Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1795

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Leaning towards the A&C Cobra Kit

I've been looking the A&C kit for a few years now. I'm looking for alittle more info on there base kit. Does it come with the manual Rack and Pinion and front Spindles or do I need to pick these up from a auto parts store. I do know that I will go with the Gel Coat and alot of other upgrades but I dont know if I should get everything at once or as I need it. Any and All advice is welcome. Thanks
Old 02-09-2014, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique and Collectible Autos 408w
Not Ranked     

I went with the quick start about 5 years ago. I ordered the body a few weeks ago. the kit doesn't come with the spindles or rack but they are readily available. I liked the idea of not having to buy everything at once. You can pretty much build the car with any components you want. Click on my name and look at my gallery. Pm me if you have any questions. Richie
Old 02-09-2014, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thats good to know about the spindles and rack. The only issue for me is I live in Iowa. So making one trip to get the body, frame and any other larger parts and then having the rest shipped to me. Thanks for the advice. Im six months to a year out from ordering. I need to make alittle more room in the garage and save alittle more $$$.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C (near future)-460
Not Ranked     

Hey M&A - Glad to see you looking @ A&C - I've searched for a long time and ended going with A&C. I started the quick start like rcobrakit did about 4 years ago. I have most of the frame and suspension about done along with the engine installed. I should be able to fire the engine in about one month.
A&C is good quality - wait till you see the welds on the frame - build strong - I have also read that their bodies are among the strongest out there.
Check out my pics - I have a lot more to upload sometime. Good luck!
PJ
Old 03-08-2014, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Antiques and Collectibles were doing fiberglass work for corvettes and other cars long before they started making cobras. Their fiberglass work is very nice.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default A&C Cobra

I have a 67 Cobra by A&C and I can attest that it is a quality build car. I have never had any problems since I bought it. I did not build the car but everywhere I go people comment on how good it looks and how original it looks. I have the blue with gray stripes.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

M&A Cobra
Great choice, the best part is the body, no body prep, no painting, no expense, buff, polish and wax.
Thirteen years and it still looks great.
Jim
Old 03-16-2014, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default A&c

I've built two cobras,you won't be disappointed. Joe is great to work with, the car assembles very easily. I have taken mine on 400 mile trips in a day,drive it 12 months a year( live in NJ) .....
What motor do you want to put in it?
Jon
Old 03-18-2014, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Im a Chevy guy. Im looking at putting in a ATK-383 stroker crate motor with a TKO600 trans. The reason for the small block is cost. Plus it's setup at 500hp and 515ft-lbs torque.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Any ideas for a good rear end gear ratio. Im looking at the TKO600 with a 0.64:1 5th Gear. This car wont be a drag or street racer. Its more a of driver.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Go to secondstrike.com and take a look at the gearing calculator. It will let you run through scenarios for gearing based upon wheel size and transmissions. With the .64 overdrive you will be hard pressed to use anything less than a 3.73 rear end. Otherwise you will not be able to get into 5th gear until about 70 miles per hour. Not very useful.
SPF1061 likes this.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

Have you thought about Hurricane Motorsports? Don't know if they do phased kits, but they are at least in your State.
http://www.hurricane-motorsports.com/default.asp
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 03-19-2014, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique and Collectible Autos 408w
Not Ranked     

I am using the tko600 with the same ratio you are thinking of. I went with 3.70 gears with the 9''. a@c supplies you with the narrowed housing and axles.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I know Hurricane Motorsports is Ia. The thing I like about the A&C is the Gel Coat finish. I dont think Hurricane has that option yet. (1795) thanks for the link to secondstrike.com. The 3.73 gear is the one im going to be using.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

I like the gel coat finish, and Antique & Collectables makes a good product, I built one of there Jaguar SS-100 replicas with the Mustang II running gear. My concern is that the frame while very rigid front to back but twisting it is a "flexi flyer" like almost all with the straight axle. Just a design compromise .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: