Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 09-06-2007, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C
Not Ranked     
Default Picture of rear roll bar mount?

I' ve been going through my parts. Which part is the lower rear roll bar mount bracket. Here is what I have.

The bracket on the left goes on the roll bar. What is the bracket on the right ?

The manual shows another bracket that the top (left bracket) attaches too.

any body have a picture of the sidepipe mounted the frame? which brackets????
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey, The one on the right is your Gas Tank inlet for the gas knozzle. The one on the left is the center roll bar mount that mounts right beside the rear shock mount. I believe i have some pictures on my folder that can help you out. If not, let me know. You are missing one piece or you might still have it. Its the width of your main roll bar with mounts that the roll bar slides into. I have it on my photo album. Check it out.

Automan
Old 09-06-2007, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hope this helps both roll bar and sidepipe
Old 09-06-2007, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gas tank noozle o.k

Aaron
If you have a closer picture I would like it. You problaby can't since your body is already on.

I've been going through my parts and I can't figure it out.
Ron
Old 09-06-2007, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C , 466 Ford, 5speed Tremec
Neutral     
Exclamation Free advise on assembly

Take this for what it is worth, dont mount any of the parts that protrude from the body such as rollbar or side pipes with any type of Permanency untill you test mount the body! The A&C Cobra has a great body, but it is not perfect or symmetrical so you will have to, as the manual states place the body on the frame where you are happy with it, If you pre hang your side pipes you may have make adjustments to the brackets or one sidepipe will stick out further than the other or your rollbar will be to short or tall.
Not that you want my opinion, but here it is anyway, the pros test fit the whole vehicle togther before they paint a single part. Thats how I put my A&C togther and the final assembly held no surprises, but its just my opinion. Sam
Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C,351W
Not Ranked     

I think I have a picture that will help. I have to look on my camera.

If you dont have the rollbar yet you may not have the mount. Also if it was like mine it will need modification to fit the hoop.

Aaron
Old 09-06-2007, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

On the side pipes...... Check Roscoes web site.

I put my body on to get them looking the way I wanted. If I remember right the pipe on the drivers side sits further from the frame than the passenger side. Or the opposite.

I used 2 hunks of steel that came with my kit. I dont know if that was their intended spot but I felt it worked good. They were probably 1/2" stock 12" long by 1" wide.

You can see my mounts in this picture but probably not enough to help.

Last edited by AMiller; 09-06-2007 at 12:38 PM..
Old 09-06-2007, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is the best shot I could fid of my roll bar mount.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for going out of your way for the photo's they are great!!!

Holly cow. Its a lot different then the book or how I imagined. Sorry guys this is driving me crazy.

I am no where close to mounting anything. I'm just sorting out the parts.

The roll bar mount make no sense.

Are the tabs that mount the side pipes to the frame welded to the pipes??

Last edited by rdc767; 09-06-2007 at 07:40 PM..
Old 09-07-2007, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The red mount on top along with the red mount on the lower part of the frame are my seat belt mounts. I wanted my belts attached to the frame not fiberglass. They also double as body mounts. Dont look for them in your kit. They are built at home.

The rear roll bar mount is a combo of the factory part and the rest I built. Things did not fit like the awsome instruction book showed. The part you ask about is actually solid. I wanted a solid mount to the frame even though the factory roll bar set up is more decorative than functional.

I welded a bracket to my pipes that bolts to the mounts that fasten to the frame. Since I have yet to drive the car I can not say whether or not this is a good system.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks I think I get it now.

I believe this is the bracket.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That would be it.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

Just a suggestion on the sidepipe mounts. I made a bracket that is welded to the side of the pipes from 1 x 1 angle iron. Then I used a piece of 1/8 x 1 flat stock that is bolted to the frame. Weld the angle iron to the side pipes before you Jet coat them. When bolting the side pipe to the frame mounting bracket use a rubber washer between the brackets as a vibration absorber.
When the motor torques, things can not be rigid, or something will break or crack.
Position the body on the frame first with the gasket material on the frame rails, before you make any cuts in the body for side pipes or roll bars. Once you positioned the body to your satisfaction with the car on intended wheels and drive train installed. Drill a couple (4) pilot holes where you can put a couple of the large rivets (4) as location dowels.
Then you can begin to measure where you need to make cuts (Oh Boy!) in the body for the side pipes, roll bars, bumpers or quick jacks, etc.
When doing the roll bar be very careful deciding where to put the holes. The manual has approx layout positions for the holes, but watch out where the interior rear wall is. You don't want to run your roll bar thru it. The roll bar mounting brackets may need to be modified or spaced with spacers.
It's all part of the fun.
Always remember, plan your next move, make a decision, then go back and rethink the decision, then check things at least twice before you do it.
Remember "The Manual" is only a guide you are building a car that is not produced like an assembly line in a factory.
There is lot's of help here.
Good Luck.
Jim
Old 09-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

By the way the bracket on the right is what I used to support the body on the front of the vehicle.
Jim
Old 09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

In my gallery are 2 pics of possible side pipe brackets. These brackets can be ordered from any mufflershop, and they come in many configurations.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: