Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-19-2014, 09:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Exterior Side view mirror

Can anyone tell me if the A&C extrior mirror ($60) is the same model as the Finishline one that sells for $40?

My glass fell out and broke and I need to replace the entire mirror I fear... I would rather have one that aligns perfectly with the holes already there!

Thanks!!
Old 08-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnkk View Post
Can anyone tell me if the A&C extrior mirror ($60) is the same model as the Finishline one that sells for $40?

My glass fell out and broke and I need to replace the entire mirror I fear... I would rather have one that aligns perfectly with the holes already there!

Thanks!!
If all you need is the mirror, consider an upgrade to a slightly convex, optical quality piece of glass. Of all the different "tweaks" I've done to my car, putting in the slightly convex mirror is at the top when it comes to making the car more drivable in traffic. A Replacement Convex Mirror that Really Works

Note: the stick on convex mirrors that you get in the auto parts store are better than nothing, but they are "too convex," and make things appear to be much farther back than they really are. The lightly convexed glass that you get on many high end european models is a huge improvement when driving a Cobra.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
If all you need is the mirror, consider an upgrade to a slightly convex, optical quality piece of glass. Of all the different "tweaks" I've done to my car, putting in the slightly convex mirror is at the top when it comes to making the car more drivable in traffic. A Replacement Convex Mirror that Really Works

Note: the stick on convex mirrors that you get in the auto parts store are better than nothing, but they are "too convex," and make things appear to be much farther back than they really are. The lightly convexed glass that you get on many high end european models is a huge improvement when driving a Cobra.
Thanks, but how would that attach? ...everything on the inside is gone.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thanks, but how would that attach? ...everything on the inside is gone.
So this piece, which sits "inside" the outer shell of the mirror, and rotates/adjusts inside that outer shell, and which is held in place by one big screw that comes in from the front of the mirror, is all gone?

Last edited by patrickt; 10-26-2016 at 08:40 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here it is...
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's all there. Just follow my instructions in the thread I included above and you'll need to order the convex mirror. I can't tell if the little white gasket that goes around the circumference is still in good condition on your photo or not. If it isn't, then order one of those as well, or fabricate it (it's really nothing more than a plastic coated wire thingy). Note that in my thread there are posts from others saying that you can get the glass from a cheaper source than where I got it -- that might be a good option. Having the convex mirror is really nice. It's very common in Europe, but I believe the US has a DOT rule that prevents their use on the driver side (another dumb rule).
Old 08-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Here's How These Mirrors Go Together...

Last edited by patrickt; 10-26-2016 at 08:40 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I dont have the cork you have nor do I think I have the spring?!? Just a metal disk...

Also, i assume the gasket goes around he nubs on the rim of the mirror and the mirror glass on top of that?
Old 08-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I dont have the cork you have nor do I think I have the spring?!? Just a metal disk...

Also, i assume the gasket goes around he nubs on the rim of the mirror and the mirror glass on top of that?
I believe Aardvark sold that as well for a couple of dollars -- easily fabricatable though. It's just a light spring and some cork. It just helps to reduce vibration. I siliconed down the little white gasket, which was really nothing more than a 16 or 18 gauge white insulated wire. I then siliconed down the mirror to it. I did use the floss to compress the spring and cork inside the mirror. After the silicone dried I just released the floss and the spring and cork then pressed out against the mirror.

There are a couple of nice reasons for doing this: 1) The mirror fits your car holes perfectly (because it's the same mirror); 2) The convex mirror is absolutely phenomenal; and 3) You've transformed a cheap $50 knockoff in to a $400 Talbot for one eighth the price it costs to buy one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: