. This is what I did but I have aluminum foot boxes and interior panels:

1. Double walled the front and engine side of the foot boxes (Kevlar/foil backed insulation sandwiched between the two layers of aluminum)
2. Installed Dynamat Extreme to all the interior panels including the firewall

My car can be driven comfortably in the summer and I even crusie in summer parades with shorts. In my opinion, a little time and money spent on insulation will avoid ripping out the interior and doing it again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: