Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2004, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to TheSaint71
Not Ranked     
Default Who all owns A*C replicas!??

Hey, I was hoping to start out on the right foot or left whichever is the "right" one! lol good joke huh? Ok so who all owns A&C cars? Im hoping everyone that does can post pictures of their cars etc... I was really impressed with what people like Bill S have told me bout these and their qualitity!!

So Im asking any and all A&C owners how much is the kit for A&C? I havn't gotten any info back from them before so Im wondering. Appreciate your time, Im really curious what they run etc

Last edited by TheSaint71; 01-11-2014 at 09:07 PM..
Old 01-31-2004, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectable 302, C-4,Ford 9 inch
Not Ranked     
Default New A & C owner

jamin,

I just started my A & C build in November. I went with them for two main reasons: The body is outstanding. You can get a "gelcoat" finish that will save you thousands in finishing and painting costs. (and save you time sanding....)The rear suspension, specifically the (link)control arms are well engineered and located for the best ride control. I also like their gas tank, it is wedge shaped and does not hang down and become obtrusive like other kits. They are located in Buffalo. They are very prompt in responding to phone calls for information and you can visit them....although I see you are located in the northwest. ( I am located in the Northeast of New York) As price goes...depends on what extras you are going to get. Basic kit will start around 12k. There are several guys who frequent this forum hopefully they will see your post and direct you to some of their pics. Good luck.

Jer
Old 01-31-2004, 10:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default wow thanks!

Wow, these cars rally sound nice! Yeahh, I think someone else has meantioned their gas tanks before.. sounds well-thought out! Appreciate your time.. thanks again. I never expected a kit like that to be out of Buffalo.. lol ekk

thanks

Last edited by TheSaint71; 01-11-2014 at 09:08 PM..
Old 02-01-2004, 06:55 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

Jamin: do a search for Antique & Collectibles on the search function above. Once you find some threads click on the camera icon of the different participants and it should take you to pictures of their cars if they loaded any on.
I purchased my Kit from Soony in the summer of 2000 and it was street legal Labor Day 2001. I'm always changing or adding something. It is a work still in progress. here is a latest pic.
Good Luck.
Jim
Old 02-01-2004, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

Still in original gelcoat after 4 years.

Roscoe
http://www.priveye.com/cobra.htm
Old 02-01-2004, 07:01 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     
Default Jamin:

Sorry,, you need to go to the thread on wheels for A & C cars that is over on shop talk. CC won't let me put the pic on another thread so soon. It's the Chome Yellow one in front of the burning bush.
Jim
Old 02-01-2004, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default nice

Nice cars guys... yellow and a black one ehh? Those look great! Really appreciate all your info.. what exactly is a gel coat anyway? They way it sounds, it sounds as if its really just alternative to painting, am I right? Looks great thats for sure! Whats their kit like to build? Very Impressive product..

Last edited by TheSaint71; 01-11-2014 at 09:08 PM..
Old 02-02-2004, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default A&C

Hey Jamin,

I got my A&C last year and it was really not a difficult build. I actually started my build towards the end of June and with some really long hours I completed the build the end of September.

As for the gelcoat, gelcoat is color application process that is commonly used on fiberglass boats. A&C can give you any color you want except metallics and pearls. The A&C gelcoat is superb as you can see from Roscoe's ride. I have seen Roscoe's ride this past October and the finish looks showroom.

One drawback to a gelcoat finish is that you can't get it with stripes. I took my body to a local paint shop and they scuffed the gelcoat finish, then taped and shot the stripes and then clear coated the entire body. The stripes are now buried beneath the clearcoat with no edge ridge. The clearcoating adds depth and luster to the gelcoat finish.

Here's a pic of my A&C:

Old 02-02-2004, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectible 351 windsor bored and stroked tko tremec
Not Ranked     
Default our A & C

We started our build in jan of 2003. will have it on the road this april. We went with A & C for the same reasons as others have stated. The frame , the rear end , and the gell coat. have had lots of fun and learned alot for the next one Roscoe and everyone on this board have been a BIG help with some of our questions. can't wait to get behind the wheel and take her for a spin.Sony was great to do business. We made the trip from Maine to Buffalo to pick up our body. We gots tons of thumbs up and smiles all the way back to Maine
Old 02-02-2004, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

I Love my A&C. I took delivery of the frame kit last April and the body in August. I purchased the "Paint" body which is also gelcoated, maing it a breeze to get ready for paint. I choose the paint body because of additional modifications I am making to the body. The glass is very thick and strong and the frame looks to be just about unbreakable. I have been making my A&C to be a very close replica of a competition car, fuel cell and all! I have pics in my gallery. Everyone here at CC is very helpful and friendly. Let me know if you need help.

--Mike
Old 02-06-2004, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As usual, late to the party but I'll check in. I bought mine second hand in the very early stages of the build. My original kit was purchased back in early 1998 and sat around as a rolling chassis with a drivetrain until I bought it in late 2001. Mine required a lot of modifications as it seems to have been an early rendition of their Cobra. Some of the pictures of A&C's on this forum are very different from mine in terms of the frame assembly. A lot of the modifications I have had to make to mine appear to be corrected on the current production units from A&C. I think that the A&C Cobra of today is a very good kit as it seems Joe T. and his crew have taken time to update some of the early problems.

I do have to say that every time I called and talked to Joe he was very receptive of the problems I was having and went above and beyond what he probably really needed to do considering I was not the person that purchased the original kit from him.

I spent about 1000 hours in my build but did a lot of modifications from the base kit, some neccessary and some because ....... well, I'm a perfectionist. I did all of the labor on mine exept the engine which was built by John York, the paint which was done by a local specialty shop and the interior was done by another local specialty shop. I had a complete interior from A&C but chose to go to a black interior because of the color scheme I chose completely clashed with the red vinyl that was supplied with the kit.

All-n-all I am quite pleased with my experience with this company and my build, and would recomend A&C for you too if you want a well mannered street and occasional strip car that you can have some fun with. I think that the body is second to none, when I took it to the paint shop they commented that it was the straightest 'glas body they had ever seen, they seemed very impressed. After they were finished, you can hardly tell it's 'glas it's so straight. I would recomend this shop to anyone that wants a supperior finished product. They are located here in Fort Wayne, Indiana and have clients as far west as St. Louis and as far east as the coast. If anyone is interested let me know. My body and paint job was billed at just under $10,000 and was worth every penny.

Please look at my photo gallery and ask any question you have, if I can't answer, I'm sure some of te other A&C owners/builders can like Roscoe or TonyMadrid or PNJSNAK (and others) all great people to talk to.

Anyhow, this is great, our own room. This makes me very happy that we have a place to go to ask questions specifically about our A&C builds. I've already got it saved as a hot button on my 'puter.

Have a great day guys and gals.
John

Last edited by John Poling; 02-06-2004 at 04:08 AM..