Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-25-2004, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C,351W
Not Ranked     
Default Why A&C Cobra

This may be a question asked commonly but being new to this BB, Im just wondering why you folks chose to go with the A&C kit?

For myself choosing a company has been a long process. I started thinking I liked the FFR and my education process grew from there.

I still wonder if I made the right choice for myself. I like the folks at A&C and have been to the shop for a visit. The body sold me. I could not believe how strong it was. Sonny has been great with info for my questions.

I guess my question with A&C yet is their packages do not seem as complete as some of the other companies. When I sat down with Sonny and tried to get a rough completed cost I could keep coming up with things that he had not included. I kown there will be things that I have not though of yet and I wonder how much I have not prepared for.

Anyway I would love to hear what your take on A&C has been.

Thanks Again,
Aaron
Old 03-25-2004, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectible 351 windsor bored and stroked tko tremec
Not Ranked     

hI Aaron i just finished my build with a@c and the car is just wonderfullllllll the body is super strong with the fiberglass and also its nice to have a color in the body because some kits you have to finish off the body from the fiberglass molds. and ours is good to go.l i think you will be very happy with this kit. If you have any questions on your build please contact me or any of the others in the A@C forum good luck Neil
Old 03-25-2004, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

Hey Aaron,
I am nearing the end of the build of my A&C. I have nothing but good things to say about A&C. The quality of the fiberglass is the best in the business (I think, don't want to start that battle, lol). I chose A&C over Factory Five because I was looking to do a lot of hotroding mods and I was not planning on any racing. The build has gone very well and the over all kit is great quality. The frame is very, very strong and the welding is perfect. Sonny was hard to understand at times, but we made it through. Joe was a great help also. I would look at what you want to build, how much you are willing to spend and what you will be using the Cobra for (besides the obvious, lol). I have pictures in my gallery if you are interested. You may want to look up Roscoe here at the forum. He is also great help.

--Mike
Old 03-25-2004, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

Aaron,

A&C was perfect for me cause I did not really want a 'kit'. I started out with the rolling chassis. I did not get the body right away. I used the gas tank, headers, sidepipes, rollbar that were 'specific' to the A&C.

I did not want to use a donor pedal set or steering column. I did not want their seats, gauges or interior; not because I thought the stuff was inferior but I just wanted to put in my own stuff.

I did get the windshield, lights, hood and trunk latches, door hardware and that kind of stuff because it's basically all the same. I used most of their mounting brackets but made some of my own too.

When I was almost done with the chassis, engine and drivetrain I ordered the body and went and picked it up.

It's going into its 4th year on the road and I still don't have it painted.

http://www.priveye.com/cobra.htm

Roscoe
Old 08-22-2004, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

All,

I have yet to purchase a kit and have recently received my A&C brochure in the mail. My question is this... what engine are you using in your Cobra? Mine will be using a built 427 (500hp) and I just want ot ensure that this kit can handle it. Any thoughts?

Also, (this question is for fun) if you happened to know your 1/4 mile times, you can post those too!

Thanks Much,

Tim in Indy
Old 08-22-2004, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

Hi Tim,
You won't have any problems with 500hp or 600 or 700 or more! The frame is amazing strong, so is the body. I am running a 428 dyno'd at 500 hp and other than the usual "getting things to fit" problems the build was fine. The only advice I have if you are going to use an FE is to lay the body on the frame and mark its final position before bolting in your motor. I ended up moving things around a little in order to get the headers to clear the foot box. It is also a tight fit if you are going to use a toploader. Other than that the build was great. The gelcoat only needed a little sanding to get a perfect paint job. Plus, its up to a half of an inch thick in some spots (very, very strong). As for 1/4 mile times, I haven't run any yet. It would vary car to car anyway depending on your cam, gears weight and other factors. Go luck on your Cobra search.

--Mike

Last edited by mj_duell; 08-22-2004 at 04:07 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: