Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2004, 02:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

I had seriously thought about using Trigo's FIA wheel on my 289--then after searching for every pic. I could find for semi-street FIAs I decided I really like the look of the Torq Thrust wheels--so that's what I got--and ordered Terry's center caps to sort of replicate the Originals Halibrand style D.
BTW--Vintage Wheels makes some great looking wheels in the style available in larger wheel size for the rear--17/18" I think
Old 02-05-2004, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been on vacation in Europe. If you want a vew at larger wheels, go to my gallery. Although by the sounds of what your wheel budget appears to be these specific wheels may be a bit high for your project. Mine are Halibrand replicas custom produced by Compomotive. The fronts are 17"x8" and the rears are 17"x12". I do not remember the offsets, but the rears have the hubs centered in the rims for about a 5" dish in the rear. I used 255/?? in the front and 315/35 in the rear. It has 25" of rubber to the ground in the rear and this is the absolute most rubber you can put on an A&C without protruding out of the wells. Both front and rear are flush with the fender flares. PNJSNAK has seen mine in person and I'll let him comment on the appearance of the wheel size combo, but to me it is just about right except next time I would go with maybe a little taller tire like a 45 series instead of the 35 series.

John
Old 02-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

Jerry: If you are ever in Ft.Wayne, IN taking the time to see John's Cobra, it is time well spent. Very nice, VERY nice!!! Can't believe the deal he got and and how his ride turned out. The wheels and tires are something. I thought my 295's were alot of meat in the back, but 315's, incredible.
I thought I'd just stop in and say Hi and check out his ride. What 3 hours later I said good nite?
By the way John also has a John York Motor. Speaking of that John did you dress up the motor this winter. March serpentine pulley set and stainless braided hose, wasn't that what you were planning?
John, by the way we now have an A & C Forum to spend time in here on CC.
John, did you make my set of roll bar stainless cover plates, like yours yet? I need them, bad!!!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John P: By the way I need two sets for both my roll bars!!!!
Jim
Old 02-06-2004, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,
Cobie has spent the winter in a deep sleep storage at a friends house since late October so I have done nothing yet. I am planning on bringing him home sometime in March and starting some of the upgrades. I've spent all of my time working on the house preparing it for our 2 new arrivals my wife and I are adopting from Russia, that is where we were at last week. We are scheduled to go again in mid February to bring them home.

Any way to answer your questions, I have not done any dress ups yet but that is some of my plans as well as front brakes, fuel system, need to finish my rear suspension upgrade to adjustable, kickdown assembly for the C6, electric fan upgrade, 1 piece oil pan gasket, the list goes on and on. In other words, I have a lot to do yet.

As far as your roll bar trim rings, I have the templates made but just need to make the actual pieces. I am glad you mentioned you need 2 sets as I had forgotten you had the dual hoops. Let's keep in touch from time to time so I get them completed for you before Spring.

I'll see if I can find the CC A&C forum and check it out.

By the way, Thank you for the kind words. Most of the time it's hard to see the positive side of what the outcome is, I've been so focused on the things that still need upgraded. I am really excited to get him home to start some of the projects.

Thanks again.
John
Old 02-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John: heh, that's great about adopting. What's it like in those orphanages over in Russia? Or is it a private agency? Good luck with all that.
Let me know when you finished the rings. No problem with my comments. I really liked the job you did on your ride. I am jealous with the paint the interior the toneau cover, the wheels, the tires, the body fit. Now, get going on dressing up the engine area.
Talk to you soon.
Jim
Old 02-09-2004, 03:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,

The orphanages are pretty clean but very aged. They are probably unlike anything here in the states. It is more like a 24 hour day car, they have music & dance classes and are very structured. The one we went to is split into a few different age groups. Russia is pretty cool also although I wouldn't recommend going there on vacation without a guide that speaks the language. Luckily, we're working through a very well orchastrated agency based out of Pheonix, Arizona and we were never alone and always had a driver to cart us around.

As soon as I get my act together here in the Fort in a few weeks, I'll get the rings made and then contact you for delivery. If by the middle to end of March you don't hear from me regarding this just bump me a PM or something 'cause I may have forgotten, I am sure that we'll be in major disorder after the kids are home. I am still hoping that it doesn't interfere too much with the project though, we'll see.

Thanks again for your compliments.

John