Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-27-2008, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default spring is in the air

Hi everyone: Just coming out of the good old winter hybrenation and starting to get the bug again to carry on with my project. Even though it is still snowing as i am writing this, i know that by the end of April, i will be able to being my test runs again.

Last time i wrote, i was telling how i had had just about enough for the year and i put the car away. Only got 30 miles with 3 tows and finally the front studs coming loose on the rotor. Well, i got new rotors from AC and will be putting them over the next two weeks or so. Still cold. I havn't started it up at all, all winter. So i am tyhinking maybe tomorrow. Just to see it it goes ok. Thats one thing for sure. The engine was running awsome during the last couple of runs. Should start up no problem.

Things to do. Got to adjust the doors alttle. Both the driver and passenger side. Found that after loong runs that the door would unlatch alittle. Not to the point that it would open up but rattle as if the door wasn't closed all the way. The trunk door also does that altille. I know why though. Drilling through the fibreglass and tapping it like the assembly manual says isn't good enough. You cant tight the bolt without stripping the threaded tapped on the fibreglass. So the latch loosens and then you hear the trunk lid bouncing. Got my cooling fan so i need to figure out a way to keep that from lossening off going over our rough roads. Interior needs some cleaning and straightening.

Its going to be fun this summer now that i took a break away from it. Hope everyone else is have fun and if there is any questions that i can help, just let me know.

For the newbees. I have a A&C cobra with a 1964 Ford 427 thunderbolt motor. 2 650CFM Holly 4 barrels. 1967 4sp Toploader and 3.75 rear gears. No radio, no heater, no top. Points distributor (i already have the crane electronic replacement for it to be changed this summer). Built it all myself and it is clearly showing it though the road tests. HAHAHA. See, i can laugh about it now through a winter long sessions at therapy. hahaha.

Automan
Old 03-28-2008, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, i started it up today. Took 3 turnes of the key and she started up. Couple of revs with the gas pedel and she just idles at 800 RPM. Just ran it for a few minutes. Outside temperature was 0 degrees Celcius.

Awsome.
Automan
Old 04-10-2008, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C , 466 Ford, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     

Automan,
I have been away from the club site for awhile, its good to hear that you got some of your issues worked out and the season ended before you lost your mind completly. It sounds like you have agood start for this season, good luck! As for me the cover is still on, but its becomming very tempting to lite it up. My problem is I just started a remodel in my kitchen so if i were to fire the snake up the kitchen wouldent be done till fall. Anyway, take it easy. Sam

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: